Update On CM Punk After Hip Problems

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
- The WWE Creative team has been told CM Punk is out of physical storylines for at least three months due to his hip issue. But that doesn't mean he is gone from TV, because they have also been told to come up with ideas for him in a non-wrestling role. One source says that Punk may be having surgery within the next week. It is said that Punk could work through the injury, but that it will only get worse and WWE management wanted him to get this taken care of. Right now Punk is not scheduled for TV this week, although that could quickly change.

Source: 411Mania

- CM Punk isn't expected to be in 'wrestling action' for at least three months due to his hip issue, however WWE creative has been told to come up with non-wrestling storylines to integrate punk into RAW.

Surgery is scheduled for this week and as of writing, Punk is not expected to appear on this week's TV tapings.

In terms of the injury, the feeling is that Punk could work through it, but WWE management do not want to risk it getting any worse.

Source - LOP.

Shame that he isn't wrestling, but I'm glad that it gives him a chance to persue his commentary career (He was awesome on NXT).

Axis

Reaction score
PUT THE MAN ON COMMENTARY. I honestly believe it would be a huge missed opportunity of they don't put him at the announce booth. They could even have him join Michael Cole in trashing Daniel Bryan to set up a feud between them when Punk can return.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
PUT THE MAN ON COMMENTARY. I honestly believe it would be a huge missed opportunity of they don't put him at the announce booth. They could even have him join Michael Cole in trashing Daniel Bryan to set up a feud between them when Punk can return.

Pretty much this. I loved Punk on commentary and not only would it help him rehab from the injury, his eventual return would be right around the Royal Rumble could set up a Bryan/Punk feud for potentially Mania or atleast the Rumble or Elimination Chamber/No Way Out or whatever the PPV between the Royal Rumble and Mania is gonna be called. Which I think could/should be pretty awesome.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Yeah, this is fucking bullshit that my honey wont be wrestling. Gay gay gay gay gay.

Commentary would be awesome. PLEASE STAY ON MY TV SCREEN, K.

...god...

Reaction score
Fire Lawler, add Punk (and Josh Matthews). NOW.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
That sucks for me because this angle they had going between him and danielson was the only reason I watched raw.His mic skills sure are top notch and always entertaining but man I really hope to see the angle with danielson continue.

noumenon

Reaction score
Love the commentary idea. However Punk has never had any real time away from the WWE since his debut. I think this is a great opportunity to really remold Punk in any way they see necessary. Some time off would present the chance for them to redebut him as a bigger face or heel than he's ever been. Though Punk off of WWE TV right now is something they simply can't afford.

Airfixx

Reaction score
That sucks for me because this angle they had going between him and danielson was the only reason I watched raw.His mic skills sure are top notch and always entertaining but man I really hope to see the angle with danielson continue.

What are you talking about? ....What angle between Bryan & Punk?

Airfixx

Reaction score
So as I thought, no real angle to speak of thus far then....

BigDog4215 would appear to see different episodes of Raw to that which the rest of us get.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
So as I thought, no real angle to speak of thus far then....

BigDog4215 would appear to see different episodes of Raw to that which the rest of us get.
It looked like they were going do something with the 2 until punks injury and would have liked to see through but I guess that kind of talk is forbidden since it isn't a official angle yet

noumenon

Reaction score
Yeah, it seemed they were going to go with a Punk/Bryan program. Punk watched his match the week before he was injured and even talked him up on commentary. He applauded him after the match and the two had a stare down.

Airfixx

Reaction score
It looked like they were going do something with the 2 until punks injury and would have liked to see through but I guess that kind of talk is forbidden since it isn't a official angle yet

Far from it, but you specifically refered to the angle they had going on... Which insinuates that it was already happening. Which it wasn't.

Furthermore, you said it was the only reason you watch Raw which is utter nonsense as last last Monday's show was the first hint of these two having an angle in the future, so how could you possibly be tuning in to see the Punk/Danielson angle???

...You can't.

...And before you even go there, I'm not being an out and out pedant - Your comments suggested that I may have in fact missed some segments between the pair of them... Turns out I hadn't.

bigdog4215

Reaction score
Well I'm sorry if I mistated something or left something out and to clarify I wasn't really pay attention to raw until I read punk was back on raw.As for the angle that actully isn't a angle,I was just trying to say after listening to punk during that match and seeing him stand up and clap,I wanted to see if they were going to do something with them.

Airfixx

Reaction score
So the entire original post was horseshit then?

Whatever.... No need to act stroppy with ME because of YOUR inability to convey your point.