Warner Bros. Puts David Yates' 'Tarzan' on Hold

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
David Yates' adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs's Tarzan won't be swinging into production this year because Warner Bros. has put the movie on hold, Deadline has learned. The movie is not officially dead, however.

According to sources, they may start the movie up again next year when the obstacles holding production back have been cleared.

What are those obstacles? More often than not, it has something to do with the movie's budget. No numbers were revealed, but it's probably way over the $100 million figure.

Another factor may be related to casting. Deadline has heard that the studio wanted Jamie Foxx for the movie's third lead, but he's already doing The Amazing Spider-Man 2. However, I doubt the studio would shut a movie down just for Foxx.

Getting the cost down will require a rewrite of the script. While sources say Yates is still attached, will he still be onboard with the modified script and revised budget?

The movie was to star Alexander Skarsgard as Tarzan, with Jessica Chastain eyeing the Jane role. Skarsgard is the only actor attached so far, but with this delay, he may have to move on to another project. Stay tuned.

not that this movie has interested me much so far but if Chastain was Jane in some nice fur bikini. I would be more interested now I can wait.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
No big loss here, I think the concept of Tarzan is pretty dead these days.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
No big loss here, I think the concept of Tarzan is pretty dead these days.

I would have to agree with you. I think the only way it might work is if it was done on another planet but even that would be a stretch.