Twin Peaks.....after 2+ decades?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Twin Peaks return? Season 3 rumored, with David Lynch and Mark Frost reportedly on board.

Take it with a grain of salt, but what I find VERY interesting is Lynch being in a meeting with NBC executives. He recently stated he definitely has plans for something new down the line, and I would just LOVE to have him on TV again, fans probably already know that Mulholland Dr. was initially intended to be a TV series but later made into a movie as Lynch's vision for TV just was not "feasible." (I have the unaired pilot script stashed away someplace in my hard disk.)

Thoughts on Lynch possibly doing something new for TV? (Or reviving Twin Peaks?)

I'm personally all for the former. The latter, not so much. With Fringe ending and all, I need new dose of weirdness from some place. A Lynch project plus Layman's "Chew" for TV would be = Orgasmic

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have never watched Twin Peaks and only found out about it thanks to a Season 5 episode of Psych called Dual Spires. They bring back a lot of the cast and apparently follow a similar plot line to the tv series. It was an odd episode, something completely different to what I am used to seeing. Reading up about the show I am amazed at how big a draw it was, a 22 rating with 33% share is an incredible result for the pilot. Strange that it only lasted two seasons after such strong ratings. I can't see a revival of the show after two decades though, maybe a tv movie but not a full season of episodes.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I read somewhere already that Lynch is not reviving Twin Peaks. Wouldnt mind him working on Chew, but if Lynch is going to touch a comic book I personally would prefer something done by Garth Ennis, Jeff Lemire, or Scott Snyder like Sweet Tooth, Stitched, The Boys, or American Vampire. Seeing his take on any of those properties would be an orgasm waiting to happen.

[MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION], you should check out Twin Peaks atleast, It was 2 seasons, plus a movie. I have yet to watch a show that had me hooked half as much.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I have never watched Twin Peaks and only found out about it thanks to a Season 5 episode of Psych called Dual Spires. They bring back a lot of the cast and apparently follow a similar plot line to the tv series. It was an odd episode, something completely different to what I am used to seeing. Reading up about the show I am amazed at how big a draw it was, a 22 rating with 33% share is an incredible result for the pilot. Strange that it only lasted two seasons after such strong ratings. I can't see a revival of the show after two decades though, maybe a tv movie but not a full season of episodes.

Twin Peaks - Pilot Episode Review - Serial Drama

You should definitely watch it, while it is true that the second season was disappointing in comparison to the first (owing mainly due to background causes I bet and not due to any fault on the side of creative) the whole show just has this mystical aura surrounding it, and it gives you this "just one more episode; just one more episode" feeling when you've finished watching one. Very addictive imo.

Kyle McLachlan as Dale Cooper is one of the most memorable characters. (on TV)

http://seriable.com/twin-peaks-nbc-on-revival-rumors-its-a-good-idea/

Jennifer Salke said:
“When it came up we all looked at each other and said, ‘That’s a good idea.’ We were all kind of like, ‘Hmm, we like Twin Peaks!’ So, I’ll send some emails today, and see what I can get to come in.”

No...it isn't.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Twin Peaks is just a masterpiece, not only was it a unique cult television show, with amazing characters, visaully it is brilliant and the haunting atmosphere and sense of periody and malodrama is just so engaging. And the music is so dreamy.....

Also it influenced so much TV and movies since, the fact that both the X-Files and Desprate Housewives two completely different shows was infulenced by Twin Peaks shows you its broad appeal.

Still making my way through the second season, have almost finished it, towards the end it does lose its way, but I do think it is still very good. I don't really see the point in a third season now 30 episodes is enough to cover, but would love Lynch to be involved in something else on TV while I egoly await his next film project. BTW I love the episode with the Duchovny character in drag:lmao

Agree on Cooper too, one of the great television characters.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Twin Peaks was awesome.

I would say only bring it back if it's going to be broadcast on FX. FX pretty much lets their shows run wild if they are rated Mature and run after 10 p.m.

I wouldn't want NBC to touch Twin Peaks. They're going to rape the Hannibal Lecter character later this year with a weekly primetime show, and they'd dumb Twin Peaks down or demand that cameos be made by whoever's hot on the "ShitBoard Top 40"