TNA Against All Odds PPV & VIP Live Notes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WrestlingSmarks News

Reaction score
Credit: Eric Sturrock and Pwinsider.com
TNA Against All Odds Off Air Notes & VIP Experience Notes

This was my first time at a TNA TV Show. I had only been to 4 TNA Live Events before in Poughkeepsie, NY. & Albany, NY.

I had ordered the TNA VIP Package for this weekend. The package never said where to meet or pick up the package, so going by the schedule of events I went to the Hard rock Caf where the pre- show party was scheduled to be and therE was a line outside of it. Three nice people checked you in and gave you a card to wear with a number of which you were to get into the Impact Zone. As I walked into the upstairs part of the Hard Rock, Jeff Hardy was already signing autographs and taking pictures with the fans. Jeff was really nice to all the fans. Jeff left and next came in was Jeff & Karen Jarrett, who sat outside on the balcony. Jeff & Karen were exceptionally nice to all the fans. I asked Jeff if TNA was going to sponsor Elliott or Hermie Sadler in any NASCAR events this year and he said he did not know yet. He also said Hermie was backstage tonight. After they left, Rob Van Dam took their place and signed and took pictures. RVD took time with every fan to make sure they had a good time. Matt Hardy & Rob Terry came in next. Matt was nice to everyone and so was Terry. So Cal Val was on the balcony with RVD taping something. We were all then led outside, where we stood for about 20 minutes, then led to outside of the Impact Zone.

They had everyone line up in one area. A lady took count on a click counter (like an umpire uses in baseball) as each person walked by her. Theme park guests and TNA fans who waited outside to get in lined up behind us. We stood in that line for about one hour. We all were let into the Impact Zone. All of the chair ringside seats where off limits as they had cards with people's names on them. I choose to sit opposite of the stage. I don't know if they do this on the other bleachers there but boy they squeeze you in like sardines. One of the stagehands had everyone squeeze in closer to each other to "get us all on TV". Then she squeezed more people in. That caused some people to be upset, saying she lied. A group behind me was cursing to each other saying they would never do this again and said it was stupid for them to go to this wrestling show. Really disappointing to see possible new TNA fans become non- fans so quickly. The seats were uncomfortable as you had your knees into the person in front of you's back and people behind you's knees in your back. That made it so there was not even a path in each row so you had to carefully walk out of your row as you accidentally kicked people and stepped on other's feet. Some fans were wondering what would happen if there was a fire and that nobody would be able to get out.

Jeremy Borash came out about 15 minutes before the show started and worked his magic and got all us fans going crazy. Borash, like on TNA live events, brought a lot of fun to everyone and to me was the most enjoyable part of the show. JB wanted to see which part of the crowd was the loudest. JB got the fans in the bleaches closest to the stage going with cheers. And then had us opposite of the stage cheer. The two sections of fans then went back and forth with cheers/boos and "You suck" chants. JB asked the fans in the section between the pi t(camera side) and my side (opposite stage) to cheer. They were not as loud as the previous and got "You suck too" chants from both sections. JB asked the pit to cheer and they were not as energetic as the first two sections. JB said they better cheer louder or he would switch them out with our section as the pit is very important to the show as they are the background. JB also said that some celebrities were at the show and pointed out a radio DJ called "Madcow" in the front row. The way TNA did this and how they do their live events is something special, something that makes the show so much more enjoyable and remember able. No wrestling company shows love to their fans like this in my eyes.