Time to Tap!: WWE NXT August 9th Review.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Pre-Show: So, WWE started putting up full episodes of Smackdown and NXT on Youtube, so I'm going to start watching them, and reviewing them. Now, NXT was a show I really enjoyed. During season 1 and 2 I was more excited to see NXT then I was Raw or Smackdown. Since then...things have go downhill for the show. BUT, I'm going to give it another chance, and I hope they get another season, with fresh new FCW talent, and I will watch that. But lets get to the review.

Opening Segment:

We start with our host Matt Striker in the ring, announcing an egg race? I remember when these challenges were actually entertaining, and well, challenging. But out comes D-Young with his terrible voice to stop him. He questions who Striker thinks he is. Young said Striker couldn't make it as a superstar, so now hes just a host. Oh ouch. Striker says Young won't win NXT because he lives for the past, not the future. (Oh, little side not here, I love William Regal on commentating. Brilliant move) Young says hes right, then clocks him in the mouth, and challenges him to a match tonight. I haven't seen Striker in the ring in a while, so I'm excited. I know he wrestled last week, but I missed it.

Conclusion:

I liked it, actually got me excited to see the rest of the show. So, good opening promo.

Tyson Kidd vs. Justin Gabriel

Pre-Match:

So this match was announced, and I instantly was happy. These two are two great talents, and having them face off on NXT can really show what they have. Before the match Tyson cuts a promo...and the wording was alright, but I'm not really feeling him.

Match:

Lot of chain wrestling to start it. There was a sloppy botch towards the beginning, and led to an awkward pause, but they played it off nicely, and I think the common fan would easily forget about it. Some nice spots between the two. Justin tried for a moonsault, and Tyson did a nice counter by kicking the ropes, and Justin took a hard bump. The end came with an STO into a 450 by Justin Gabriel.

Winner: Justin Gabriel

Conclusion: I really liked it. There we're some sketchy spots, but they covered them well enough. Both had a good showing in a good match. Exactly the style I like. Good job to both of them.

2.5/5

Matt Striker vs. Darren Young

Pre-Match: Oh yeah, can't wait to see if Striker can still hang. I like how Striker used his old theme.

Match:

So Striker starts off strong, but Young quickly takes control. He dominates Striker for the most part. There's a scary part in the beginning where Young almost screws up a belly to belly suplex and Striker just about lands on his head. He nicked it, but still could have been a lot worse. Really risky move. I don't know what hit Striker, but hes got a lot of blood coming out of his..mouth? Looks like his nose too. Out of nowhere though, Striker hits a perfect Gory bomb, which impressed me. Striker does come back at the end, and pulls off some good moves, but in the end, Young hits THE WORSE Firemen's Carry gut buster I have ever seen for the pin.

Winner: Darren Young

Conclusion: Really nothing here to review. Young didn't impress me, and Striker showed ring rust. Short match, but it was nice to see Striker in a match again.

1.5/5

Derrick Bateman vs. Titus O'Neil

Pre-Match: The Epic CM Punk vs. John Cena Promo aired again. A great video package. I was a fan of Bateman in the previous seasons. And how did Titus get so popular on this show? He was shit on his season. Oh, and how the HELL did Hornswoggle get AJ?! Why? Because god hates me.

Match: I'm not even going to review it. Bateman did everything right. But Titus is just plain terrible. I don't get it.

Winner: Titus O'Neil

Conclusion: The fact that Titus is still on this show sickens me. He managed to screw up like a 5 minute match. Even Bateman couldn't save this match. Best part was being able to see AJ at ringside...ah..AJ...

Post Show: Well, started off with a strong match, but then went down hill really. Gabriel and Kidd we're the Highlights of the Night. Striker and Darren Young put on a watchable performance, and Bateman and Titus looked all screwed up. Had nothing to it.

Stars of the Night:
1. Justin Gabriel
2. Tyson Kidd
3. William Regal

Worst of the Night:
1. Titus O'Neil
2. Darren Young
3. Hornswoggle

Over all: The one match with Justin and Kidd just couldn't get over enough.

4/10

Thanks for reading Time to Tap, and please remember to leave a comment below!​

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Nice review, glad someone else is doing them too.

Should do Superstars too

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good review Tapout, shame that with NXT there isn't that much to review. I caught part of NXT this week and thought that Kidd vs. Gabriel was good and the crowd were into it for part of it. I wouldn't mind seeing this turn into a proper feud on Smackdown. Striker hasn't lost it in the ring and I wouldn't mind seeing him wrestle again if they aren't going to use him as a commentator. I don't really think any of these guys are going to become huge stars in WWE and I hope that we find out about when this will end to find out the winner.