The 'Indiana Jones' Series Set for Blu-ray Release This Fall

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Paramount Home Media Distribution and Lucasfilm Ltd. announced Wednesday that The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection will be released in the fall of 2012. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was released on Blu-ray following its theatrical release in 2008, so the announcement marks the first time that the original three films will make their debut in high definition.
our editor recommends
5 Questions With George Lucas: Controversial 'Star Wars' Changes, SOPA and 'Indiana Jones 5'
Steven Spielberg Proud of Fourth 'Indiana Jones' Movie Criticisms
'Transformer 3's' Shia LaBeouf Slammed by Harrison Ford for Criticizing 'Indiana Jones'

Paramount did not provide an official release date, but the press release indicated that the set would offer the films “using the highest possible high definition picture and audio presentation.†The 2003 box set included a feature-length documentary about the making of the first three films, as well as a collection of vintage featurettes “from the Lucasfilm Archives.†According to Wednesday’s announcement, the new set will be packaged with “a ‘best of’ collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes and a few new surprises.†Without additional details, there’s no indication whether “best of†means a cultivated selection of previously-available bonus features or some new assembly of extras, but Lucasfilm’s multiple iterations of the Star Wars films on home video suggests that the set may not be truly comprehensive.

Although director Steven Spielberg has declined to record audio commentaries for any of his films, fans would probably count that addition as the most welcome “surprise†should the studio convince him to record new audio tracks. But leave your comments below about which special features or extras you would like to see – whether they already exist or not – and perhaps Paramount and Lucasfilm can add them before the set is released this fall.

It's about freaking time. We can just throw Crystal Skulls in the trash can.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I doubt Spielberg will do commentaries for them, he hasn't done one for any of his films. He's probably waiting until he retires so he can re-release all of his films again and this time include commentaries, just to milk every last dollar out of his fans.

Alternately he may just not like to give his secrets or feelings away, which I can respect. Making a film is probably an intensely personal experience and not everyone would want to share those memories with everyone.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I doubt Spielberg will do commentaries for them, he hasn't done one for any of his films. He's probably waiting until he retires so he can re-release all of his films again and this time include commentaries, just to milk every last dollar out of his fans.

Alternately he may just not like to give his secrets or feelings away, which I can respect. Making a film is probably an intensely personal experience and not everyone would want to share those memories with everyone.

Or he is a pretentious dick that doesn't want to talk because he thinks he is better than everyone else alive.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Or he is a pretentious dick that doesn't want to talk because he thinks he is better than everyone else alive.

You're confusing Spielberg with Lucas now. Though Lucas did at least record commentaries. To be honest, I doubt a guy like Hitchcock would have recorded commentaries either. To him, films were like magic tricks, and to talk about everything that went on behind the scenes would be like giving the trick away. I think Spielberg is the same way. It used to bug me, particularly because I want to hear his thoughts on the making of Jaws and Duel, but I've gotten over it.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
You're confusing Spielberg with Lucas now. Though Lucas did at least record commentaries. To be honest, I doubt a guy like Hitchcock would have recorded commentaries either. To him, films were like magic tricks, and to talk about everything that went on behind the scenes would be like giving the trick away. I think Spielberg is the same way. It used to bug me, particularly because I want to hear his thoughts on the making of Jaws and Duel, but I've gotten over it.

I like Spielberg but still think that he feels that he is above everyone else in the industry even Lucas. Just a feeling I get when I see him on TV or something. He just rubs me the wrong way.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I like Spielberg but still think that he feels that he is above everyone else in the industry even Lucas. Just a feeling I get when I see him on TV or something. He just rubs me the wrong way.

He may feel he's above everyone else in the industry, but in all honesty he kind of is. As I mentioned in another thread, there is a certain level of ego involved in the film business, from actors and directors, so I don't let his bother me. After all, he's provided me with hours of entertainment so I can give him a pass...I guess.

Besides, I got all the laughs I needed at his expense when AI turned out to be a piece of shit. :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
He may feel he's above everyone else in the industry, but in all honesty he kind of is. As I mentioned in another thread, there is a certain level of ego involved in the film business, from actors and directors, so I don't let his bother me. After all, he's provided me with hours of entertainment so I can give him a pass...I guess.

Besides, I got all the laughs I needed at his expense when AI turned out to be a piece of shit. :lol:

He has had a few pieces of shit Crystal Skulls and AI pop up but that makes me happy. Even his show Terra Nova (I believe that is what its called) isn't or didn't do to well. So that makes me happy, but he has had his hits also Jaws, ET, Indy. So I give him that much.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Not to mention he had to pay Amy Irving like $75 million for their divorce, so he got a huge wallet hit too. Then again $75 million is probably nothing to him.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Not to mention he had to pay Amy Irving like $75 million for their divorce, so he got a huge wallet hit too. Then again $75 million is probably nothing to him.

that is like a Bill Gates weekend spending spree.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Eh, not big news for me. I was never a fan of the movies.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
At least I didn't tell you how I really felt about them. Needs more sparkly vampires.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
At least I didn't tell you how I really felt about them. Needs more sparkly vampires.

I will not respond to that coment. They are not real vampires anyways.

Damn it I did respond

Reactions: 1 person