Time to Tap! WWE NXT August 16th Review.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Pre-Show: So after last weeks show, which featured a good match from Justin Gabriel, and Tyson Kidd, and the In-Ring Singles return of Matt Striker, I can say that I expect at least an entertaining 50 minutes here. With Darren Young showing that he thinks NXT is stupid, I want to see what he does this week. And I can't wait to hear William Regal behind the desk again. This is Time to Tap! WWE NXT, August 16th!

Opening: So we start off with Hornswoggle's MANLY music bringing out Titus O'Neil. If that wasn't bad enough of already to see Titus, now I have to watch AJ and Hornswoggle hold hands. I died a little inside. Hornswoggle proposes to AJ with a RING POP. Seriously, this is too stupid to make up. Titus tries his hand at the mic, and I start falling asleep. AJ gets a mic, and I suddenly wake up again. Everything she says to Hornswoggle, I just believe that she is talking to me. And thank Holy God, her comes my hero Derrick Bateman to stop this crap fest. Bateman owns on the mic. Funny segment from Bateman, as he just saved that load of crap. Even William Regal agrees with me. Titus chases him off. Back in the ring, AJ gets attack by some random chick, who thanks to Todd, I know as Maxine, from the Divas NXT....wait, who? Must not be good if I can't remember her. Weird segment.

Tyson Kidd vs. JTG

Pre-Match: God I hope Kidd wins this. He is a THOUSAND times better then JTG.

Match: Okay, so we start of JTG getting some offence in. He gets a spinning neck breaker, and a high knee to Kidd, which he sells like a pro. Tyson comes back from there, locking on a single legged Boston crap. JTG kicks out of it, and tries for a come back but Tyson literally trips JTG, and he faceplants! I laughed. Kidd locks on the Single legged Boston crap again, and JTG can't get to the ropes. He taps out.

Winner:Tyson Kidd

Conclusion: So I didn't see that end coming, but I'm glad they kept it short. Tyson Kidd is hands down the star to watch. Every week he improves, and is quickly becoming one of my favorites, and the best WWE has to offer. After the match a weird Japanese Symbol, and music plays as Tyson Watches his back. That was weird, but I'm calling it to be the debut of Rick Victor. Who was also trained in the Dungeon, and had a Rivalry with Tyson Kidd. According to FCW.

2/5

-Backstage we are treated to an good promo from Matt Striker. I must say, he has always been good on the mic. Darren Young vs. Matt Striker is up next!

Darren Young vs. Matt Striker

Pre-Match: So their match last week was kind of sloppy, seeing as Striker was still rusty in the ring, but to say the least, I want to see what they can do again.

Match: Matt Striker looked a lot better in this match. Before I say anything, I will say the match had great story because Matt is a master of that. Kind of a lost art in wrestling today. It went back and forth, with Matt getting in a lot more offense this time around. Matt pulled off a lot of nice moves, including a sweet armbar, and even doing the Back Cracker (Shades of Carlito). He goes for a roll up, but Darren some how counters it into his Fireman's Carry Gut buster. So props to him. And he did it a lot better this week then last week. He gets the pin.

Winner: Darren Young

Conclusion: This match was much better then their's last week. I was actually getting into it, and enjoying the counters, and near falls. Very nice job to the both of them.

2.5/5

In Ring Promo with Derrick Bateman and Maxine

It turns out at Bateman and Maxine are Soul Mates. Smell the Ratings! She says they're just getting started. Bateman is in action next!

Derrick Bateman vs. Titus O'Neil

Pre-Match: So they bored me last week, so I hope they pick it up some this week...lets find out!

Match: And the match still bored me. Titus acted as if he didn't know how to work out of the corners, and dominated most of the match, which is a very bad thing. Can someone please tell me why the crowd is behind him? I've never seen anything in him. Bateman wins with a roll up on Titus. Titus was distracted by Maxine.

Winner: Derrick Bateman

Conclusion: Maybe having Maxine back won't be so bad because Bateman may get over good as a heel for this. It's always good to have a good manager. And commentating was awesome. I suggest watching the match just to hear the story about William Regal's run away tortoise.

1.5/5

And in a really stupid move, they end the show....by re-showing the Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio match from last night? Okay...you mean we couldn't put in two mid carders? People that never get shown. What a dumb move, I mean, that match wasn't even anything too special. If it was like, Rey's last match, or something to that extent, I'd understand, but I just don't get it...

Post Show: Really this show failed compared to last weeks. Maxine returning, and helping Bateman is okay. Tyson Kidd still impresses me. Titus O'Neil makes me want to stop watching NXT, and Matt Striker and Darren Young had match of the night. Really, that's all. Leaving us with a....

3.5/10

Stars of the Night:
1. Tyson Kidd (Second Week in a Row)
2. Matt Striker
3. Darren Young

Worst of the Night:
1. Titus O'Neil
2. Hornswoggle
3. JTG

Thanks for reading! Time to Tap will come back to you for Superstars! Please leave a comment below.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Great work yet again. Your reviews are actually getting me more interested in NXT. This show was missing some quality wrestling and the storylines surrounding NXT are just so strange.

AJ and Hornswoggle I don't get at all and it is too cartoony for my liking although I like the fact that it gives AJ more screen time. Maxine returning is odd, I didn't think much of her on NXT and I had hoped she would be released. Now that I am thinking of NXT Divas returning has Aksana made more than once appearance on Smackdown since her return the other week?

The First match was short and I didn't actually think it would finish how it did, I thought that he would get to the ropes and that it would continue. The Japanese symbol after the match I have no idea who it could be for and my only idea is Yoshi Tatsu but that wouldn't make sense.

Striker did look better this week, just needs to wrestle more regularly to get back into the groove of things. Really don't like Darren Young's finisher, it doesn't look like a finishing move in my opinion.

Mainevent didn't do much for me either. Once again no mention of another elimination date.

They always replay the top segment from RAW this week and the Mysterio vs. Del Rio match was for the WWE title so it was pretty big.