Vince Russo

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
The ratings can be explained as well: Prime-time airing, bigger promotion, more money pumped into the promotion by getting big house names like Hogan, Flair and Jeff Hardy. Comparing it with AEW 9 years later; TV ratings are a completely different beast. 800k now is more valuable than 1.5m back then, how weird it might sound. It's the truth. AEW is a healthier company right now than TNA was in their prime and every business measurement supports that.
Interesting how Russo can never get any credit without seventeen asterisks We're forgetting to mention here that TNA was going head to head with RAW for a period. It's a hard pill to swallow but late 2000s TNA was more culturally relevant than AEW today. Better roster, better TV, better matches, a video game, all on a shittier network with supposedly the worst booker ever. For me, I thought Russo era TNA was fun compared to Kevin Federline Raw and Khali SmackDown. People who quit watching wrestling in like 2012 (normal people) remember the Steiner math promo, Nash doctor segments, Perc Angle etc.
He's the opposite of Jim Cornette in that regard, but at least Cornette's ideas aren't cringey (for the most part).
Cornette wanted to stay in his childhood, keep wrestling how he remembered it. I know I'm supposed to pretend to love Stan Lane and 15 minute snorefest matches by guys in single color underwear because the fans really believed it but from my perspective it's boring as fuck. I don't want real athletes to put on a show for these fans. Cut a promo, bring out a milk truck do something FUCK. The goofy Russo shit is 10x more interesting than wrasslin' imo. Russo and Cornette agree on a lot too which nobody seems to notice lol.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
You'd really really enjoy New Blood Rising (it's a really really really bad show) :bischoff:

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
You'd really really enjoy New Blood Rising (it's a really really really bad show) :bischoff:
I only watch

95-2000 ECW
97-03 WWE
05-09 TNA

747.jpg

pic related, that's me

Reactions: IndyWrestler1