TNA Losing UK TV Deal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Veritas

Reaction score
Source: www.f4wonline.com

The U.K. version of Bravo, which airs TNA Impact, shuts down on 1/1. It was known to be shut down imminently, but the date wasn't official. No word on TNA in the U.K. getting a new station.

----

TNA regularly does better ratings than WWE in the UK - and they're still losing their deal. Proof positive that, in the big picture, ratings don't mean a hell of alot and, for all the people saying TNA is doing OK and improving - they're not.

...god...

Reaction score
They're probably just pissed that Douglas Williams is getting buried and Brutus and Wolfe don't even get on TV anymore.

I would be too, this is what happens, TNA

Airfixx

Reaction score
"The U.K. version of Bravo, which airs TNA Impact, shuts down on 1/1."

The way that reads to me is that the station is closing, not that TNA have been kicked off the air.

It's no reflection on how good/bad TNA is.

Veritas

Reaction score
The way that reads to me is that the station is closing, not that TNA have been kicked off the air.

It's no reflection on how good/bad TNA is.

True and I do know that one show with decent ratings doesn't make a successful station but, still, they're a little over a month away from losing their TV deal and there are no discussions of a new station stepping in yet. I couldn't imagine WWE losing their TV like that. If they were losing a station they'd find a way onto a new one before the old one was done - see the SmackDown move to SyFy for example.

This is a prime example of the problems in the upper echelons of TNA - instead of trying to replace the deal in one of their strongest markets now, they seem content to just sit around and wait on....something. In just about every way except putting together an impressive roster, they're a failure as a company.

Airfixx

Reaction score
...But how much more of a lucrative prospect for a TV channel is WWE?

I live in the UK and can't think of any other channels that would be interested in TNA.

For a change I don't think this is something that TNA can be particularly criticised for.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Wish this said "TNA losing US TV Deal"

:(

chessarmy

Reaction score
They're probably just pissed that Douglas Williams is getting buried and Brutus and Wolfe don't even get on TV anymore.

I would be too, this is what happens, TNA

LOL so true