The First Annual WrestlingSharts Awards: Nomination Phase

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I've been talking about it for a while, and it's finally here (with the blessing of OMB, who does the proper good awards). It's the thread that commemorates the worst of 2020, and we know there's been a lot of it. The WrestlingSharts Awards are finally here!

The Nomination Phase Format
Each voter will DM me with up to three ranked nominations.
You do not have to make three nominations in each category, but if you do, your first choice will be ranked higher.
I will assign points to the ranked nominations you make. If you made 3 nominations, they will receive 3, 2, and 1 points respectively. If you made only 1 nomination, it will receive 1 point. Think something similar the tournament nominations.
Afterwards, up to 5 nominations from each award, depending on what scored the most, will enter the Final Voting Phase.​

But what will you be voting on, you ask?

The Award Categories

Worst in the Ring: Male/Female

From walking Botchamania compilations to boring channel-changers, there are many reasons you might not want to see someone in the ring, but they're all valid for this award. This category has two awards, for the worst male and worst female, as terrible wrestling knows no gender. So please send in both male and female nomination sets.

Worst on the Mic: Male/Female
Captivating promo skills can save a wrestler from mediocrity, but lack of ability on the stick can doom even the best in-ring talent. Like Worst in the Ring, there is both a male and female award, so please send in both male and female nomination sets.

The Alliance as Bad as the WCW/ECW One Award
From tepid tag teams to shocking stables, to any other kind of underwhelming union, when two or more wrestlers get together, sometimes the result sucks.

The Randy Rosenbloom Award for Worst Commentator
What do you do when the voice calling the action is so unbearable that you can't enjoy the wrestling? Vote for them here, of course.

The Mike Shaw Memorial Award for Worst Gimmick
Dedicated to the man who brought legendary characters like Norman the Lunatic, Friar Ferguson, and Bastion Booger to life, this award is for a worker who's saddled with a cringeworthy character.

The Test/Wight Award for Worst Finisher
What wrestler had the most unbelievable finishing move this year? Could anything be worse than A Big Boot or A Punch? Probably not, but what comes close?

Most Overpushed
Whose booking is far above their actual ability?

The "Minus Five Stars" Worst Match Award
A sad fact of life: for every Savage/Steamboat, there's a thousand Morasca/Sharmells. Which match in 2020 would you consign to the history books of horribleness?

Worst Non-Wrestling Segment of the Year
The most important thing to say: sorry, the Lashley/Lana wedding was on December 31st, 2019, so it's outside the eligibility range. Again, sorry about that.

The Worst Feud Award, sponsored by Glenn Jacobs for Knox County Mayor
The storyline that made you wish every wrestling show was just random matches from now on, so nothing like this could happen again...

Worst TV Show of the Year
Sometimes, watching wrestling TV is great, and sometimes it makes you pine for the days of WCW Thunder. Which weekly failed to live up to your expectations this year?

Worst Major Show of the Year
Not every show can be a Wrestlemania X-Seven, but any show can be a Victory Road 2011. This is the award for a 2020 PPV/major show that you wouldn't watch again, even if you were paid for it.

The :cornette Award for Worst Company of the Year
The one company that has underperformed most across its entire product on this year. Not much to say on this one.

Sickening Business/Marketing Tactic of the Year
Whether it's basing your main event feud around murder and necrophilia, exploiting the death of a legend to sell merch or get heel heat, or partnering with a theocratic regime responsible for funding global terrorism... whatever makes you say "Fuck this company, I hope it dies" goes here. And given the kind of year 2020's been, this is going to be a very wide field.

Non-Kayfabe Piece of Shit of the Year
2020's been a real year for exposing people who are garbage behind the scenes, with #SpeakingOut as well as racial protests causing an outporing of unsolicited political views. Who in the wrestling world revealed themselves most as a terrible person this year?

Get your nominations in, because they close at:
MIDNIGHT GMT, DECEMBER 31st 2020/JANUARY 1st 2021

Last edited:
Reactions: Carter and Chris

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Can I ask for a courtesy reminder if I haven't sent any of these in towards the end of the year. I have lots of ideas.

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
I'll have to think of some stuff. Will try to submit soon

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Uh I’ll try tonight lol. I totally let this slip my mind so I’ll get what I can in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris

Carter

Capomandamento, Underboss, Consigliere, Three Captain's
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
7XxpBMv
Favorite Wrestler
pac
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Favorite Sports Team
FXYi6FH
Nice one sky, I'll contribute not back at work till 18th Jan now with us being on tier freakin four