Top 10 Anime Theme Songs

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
What are your Top 10 Anime Theme songs of all time? Also, if you are going to post using a video please put it in a spoiler just to make things less clutter. Thank you.

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
In no particular order, tried to avoid duplicates as well. Although Kuusou Mesorogiwi is probably my actual number one. The show sucks hard, but the song is great.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
So just based on the songs themselves and not how the visuals compliment them or anything like that? Cool. Also will be avoiding any repeats here, with the ones I'd consider for my list that have already mentioned being Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX, Space Dandy, Tokyo Ghoul, Desert Punk (though I prefer the English version of the song), Neon Genesis Evangelion, & Mob Psycho 100. I'm also only going to do one per series, so I'll just avoid any songs from series already mentioned (for example, I love Digimon Frontier's English theme the most from Digimon).

Just like Mushishi itself, something completely different from what anime typically offers. Love the most stripped down, almost folk pop comforting vibe of the song. Love the lyrics too, the soft way he sings about killing giant bears and robbing convience store is funny to me. Shout-out to Zoku Shou's theme too, Lucy Rose's "Shiver", the two are very close for me.

Only saw one episode of the show & I thought it was terrible but the OP sure stood with me. The Chorus may just be essentially one line "Come and Save Me" but it's sung with such power and the song builds to it so way, that it's just stuck with me. Here entirely for the chorus.

Pretty good English lyrics for a Japanese band (all there songs are written in English I believe), and I like it for it's rocking tune as well. Part of me wishes it was a bit heavier, but I like the screams there as a nice pace-breaker and strength of emotion. The guitars and drums are nice too.

This song only fit the show for like at most five episodes if at all and it somehow lasted the entire show, but I love the cheesy pop song anyway. Maybe it's nostalgia but it'll always be a favorite.

Steve Conte and Yoko Kanno are a dream pairing, and this track is only further evidence. On it's own, I do think five minutes is a bit too long for the song, but otherwise I no complaints. Love the lyrics, love the chorus (which combines the power of Kiri but with more melodic diversity).

Ha, I can put songs on sung in Japanese! Didn't think one was coming up, did ya? Anyway, any song I love for the chorus, especially the ending off it with that trumpet I believe and the time the vocalist slows down a strecthes out a syllable in-bewtween the faster bits of the chorus, very effective.

Love the unique style here, I'm not great at describing sounds, but it's a got a bit of a funk vibe to it I think, and I think the chorus is very catchy. Suga Shikao feels like a solid artist to me with a distinct voice/style, based on this and his other OP from Tegami Bachi, Hajimari no Hi. Both tracks are pretty close to me, but I like Yakusoku more because it sounds more original.

Love the mixture of funky instrumentals, English rap with a male vocalist, and the female vocalist chorus in Japanese. Such a great mix of sounds, sounds like it could be a Persona song.

The funk is strong in this one, absolutely love it. Bradio's probably my favorite band I've discovered from anime. Them or Asian Kung-Fu Generation (which had like three near misses on this list). Also fun fact, Bradio does frame-by-frame live-action recreation of the OP for anime that uses their song, and it's freaking awesome. I love these dorks.

For it's sexy upbeat jazz groove, and the chorus is literally my ringtone. Favorite OP counting visuals and everything too.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score

This song only fit the show for like at most five episodes if at all and it somehow lasted the entire show, but I love the cheesy pop song anyway. Maybe it's nostalgia but it'll always be a favorite.

My dude.