The Oliver Experience: Should Jeff Hardy be forgiven?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Hello Wrestlingsmarks been a long time huh? Well the thing is college is loads of work so much that I even have cut down on doing a lot of fun stuff. I still been doing youtube videos at 696 subscribers so pretty happy so far since started. Now if you all remember a while back early on this forum. I made a column talking about Jeff Hardy. Basically summarizing his career and talking about his mistakes.

Last week on impact Jeff Hardy came out and asked for an apology. Now my questions is should Jeff Hardy be forgiven? We all know the Hardy family is not the smartest group look at Matt and through out my bashing I guess you could say in my last column on Hardy I bet you will all be surprised in what I am going to say. I am going to say yes. Why yes you ask? Here is why.

When I was bashing Jeff Hardy all around I was bashing him as a person, but not realizing how exciting he was as an entertainer. Yes Hardy I know is a spot monkey but none the less he has entertained each and one of us with his dangerous high risked moves and made us care about his character.

Not only that the Jeff Hardy wrestling character can relate to many fans here. I mean really if you think about it how many of your friends know your a wrestling fan? I know it is not the case for most but for some wrestling is not cool to talk about. People will bash you. Hardy's character in wrestling is a social reject and many of us whether we will admit it or not are social rejects. Not dissing wrestling fans as a whole just kind of saying there are people who are social rejects who watch wrestling and that is what made people care about the Hardy character. It feels like he was doing all this stuff for them, and making them believe in this guy.

Now besides all that the other reason why I give Jeff Hardy my forgiveness is just how hot this guy is with any crowd. Yeah 10 percent mostly aimed at the IWC may not like Hardy all that much. The dude though is hot with all the casuals sure he gets over by doing flips but think of all the guys who are high flyers today i.e Rey Mysterio,John Morrison, Justin Gabriel, Mistico and the list can go on who did the stuff Hardy did? Hardy risked his body by jumping off a scaffold, ladders, trucks you name it. So to me if Hardy does stay clean and takes his 30 month probation seriously consider him forgiven. Sure he has not served a day yet but for some reason I think we will see a new Jeff Hardy.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see you back again Chase.

Jeff Hardy is an interesting topic and in my opinion I don't think he should be forgiven yet. He has to prove that he is actually sorry for he past actions and he needs to do the punishment. If he gets through the entire punishment, including the probation time, clean then I will think about forgiving him. He committed a big crime and I can't believe that he did that as a father to a baby. He needs to mature and take more responsibility to ensure that he is there for his child. He also has a lot to make up to wrestling fans for the condition he showed up in for a PPV mainevent that fans paid money for.

So in my mind he still has a lot to do before I can forgive him. My tip to him would be stay away from your brother Matt as he is trouble.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Matthew Hardy is trouble. He is just one of those guys that is a bad influence too him and that is why Jeff is like that.

Chris Dresdon

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
696 subscribers, that's very impressive. I'm nowhere near that on any of the channels I contribute to. YouTube aside, it's good to see you back writing, "The Oliver Experience", even if it doesn't become a regular thing. You raise a good question here and I my thoughts on the matter are this. Who am I to judge Jeff Hardy and say whether or not he should be forgiven, that is God's job. However, the reach to which I am able to have an opinion within my human limitations are Jeff deserves another chance to prove he's finally cleaned up his act once and for all.

As for your statement that Matt is a bad influence, that's something I never considered before, and something I will agree is a possibility. Great article, Chase.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I would say that Matt and Jeff are bad influences on each other. Both are trouble and really need to stay seperate from each other. Each have had their own issues with Matt really having a lot of issues in the past year or two compared to Jeff's which have been going on for many years.