The Undertaker's Wrestlemania Opponent

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
They have to go all out. Their two biggest draws. Taker. Cena. This year's Mania has to be loaded to get back their numbers. Cena/Taker will do just that.

Sheamus will be doing the blowoff to the Triple H feud. They've been building that up slowly and perfectly.
Miz will be getting a title shot somewhere, they've been slowly cooking that awesomeness up. Probably against Orton.
Jericho will probably be back around this time, he'll be paired up with someone awesome, maybe Punk.
As for Barrett, I can see him winning the Rumble and going to SD to battle whomever their champ is, probably Edge.

Cena/Taker- Steak vs. Heel franchise
Edge/Barrett -WHC match
Jericho/Punk- just awesome in every way imaginable
Miz/Orton- WWE title match
Sheamus/HHH gimmick match

That's a fucking stacked card right there and everything makes sense too. Toss in some awesome multi-person matches for the mid level titles to replace the MITB, some diva garbage and a solid tag match and you've got a very awesome Wrestlemania. Last years was solid, but I just don't think they had that BIG match that Mania needs to draw. Everyone had seen Batista/Cena before and HBK/Taker, despite the stips, was still predictable, but freaking awesome nonetheless.

Probably do:
US title 3 way
IC Title 3 way
Nexus vs Team WWE 8 man tag
diva garbage
Tag title match

And one of those matches can be like the lead in match for the free 30 mins they're on before the show actually starts. Top that off with 5 top notch main event caliber singles matches and you have a helluva card.

CMS

Reaction score
I have to disagree with your last statement about last Mania. We had seen Batista vs Cena before, but it was 360 degrees different than what we got for Mania. Their Summerslam build up was a joke (they had the audacity to hype the match as "no hype needed") besides the fact that Batista probably lead us throught the build up with perhaps the best mic work in quite some time. The only thing bad about the match was that Batista made such a good work presenting himself as the big villain and Cena as the goody good underdog that it was obvious how the match was going to end it, but I can say Batista vs Cena was a bigger draw than anything WWE could put right now.

HBK vs Taker was just legendary. Seriously, it gets no bigger than that at Wrestlemania. Imma go out on a limb and say that no other match since Rock vs Stone Cold WM19 has captured what a Mania match is supposed to be quite like this one did, and every day HBK stays away from WWE, the match's legacy gets bigger.

Anyways, I don't know what WWE will do for Mania, but they certainly have tons of options. I have said it before, WWE doesn't like to do rematches for long running feuds at Wrestlemania, even if they do the most sense storyline wise, so I wouldn't expect HHH vs Sheamus nor Kane vs Taker for example.

Miz will be in the main event for sure, altough against who and for which brand really depends on what they do for John Cena.

In fact, this entire event depends on what John Cena will be doing. John Cena vs Randy Orton, in a face vs face megaclash is still an option, even if they decided to waste their first face vs face encounter now on Raw. If they do this, Miz will find himself in the midcard or challenging Edge on the SD side, who I have no doubt will enter Mania as the champion.

If they turn Cena heel, or even if they don't, they have him face Taker, I think we will see Miz actually DEFENDING the WWE Championship against Randy Orton.

HHH is another interrogant. He can easly sneak his way back into a title match. HHH vs Edge is always an option, and is one of the few one time only matches WWE still has. He could be facing Wade Barret in another undercard match, he could take Taker.

Y2J could as well be thrown in a title match. He could be back and get revenge on Orton. They could give us Miz vs Y2J in a midcard match.

I don't know, I truly don't know, and I like it that way. We still need to factor in the WCW factor WWE might want to implement. It's Atlanta, so Goldberg might get a match. Batista might get his thumb out of his ass and get back for a payday (and I wouldnt get mad if he returns cutting the same level of awesome promos he was). In what might shock the world, Kurt Angle might finally give up on TNA.

I am only sure we won't be seeing long running feuds ending at Mania, on the line of Cena vs Barret, Sheamus vs HHH, Kane vs Taker. Experience tells us so.

Reaction score
^^^I was talking about those matches having been seen before hurting the numbers. Wasn't knocking the storylines behind them. I will always praise Taker/HBK, I thought it was better than the first one, it was epic, but I think the reason the numbers for Mania were down was because it was a headline match the previous year. And same thing with Batista/Cena, awesome build, but people had seen it before. In Wrestlemania history, they only big rematch that outdrew the first one was Austin/Rock at 17 because Rock was on par with Austin in 01 and was also a face. I wasn't knocking either of the matches or the booking, but the fact that people had seen these matches before and the lack of a third truly strong match, Wrestlemania's numbers were down.

Putting basically the company's biggest star against Wrestlemania's annual gimmick-storyline in Taker's streak is a must watch, big ticket match and is quite literally the WWE's only truly bankable match. Since Flair's retirement match, Mania has been lacking that big money matchup. Think about it, Hogan-Andre, Hogan-Warrior, Hogan-Savage, Rock-Austin three times, Taker-Cena will be right up there. They need a knock out card, because honestly, this past year withstanding, the past 5 manias haven't been as stacked as they should be.

Montana

Reaction score
Looks like taker is out 4-6 months with an injury, which means he might not even be wrestling at WM 27. At this point, Undertaker has to be considering retirement.

...god...

Reaction score
Lol, Undertaker will wrestle at Wrestlemania, trust me. Even if Vince has to roll him there in a wheelchair. I also doubt he's even out with an injury and if he is, it must not be very serious.

Jay

Reaction score
Wade Barrett facing the Undertaker would make perfect sense. Barrett's group of minion screwed with the Undertaker, now its time for Taker to screw em back. i can see it, and i like it. I think Barrett would be the best choice for Undertaker at this point. There are only two other options, Kane and Bearer. Both we wont see. I highly doubt they would give Taker/Kane III for Mania.

Barrett is the only choice at this point. Which isnt bad.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^You said TWO other options..... You're not seriously suggesting Taker VS Bearer 1-on-1 @ WM are you?

Looks like taker is out 4-6 months with an injury, which means he might not even be wrestling at WM 27. At this point, Undertaker has to be considering retirement.

If that is the case, then yet A-G-A-I-N Taker comes back too soon and fucks SD up as a result.

...And to be perfectly honest, I'm sick of that shit.

... said:
Lol, Undertaker will wrestle at Wrestlemania, trust me. Even if Vince has to roll him there in a wheelchair

Sad but true.

Cole said:
Barrett is the only choice at this point. Which isnt bad.

It IS for Barret.

He'd get crushed by Taker and add to that the inevitable revenge of Cena (*) and he'll be left not worth shit.

(*Which I don't think he will, yet, if he's not the one facing Taker @ WM27.)

Jay

Reaction score
@Air, didnt you read the article?

Undertaker even taking the time to face you at Mania is like winning the title at Mania. Specially for someone who hasnt been in the company for a full year. So i Do not think it will Hurt him. Now, the Cena revenge deal still wont hurt him, but thats a different topic.

CMS

Reaction score
Lol, no. Under that notion, Mark Henry won the belt, uggh.

Tbh, even if I love HBK, I am starting to hate the effect he created on the Streak. Prior to the classics Taker put with HBK, the streak was a big deal indeed, but not as big as people are making it to be now and certainly not as WWE is making it to be being that desperate to have Taker at Mania. Before HBK, he had two title matches. Batista's build up had NOTHING to do with the streak, and Edge's build up, while it did included the streak, was always more of the belt.

Let's not go before that, because before that Taker had nothing more than midcard matches, including his lower midcard match against Mark Henry, or his lower, lower, lower midcard match against A-Train and Big Show.

But enter HBK, delivers two great matches, and bam, suddenly the Streak is the selling point of the entire Wrestlemania and Taker even bothering to pin you is a priviledge.

Airfixx

Reaction score
@Air, didnt you read the article?

What article?

Undertaker even taking the time to face you at Mania is like winning the title at Mania. Specially for someone who hasnt been in the company for a full year.

Outside of kayfaybe, maybe, but this really has no bearing on the points I made....