What Indy Wrestling companies do you watch?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Trying to revive this section a bit because surely there are more Independent Wrestling fans here so I want to find out what companies members follow. Looking to see if there is a decent amount of interest in companies so we can get some threads going about their big events or even generic threads for each company each year.

There are actually quite a few indy companies out there that have made a name for themselves and have developed a decent following. Ring of Honor is obviously the biggest of the indies but there is also Dragon Gate USA, EVOLVE, CHIKARA, Pro Wrestling Guerilla, Combat Zone Wrestling, SHIMMER, Pro Wrestling Syndicate, Full Impact Pro, Extreme Rising and many many more that I have failed to list.

What companies do you follow? Do you buy their iPPVs or DVDs? Do you think we should have threads for each iPPV/big event or a generic thread for the company each year?

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I follow PWG & DGUSA a lot.

I watch ROH but not as much as I used to and I despise CHIKARA as I find it too gimmicky.

Reactions: 1 person

Franco

Reaction score
I'm up to date with PWG, CHIKARA, PWS and some womens wrestling feds. Gave up on RoH.
Oh and I'm a huge $5 Wrestling fan, and pretty much wherever Colt Cabana goes.

IMO it's better to have one general thread per fed, because these specific event thread seem to lack discussions. With one big thread you could always have discussions regardless whether their next event is in 2 days or in 2 months.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I try to keep up with ROH, PWG and EVOLVE. I watch random ones for the hell of it every now and then.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Recently its only ROH, and CMLL from time to time, but it starts at 11 on Mondays, so the overflow from Raw and the late start time means I typically miss the first half of the show.

I used to check out some of the local indy shows, but to the best of my knowledge they have gone under.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Currently watching ROH and PWG at the moment.

I started watching ROH back in 2010 and have ordered most of their iPPVs since then. I also pick up some of their DVDs if they look good, although after the slump that they've been going through a lot of their DVDs haven't been worth buying. Any DVDs that I do buy these days are mostly for PWG, which I started watching last year. They've been putting out a lot of good stuff lately and don't appear to be slowing down.

I think we should have threads for two of these companies at least. Having a thread for each monthly show probably wouldn't be the best idea, but as Franco said, a general thread for each fed would be a good idea.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Thankyou to all that replied. I think the best format will be to set up some general threads for most of the companies mentioned a few times and then show threads for the biggest shows. If someone wants to start a general thread for any of the companies they are interested in feel free to go ahead otherwise I will start getting them set up over the next week.

To anyone else that reads this thread please feel free to add your two cents.

Last edited:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I used to be a Big ROH fan and have quite a few DVDs from 2004-2011 but fizzled out over the last couple years. Was also big into DGUSA for a while and even am seen in the front row of Open The Northern Gate a bunch of times. Went a CHIKARA show or two as well. Since I got my new job though don't have as much time for Indy's so the only one I really follow is CLASH whose shows I have been attending for a few years now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sorry it has taken so long but I have posted general threads for PWG and for DGUSA/Evolve, there are also threads up for ROH. These seem to be the most popular companies but if anyone else wants to discuss another indy company please feel free to create a thread about it. Check out those threads and lets see if we can get this section going again.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I enjoy ROH and PRIME wrestling. I've been watching a lot of PRIME stuff lately. Some decent wrestling on there.