UFC 276: Adesanya vs. Cannonier - July 2, 2022

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh and marketing Izzy will still be easy bc no one will care about his boring fight bc they're still talking about his walkout, but maybe that's my wrestling fan bias lmao

Darkavius

Reaction score
I watch every UFC show and call every "dominant, one-sided technical" fight boring and get called out for it every time and will continue to do so anyway:rippedcal

At least you're consistent. Last night was one of those transition nights where you see a bunch of people that need to move to the next step in their careers. Jessica Eye finally retired. The UFC were going to cut her anyway. Cerrone finally retired. UFC wasn't going to let him fight again. You saw Volk become one of the best in the world. Izzy/Pereira is set up for likely the end of the year.

That leaves what do you do if you are Holloway and Cannonier?

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
At least you're consistent. Last night was one of those transition nights where you see a bunch of people that need to move to the next step in their careers. Jessica Eye finally retired. The UFC were going to cut her anyway. Cerrone finally retired. UFC wasn't going to let him fight again. You saw Volk become one of the best in the world. Izzy/Pereira is set up for likely the end of the year.

That leaves what do you do if you are Holloway and Cannonier?

Yeah I don't think it was a bad show or anything, just what happens when two champs are that good. And in this case I like them anyway so I wasn't even cheering for upsets like I do a lot. Cannonier I can see staying a top contender and getting another shot down the road but man idk where you go with Max, I still think he'd beat the rest of the division when I was looking through it last night tbh :lol unless there's an up and comer I was forgetting about

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That Jessica Eye retirement speech was nice

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
People out there trying to say "no one was calling Anderson "boring'"..... like they don't remember the Patrick Cote/Damian Maia fights. :TI:

Reactions: Darkavius

Darkavius

Reaction score
That Jessica Eye retirement speech was nice

In fairness Eye should have retired long ago. When she got beat by Calvillo (basically a mid-level strawweight) the writing was on the wall. She's always had excuses after she lost. Whether it was 135 was too big for her to her numerous health ailments she was just never that good.