Top Independent Star & Former WWE Prospect Hinting At ROH Debut?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
logo.png

Willie Mack, who'd be best known for his work with Californian independent promotion Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, sent out a tweet (see below) hinting at what could potentially be a Ring of Honor debut at their March 1st pay-per-view, the 13th Anniversary Show. Mack made headlines in recent months when he was signed by WWE, but then quickly released before he could ever compete for NXT.

The only name advertised for the 13th Anniversary Show not in a match is "Reborn" Matt Sydal.

I've seen some of Willie Mack's stuff, he puts on a solid show given the right booking, but then again so do a lot of people.. Would you be interested in seeing him with ROH after being dropped by WWE? For the right price I think he could be a pretty heavy contributor to the promotion.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/37970/Top-Independent-Star-Former-WWE-Prospect-Hinting-At/

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Yes, please!

Screw WWE for not letting this guy shine in NXT, but hopefully he'll shine in ROH.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yes, please!

Screw WWE for not letting this guy shine in NXT, but hopefully he'll shine in ROH.

I'd give him a little extra time time at the start of his time in ROH if he decides to work with that promotion.. he might not get that many televised matches out of the gate.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd give him a little extra time time at the start of his time in ROH if he decides to work with that promotion.. he might not get that many televised matches out of the gate.

True... I'd like to see him in ROH, it's such a shame WWE didn't want him.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Willie Mack is a top independent star?

I like the guy but he is big in Cali. That's it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What happened between he and WWE? He never even worked for them after signing did he?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Willie Mack is a top independent star?

I like the guy but he is big in Cali. That's it.

Poor wording on the title for the article but he's technically a top independent star in Cali just not worldwide.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
What happened between he and WWE? He never even worked for them after signing did he?

From what I read he technically never officially signed, he would've but I guess there was some results of a medical/physical test he took that concerned them at the time so they passed.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Poor wording on the title for the article but he's technically a top independent star in Cali just not worldwide.
If you were ever (even loosely) associated with WWE and then you return to the Indies are you pretty much a top Indy star.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I have no problem with Mack going to ROH. I'm sure ROH would treat him 100% better than WWE did.