What Are Your Characters Like "Out of the Ring?"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
This is something dumb to do while we wait for the next card I thought of after making a joke in the Twitter thread. We all know wrestling is "fake" and the e-feds are a RP universe. But, wrestlers are regular people out of the ring and maybe their character is them turned up to an 11, or they completely throw themselves into a role like an actor/actress. So once they are out of their character and into their normal life, what do they do? What are they like? Of course, this is not to be referred to in promos your character makes it as part of their actual history.

Here's mine:

Princess Nova:

Alexis "Nova" Taylor is a former model and cousin of former NGW/RWK Wrestler, Ryan "Vendetta" Doucette. She was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia (hence the nickname) and then moved across country to Vancouver at a young age.

To this day, she is a total bubbly dork. She played video games with her cousin online, and has a massive Disney obsession (Now you see the gimmick inspiration). She's a Pokemon fan and her favourite Pokemon is Sylveon. She also follows the Vancouver Canucks.

Her Mother passed away when she was 14 after a battle with cancer. This did cause some dire situations for her and her family, with her dad being dependent on Alcohol, and her later in High school sneaking some for herself and experimenting with some drugs. She was kicked out of the house at a point for it.

She got clean thanks to her school stepping in and helping her graduate. That was where she got into modelling since part of her "rehab" was her having a day at a photo-shoot. However, she was, and still is, a total dork and she had a casual interest in wrestling because when her cousin, Ryan, went on family vacations to see her, he'd often watch the big summer PPV with his dad and Uncle, and Nova would watch with them. But after seeing her cousin at a wrestling show in New York when she was at a shoot there, she got an itch to try it and grew into a passion quickly. She was trained in BC, then did some further training with Ryan and the man who trained him. Afterwards, she slowly transitioned out of modelling to wrestling full-time. Ironically, her cousin opened a wrestling school in Ontario and focuses on running it and being with his family, wrestling only in Canada and the US Northeast. He even helped her come up with concepts for her Princess Nova character.

Edit: Also because of her previous history with alcohol, she rarely drinks, only when she is with friend who can help her limit her intake. If she has a drink in a promo, it is a non-alcoholic version.

She is not related to Slate and Eden, though they have mentored her since they first met in RWK. When they hired her in LDW, Nova wanted to build off their history, and after thinking "What if I turned-?" that got the wheels rolling on her going out of her bubbly "Rainbow Princess" character, and into the TORN Angel, Princess Nova.

Alexis is also openly bisexual and has had several relationships over the years, few lasting. Her last one was with another wrestler, but they broke up as she could never be together with him enough because he got a big break and they drifted apart. Though she just got in a relationship recently.

Vampiress

Much like many masked-wrestlers, she keeps her identity and family a secret. However, what she has shown is that she is a total weeb, and she chose to wear a mask out of her family initially not supporting her dream fully as a wrestler. That and she also speaks English because she took English classes in school and did some travelling. Though it is rusty, but her friend Cali is helping her improve while she makes her first tour as a wrestler in America. Rumour has it that she has an older brother who plays in the NPB.

Cali Hayama

Much like she builds off, she is a pretty successful content creator. With 700k followers on Twitch, and one million on YouTube where she posts stream highlights. She's obviously a total nerd for video games. Some of her favourite games include Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, Pokemon Black/White, Xenoblade, and Persona 5. She didn't inititally have a favourite Pokemon, but on her channel, she was doing a randomizer Nuzlocke of Black, and a Zorua/Zoroark carried her team through it. She brought a Zorua plush home from Japan after her first tour of Japan, and it became a mascot for her channel.

She's fluent in Japanese as she visited with her family a bit as a kid since she has relatives there. Though her family is second generation Canadian. Ever since touring for CJW, she has really become comfortable speaking the language and though her pronunciation is off for some words, she's able to cut promos in Japanese primarily while there.

Also... Remember how Nova has a relationship?

Itz with Cali. Dun dun duh! Yes, Cali is bi as well. LGBTQ+ characters where their sexuality isn't a focal point! They became friends in LDW both sort of clicking personality-wise, being from the same province, and having some interests. Though feelings only developed once they started talking again prior to Cali making her AMA debut. At Manifest Destiny, Cali asked her out backstage. They had their date night after St Patrick's Day smash, and are an item. Though it will not be mentioned in character, something I like is there is a small connection between all my characters. Ryan married my first female character. Nova is his cousin. Ryan trained my other male character, now this.

Last edited: