• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TNA 2015: Before the Ship Sinks

Joey Bananas

Reaction score
TNA Impact
February 13, 2015

Tonight's episode of Impact kicks off with Jessie Godderz sitting on a chair in the middle of the ring not looking pleased. He has a microphone in hand and says that he attacked Robbie E last week for one reason and one reason only, he was sick and tired of being saddled with a loser. He stands up from the chair and encourages everyone to look at him, to look at how chiseled he is. He says that no one in the wrestling industry can hold a candle to his physique. He calls himself Mr. Pectacular and says that he is like a chiseled statue. He says that the world is going to know the name Jessie Godderz and that they will always remember where they were when he took over.

Following a short commercial, Nigel McGuinness announces that next week, Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe will take part in 2 "Pick Your Poison" matches where they will pick one another's opponents. He says that they have until the end of the night to select or it will be selected for them!

Homicide and Chavo Guerrero defeated Mark Andrews and Rockstar Spud via pinfall (5:36): A solid tag team opener here that saw some fast-paced action between the two teams. In the end, Homicide and Guerrero used their experience to their advantage and Guerrero hit the Frog Splash on Andrews to get the pinfall.

Cameras show The Beat Down Clan backstage watching on a monitor. MVP says that those two stand no chance against the greatest tag team in TNA history even if they cash in unexpectedly.

Jeremy Borash catches up with Samoa Joe and asks him if he has put any thought into Bobby Roode's opponent for next week and Joe answers by saying that he knows exactly who Roode will be facing and it is...The Great Sanada!

The Chris Melendez video package is aired once again.

Nick Aldis defeated Matt Hardy via pinfall (9:47): A great match here between two of the mid-card's finest wrestlers. Hardy fought his hardest and had many opportunities for victory but in the end, Hardy seemingly gave up, allowing Aldis to hit him with the Spineshaker for the pinfall victory.

Following the match, Nick Aldis exits the ring and Matt Hardy sits in the center before screaming for his brother Jeff, asking where he is and why he won't show his face anywhere.

Mickie James is seen walking through the backstage area when she is assaulted from behind by Awesome Kong! Kong throws her around like a rag doll as she tries to fight back, and security is forced onto the scene once again and they struggle to pull Kong off but eventually are able to.

Tigre Uno defeated Zema Ion via pinfall (7:27): An excellent example of the X Division as both men flew around the ring with neither seeming to get the upperhand in the matchup and it was not clear who would come out on top until Uno got the advantage and the pinfall victory with the Sabretooth Splash.

Following the match, Nigel McGuinness is shown on the tron and he says that in 2 weeks' time, Low Ki will be defending his X Division Championship in the first ever X Division Invitational. McGuinness explains that that anyone that qualifies for the X Division in the entire world will be eligible to compete but that it will be limited to 15 competitors to ensure that the match does not go on for eternity. He explains that the first individual to score a pinfall will become the X Division Champion and that Low Ki does not have to be involved in the decision to lose his title.

Bobby Roode is backstage and he announces that Samoa Joe's opponent next week will be none other than.... Austin Aries!

Abyss defeated James Storm via pinfall in a Monsters' Ball Match (17:29): A very brutal match that quickly led to Storm and Abyss both being busted open. The two threw weapons at each other and it was clear that the two had intense animosity towards one another. The ending came when Abyss poured thumbtacks on a table and put Storm threw it with a Black Hole Slam to get the pinfall victory.

After the match, the lights dimmed in the arena and a man with a black hood over his head walks out onto the stage. Nobody is sure who it is as he slowly makes his way down the ramp with Abyss watching on. The man enters the ring, still not revealing his identity and stands face to face with Abyss. Abyss goes to attack him, but he puts his hand up and Abyss stops in his tracks. The hooded figure puts his hand in the air and the lights go out completely plunging the arena into darkness. Moments later, the lights come back on and the hooded figure is gone but Abyss is laid out on the mat with a black rose on his chest.

Deco90

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Hey dude, just got caught up with your shows and I think you've made a nice start.

I really like the choices of bringing Nigel McGuiness in as the authority figure. I did think maybe would have made more sense to go with his Impact name, Desmond Wolfe - Considering he has previous with the company.

As for name changes, another outcome I like was having Magnus announce he's going by Nick Aldis. Just feels more credible instantly.

The vignettes and the stuff that happened with Abyss has me intrigued.

The Great Muta passing the torch to Sanada was a nice touch as well - I liked that.

No real complaints on anything at the moment. Only thing that hasn't landed for me so far is the Matt Hardy stuff. I sense this is going to lead to Willow returning. Maybe? But It just feels like Matt Hardy went into a little bit of a panic mode early like his brother was abducted or something - unless I missed something, and he was? Haha!

Anyway, enjoying it man! Keep it up! :)

Reactions: Joey Bananas