Wade Barrett Talks Unscripted Promos, Face/Heel

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

HustlerRS

Reaction score
She hot. especially second from the right second top row. She's like a Jaime Bergman type

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Here are some highlights of what The Corre leader Wade Barrett talked about during a recent interview with Postcrescent.com:

Unscripted Promos: "A lot of the times we’re shoved out in front of the camera and I may be out there talking for 10 minutes straight or doing it back and forth with someone for 10 or 15 minutes. A lot of times you are having to ad-lib."

"There’s no way anybody can memorize all the stuff we have to come out and say. Generally, I’ll have an idea of what’ I’m gonna say, but in terms of crowd interaction and things like that, sometimes the crowd will be chanting stuff at me, so I’ll want to say something in response to that. Sometimes whoever I’m talking with might throw me a curveball – like John Cena’s very good at ad-libbing. He used to throw a lot of curveballs at me when I was out there talking with him, so I have to be very much reactive to what’s going on around me."

The Most Painful Move He's Felt In WWE: "That would probably have to be Justin Gabriel’s 450 splash. It’s a spectacular looking move, but the velocity of him spinning around combined with the fact that he’s jumping 10-feet in the air or whatever it is, makes for a very heavy impact. That’s definitely one of the most painful moves I’ve ever had to take."

Is It Easier To Be A Face Or Heel?: "I think it purely depends on the individual. I know I’ve always felt more comfortable being an antagonist and on the few occasions in my career when I’ve tried to go out and be the fan favorite, back in my days in the U.K., I just never did a good job with it. I was always very bad at getting the fans to get behind me and cheer for me and clap for me, so I knew very early in my career that I would be a better antagonist than protagonist. … Some guys are better fit for certain roles and I think I’m a better fit as a heel."
Good to see they allow guys to say stuff they want to say though it doesn't surprise me that Cena can ad-lib whenever he wants.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I'm gonna use this interview in future arguments. I've said that Wade Barrett isn't a guy who would be a very good face and some people have disagreed with me and wanted him to turn. Now it comes from the man himself, just as I told everyone. He's a natural born heel, he should never be a face.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I can't see it either he just fits perfectly in the heel role and probably will be a career heel. That's how it should be anyways.

Kylie

Reaction score
I agree. He's a natural heel and honestly can't see him playing a babyface role.

???

Banned
Reaction score
I'm gonna use this interview in future arguments. I've said that Wade Barrett isn't a guy who would be a very good face and some people have disagreed with me and wanted him to turn. Now it comes from the man himself, just as I told everyone. He's a natural born heel, he should never be a face.

People argue he'd make a good face? I honestly don't see how they'd think that. His look, his size and just him absolutely screams heel. I can't say it surprises me that people would think that though.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

You never want to see him as a face, trust me. He wasn't even decent at it in FCW and ended up announcing for a while and then became a heel.

AF.

Reaction score
No Wade should never be face. Guys like Ziggler however, SHOULD be face.

Semi-interesting read. Barrett's OK.