Tom Cruise Being Looked At For Clint Eastwood's A Star Is Born

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
tom_cruise_29889.jpg

There's a very good reason why we haven't heard much about Clint Eastwood's remake of A Star Is Born recently. First announced in January of last year, the production was forced to be put on hold last August because Beyonce Knowles, who is set to play the titular "star," became pregnant with her first child. Now that the singer/actress has given birth, however, the wheels are starting to spin again and it looks like Warner Bros. and Eastwood may have found the actor they want for the male lead.

Deadline has learned that the studio is currently looking at Tom Cruise for the remake of A Star Is Born. The story follows an aging rock star (Cruise, should he choose to sign on) as he takes a young and talented singer (Knowles) under his wing and sacrifices his own career to make her famous. The actor does have recent experience in the music game as he has a major role in Adam Shankman's musical Rock of Ages, due out June 15th, in which he plays hair metal rocker Stacee Jaxx. At this point it's unknown if Cruise will accept the part or if scheduling will work out. The actor also recently completed work on the Christopher McQuarrie-directed One Shot and is set to star in Joseph Kosinski's sci-fi epic Oblivion. The script for A Star Is Born has been written by Will Fetters, Billy Gerber and Jon Peters.

Cruise is certainly an interesting choice to step into the role, which has previously been played by actors like Fredric March, James Mason, and Kris Kristofferson.

cinemablend

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Eh, I think I would pass on this anyway. Even with Eastwood at the helm it doesn't seem like a movie that I would want to watch again.