Urijah Faber wants Kid Yamamoto next, talks fighting TJ Dillashaw.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Urijah Faber certainly didn't fail to impress when he defeated Bruce Leroy last Saturday at UFC 175, but immediately talks of facing his Alpha Male team mate and Bantamweight Champion TJ Dillashaw arose once again.

But according to Faber there are still plenty of names in the UFC's 135 pound division that's worth testing his name against, and one person who stands out amongst this list is Japan's Norifumi "Kid" Yamamoto.

Urijah Faber said:
There are all sorts of tough guys I’d like to fight. Kid Yamamoto. I’ve been asking for that for a long time.

Kid Yamamoto hasn't fought since UFC 144 in Japan where he was submit by Vaughn Lee, the UFC though is planning to make a return to Japan in September with Roy Nelson and Mark Hunt headlining and Faber admits that he would welcome that challenge.

As for the talks of fighting Dillashaw, it'll be a while before that happens according to Faber.

Urijah Faber said:
I’m ranked No. 2. I fight because I love doing it. I don’t do it for the money. If someone had a billion dollars and wanted to make it worth it for both of us, I’d talk to him. But I don’t want to fight him.

Following his win over Alex Caceres this Saturday, Faber now crawls to 31-7 being unbeaten in non title fights. Over the course of his UFC career, he's defeated the likes of Eddie Wineland, Brian Bowles, Scott Jorgensen, and Michael McDonald.

Author: Alex Cochrane
Cited source: Dana Becker (fightline.com)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought Kid Yamamoto alongside Yoshihiro Akiyama would have been cut by now, guess not, hope that fight happens.

Swinny

Reaction score
Faber vs. Kid Yamamoto is a ridiculous fight that I really don't want to see. Kid has lost five of his last six and then they throw him in with probably the 3rd best guy at bantamweight? Faber would absolutely destroy him at this stage in the game and there's absolutely no reason for that fight to be made.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
Faber vs. Kid Yamamoto is a ridiculous fight that I really don't want to see. Kid has lost five of his last six and then they throw him in with probably the 3rd best guy at bantamweight? Faber would absolutely destroy him at this stage in the game and there's absolutely no reason for that fight to be made.

I disagree, Kid Yamamoto almost had Vaugh Lee until he was caught. He always shows up and puts on an exciting fight, it's reasons like that I said about Yoshihiro Akiyama in which you'd argue this.

I see this being a pretty exciting fight myself.

Swinny

Reaction score
He does always bring it, but how much does he have to offer anymore? Will he come to fight? Sure. Does he stand a chance at winning or even coming close? I don't think so at all.

The Great Cochrane

Reaction score
He does always bring it, but how much does he have to offer anymore? Will he come to fight? Sure. Does he stand a chance at winning or even coming close? I don't think so at all.

It's MMA bro, anything can happen.

Trust me :lol: Everything looks like it can't on paper and then boom, something happens.

Let's not forget Anderson losing to Weidman, Hendricks knocking out Fitch, or Dillashaw beating Barao. He's got a puncher's chance, and he's got a pretty hard fucking punch.

Swinny

Reaction score
It's MMA bro, anything can happen.

Trust me :lol: Everything looks like it can't on paper and then boom, something happens.

Let's not forget Anderson losing to Weidman, Hendricks knocking out Fitch, or Dillashaw beating Barao. He's got a puncher's chance, and he's got a pretty hard fucking punch.

Weidman, Hendricks and Dillashaw all had shown they had a lot more to offer than Kid when those happened though. Kid is 37, lost 5 of his last 6, and should have been cut or retired by now, so it's a different situation. Sure anything can happen and sure maybe he has a punchers chance, but is that enough to book a fight on?

Swinny

Reaction score
But that's why Faber's a fighter and not a matchmaker. :p