The John Report: Monday Night Raw 14/2/11 Review~!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Untitled-5.png

The John Report: Monday Night Raw 14/2/11 Review~!

WWERaw-1.png

After watching Cena on the mic, then watching The Rock, it was plain to see that everyone in the entire WWE is inferior to the Rock on the Microphone. I was interested at how Rock teased a match against Cena, but let’s look at the facts. Rock is not going to wrestle. The only confrontation he and Cena shall have is on the Mic, and I honestly do not have any issues with that. I would rather Rock destroy Cena through his vocal skills, other than wrestling him. I loved how the GM chimed in, causing Cole to stand up and proclaim that he is wondering whether he “Can I have your attention, please!â€. I liked how Cole backed off against Rock, but also talked back to Rock. A Fine Segment.

The line saying “There must be a winner†was an instant turn-off. The last time WWE used that sell-line was during the Miz/Edge match, ending with Cena interrupting the match, causing Edge to defeat the distracted Miz. Lame. The whole “I’ve had a crap year, I need this WM moment!†really gave the Elimination Chamber match some purpose as, fans of Cena, can watch and hope that Cena wins as this would be a perfect reward for Cena, after such a bad year. I’m not a fan of these types of storylines, where the face is hoping for a WrestleMania moment (I can argue that Cena has had many of them in the past, and shouldn’t be so gloryhogging), and it would be nice to see someone else challenge The Miz. I loved the idea of someone being under the ring, passing equipment to Punk. It seemed unique, and one of those ideas that hasn’t been used in WWE as-of-late. I was also glad that Punk performed a move before pinning Cena. The only thing is that it demeaned Punk as a heel, as “Everyone now knows that Punk cannot win without Cena†which automatically makes Punk not look like a credible main eventer. Sure, it’s showing how clever Punk is but there is a way to do that without making Punk look weak. I would be happy if this built to Punk v Cena and CM actually wins clean, but it won’t.

Nice statistic from Cole; Alberto’s car costs as much as Josh earns in 5 years. Really gave us another reason to despise this cocky arrogant malicious show-off. A small thing, but I thought that WWE should have aired a quick recap of what happened on SmackDown this past week earlier than when they did. I know, and the majority of people know but for those fans that don’t, it was left up to Cole’s description for them to get a picture of what happened. Listening to Vickie is like listening to D-Von calling Bubba a son of a bitch (Which, basically means that he’s calling his Mum a bitch.. That makes sense~!). It seems as though Ziggler will be Champ for 2 days, and then lose to either Rey or Edge. Vickie said that she’s got proof that Edge attacked Long, then laughed and left. I guess that we need to wait for Smackdown to hear this news. Definitely shall be interesting to hear what her proof is, but it obviously won’t turn out that Edge was the guy who attacked him.

Loved how Josh and Cole were bickering while the Divas title match was transpiring. Sooo funny. An amazing move by Eve where she actually sat on the legs of Natalya. Once Eve jumped on the heel divas, you could hear them all ask “Are you ok†to Maryse and she responded by grabbing her head. Cole and Josh laughed so hard at the questioning, and I giggled too. A funny JR reference with Cole saying he has a big head. A joke of a match, and I’m fine with that! A great few minutes of laughing and joking around with Cole, concluding with a botch move by Eve, and her winning the match. Couldn’t care less.

We got another look at the Chaperone. Yay!

Earlier in the broadcast, Josh was questioned, by Cole, about why he ran down and asked Sheamus his thoughts on Henry. This week, as Henry was walking down to the ring, Sheamus attacked him. No clue who his opponents were, Usos or Ryder most likely, but I’ve no problem with this segment. Sheamus looked strong, as he should do.

A great match between Miz and Danielson. I liked how Danielson was pushed into a match with Miz, but I disliked how the commentators called his matches “Boring†and commented on how Bryan’s style is slow, which must instantly make him boring. A Holy Sh*t moment occurred when Danielson was dropped on his back, on the ring apron. I like how they gave Danielson several near-falls, as it really pushed Bryan into the league of people that can “Go†with the WWE Champion (Albeit, it is the Miz.. But, still..).I disliked The Miz’s promo, basically saying that he hopes Lawler isn’t going to use his mother’s death as an excuse.. Just came off as a true twat, and such a needless thing to do after Cole has been insulting Lawler all night. Needless. Absolutely ridiculous.

Earlier in the show, we were told that it would be Truth v Morrison, but the Raw GM apparently has changed that. I’m actually quite shocked that Truth won, especially after last week. I’m not a big fan of R-Truth, mostly because his gimmick is the same ramblings over and over and all he does is scream “What’s up?â€. I despise him. WWE plugged Jericho’s book. Speaking of Jericho, I listened to his interview with Bryan Alvarez from Observer Radio and he said that he is a WWE guy, and would only wrestle for WWE – He said his contract is 99.9% sorted, but has been that way since October. I wouldn’t be surprised if he returns, for one match at Mania.

I kinda figured that someone didn’t tell that little girl that HHH was injured, and hadn’t returned yet. The girl then brought out Khali to do the Kiss Cam. Yay, more goofyness on this show! “He’s huge, he’s great!†screamed the girl as Cole remarked that she’s screaming for no reason and she doesn’t reach Khalis belly-button. Cole then referenced Runjin Singh’s jacket, and made fun of the fact he has his own jacket. A Riveting segment, but I honestly don’t mind this sort of funniness, especially considering Cole is there to be a heel all over it. The little girl kissed Hornswoggle, as he gave her a box of chocolates. She then dropped them as Cole and Josh s★★★★★★ed, along with me.

Another 2-21-11 promo aired. But, this time, we actually saw Undertaker (Or Shawn Michaels dressed up as him!) inside the house. The only thing is, this figure was inside the house and we also saw somebody outside the house, possibly insinuating that two people shall be returning next week (Either HHH and Taker, or Shawn and HHH as DX). Interesting stuff.

Personally, I am frustrated with the way WWE are treating Sheamus. I’m sick of him facing the same people; Orton, Morrison and Truth. He needs to move to SmackDown, so he can fight new stars and be pushed to the top. It’s like this for a lot of the current Raw main eventers (Sheamus, Orton, Cena and somewhat DiBiase) and they’re just bobbing around, facing the same guys, whilst not accomplishing much. Take last night’s bout as an example; he had to face Orton as, other than him, the only other face is Cena, and that would mean Orton v Punk which cannot happen until Mania.

Don’t get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with Sheamus v Orton last night, but it reeked of “Same Old Stuffâ€. Fans are chanting SOS – Same Old Stuff. I mean, Raw just seems to have the same old guys on there. It isn’t refreshing, whatsoever. Sure, Miz, Sheamus and Punk are young new stars but even they are just bobbing around facing the same guys.

Overall, I really liked this show. Alot of good wrestling, and some great promos (With the exclusion of Cenas). A great episode of Raw; possibly one of the best.
★★★★