What do you think of TNA's Evolution?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
If you've been watching TNA (which I wouldn't be surprised if you weren't but anyway) you'd see that TNA has a three men stable centered around authority figure MVP. His cohorts are Kenny king and Bobby Lashley. Obviously they're copying WWE's ever so successful Evolution stable. What do you think of the "Black Evolution"? :lol: do they have potential or they're just a rip off and nothing else

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I don't understand how they're a rip off of Evolution. Evolution was about the past, present and future, and I'd say none of these guys are any of those. It's just another 3 man stable.

I know it's not you who came up with the term, but I just don't get it.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
It was more of current as of a week ago evolution which wasn't about the future so much at all it's a authority figure of some stature a part timer powerhouse and an active guy who's kind of a hot head id say it fits pretty perfectly

Swinny

Reaction score
Not everything TNA does is a rip off of something WWE does, contrary to popular belief...

If you REALLY want to draw a parallel it's to the Nation of Domination and not Evolution. There is no similarity to Evolution other than it being three guys and Evolution sure as hell wasn't the first three man group out there. If MVP, Lashley and King are a rip off of Evolution than Evolution was a rip off of Triple X...

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Not everything TNA does is a rip off of something WWE does, contrary to popular belief...

If you REALLY want to draw a parallel it's to the Nation of Domination and not Evolution. There is no similarity to Evolution other than it being three guys and Evolution sure as hell wasn't the first three man group out there. If MVP, Lashley and King are a rip off of Evolution than Evolution was a rip off of Triple X...

But the current evolution has the leader being an authority figure. MVP's stable has him as the authority figure.

Swinny

Reaction score
But the current evolution has the leader being an authority figure. MVP's stable has him as the authority figure.

So? There's always been authority figures, always going to be authority figures and a lot of the time they're going to have stables behind them, that's usually how it works. It's been done long before Evolution and long after.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
So? There's always been authority figures, always going to be authority figures and a lot of the time they're going to have stables behind them, that's usually how it works. It's been done long before Evolution and long after.

But usually the stables had more than three men and TNA is doing it so close to evolution

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Swinny did u not read what I wrote as to why it's like Evolution? The only way it's like the nation is cuz they are black guys. Nation had more members and was about taking down the white establishment. MVP is the establishment. Honestly not sure what is so hard to see as to how it's like Evolution well preRollins Evolution. Veteran who is in power and abuses it Trips=MVP, Enforcer Muscle Head Batista = Lashley, Brash Hot Head Youngest of group Orton = King. Really can't spell it out for ya any clearer then that.

Swinny

Reaction score
Swinny did u not read what I wrote as to why it's like Evolution? The only way it's like the nation is cuz they are black guys. Nation had more members and was about taking down the white establishment. MVP is the establishment. Honestly not sure what is so hard to see as to how it's like Evolution well preRollins Evolution. Veteran who is in power and abuses it Trips=MVP, Enforcer Muscle Head Batista = Lashley, Brash Hot Head Youngest of group Orton = King. Really can't spell it out for ya any clearer then that.

Yes but you know how many stables did that before Evolution? Tons.

Is the group in TNA original? No, but neither was Evolution really and it just gets kind of annoying when everyone is scrambling for things to claim TNA ripped off of WWE.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
At this moment in time it's almost a cookie cutter stable imo

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I meant cookie cutter version of the current evolution. Hell I'm not even talking about original Evolution I am saying this COO Trips version. But it's really just semantics at this point. Ripping off the E or not TNA fuckin blows right now.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
If you REALLY want to draw a parallel it's to the Nation of Domination and not Evolution.

Not that I watch TNA but unless they're coming out with military berets and making statements about black oppression than it's nowhere near the nation.

THIS is a play on the nation :lol:

[video=youtube;jKhQ2T_LI5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKhQ2T_LI5c[/video]

My point being - they are both based off the black panther party. (Yes, I know a thing or two about American history)