'The Muppets' Sequel: Jason Segel Confirms He Won't Write Or Star In The Film

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
As previously reported, Jason Segel will not be returning to the second iteration of "The Muppets." After rescuing the puppets from cultural irrelevance, the actor said that his schedule is just too packed for a second go.

However, Segel is leaving the franchise in the hands of fellow enlightened Muppets revampers, screenwriter Nicholas Stoller and director James Bobin. While doing press for his upcoming couch potato film, "Jeff, Who Lives at Home," the star confirmed that he is not writing nor starring in the next film.

“It’s true but it’s totally amicable," the star told Collider. "My goal was to bring 'The Muppets' back and I did that leaving them in very good hands... I did what I set out to do, and now I wanna pursue more human-related projects (laughs).â€￾

And human-related he shall get! Segel is focusing on his comedy series, "How I Met Your Mother" and his upcoming films, including "The Five-Year Engagement" alongside Emily Blunt.

And, just to soften the blow, Segel winked at the possibility of a "Muppets" cameo, "I’m sure I’ll return in some capacity here and there."

So a sequel is started without the writer or one of the stars. That is not a sequel. They should just write a whole new story.

Castiel

Reaction score
That's weird, I figured the movie did well and he'd love to go back again. I'm yet to see it but it looks fun, hopefully he does make some sort of cameo in the sequel. With it being The Muppets it's easy for this to work with Segal though.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I haven't seen it yet. I would love to see some more raunchy comedies from him though since he is good at writing those and I find him pretty hilarious in those roles.