The Defining Wrestling Moments of Your Childhood...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
We all remember watching wrestling as a kid (at least vaguely). Since we were discussing the streak in the LD and I mentioned how it was one of the big things I loved as a little kid, I thought I'd create a different thread relating to all the wrestling moments that really kept you hooked when you were a kid with constantly varying interests and a short attention span.

I don't want to hear things like "The Monday Night Wars". At least elaborate, and mention certain events you can remember and which you chose, etc, etc. I have several defining moments of my own.

1. The orginial nWo. I was watching Bash at The Beach 1996 as a little six year old... it was my earliest wrestling memory... and I remember perfectly the formation of the nWo. I remember watching Hogan come plowing down to ringside, with the fans chanting along, and then I remember the attack on Macho Man and Sting and all the hooplah and I got lost in the moment! When the nWo formed it was like an awakening for me and it was a sign that from then on, I'd be a wrestling fan. Thanks to this, I can't remember a time when I wasn't a wrestling fan.

2. ...and God created Mankind! I was so fucking into scary shit back when I was a kid. I think Mankind debuted in 1997 and I remember his evil vignettes airing like it was yesterday! I was about seven and I think after beginning to explore the world some more I was drifting, but Mankind's debut and subsequent feud with The Undertaker drew me back in immediately and kept me hooked to the wickedness!

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin's beer truck, and Kurt Angle's milk truck. I'll go ahead and bundle these two things because I also remember them near perfection. I could go ahead and say Stone Cold's entire career and feud with McMahon but in particular, this and the time he first stunned Vince put me over the top with him. This was also the point when Angle became my absolute favorite.

4. TLC I! It was actually my first live WWE PPV I had ordered. SummerSlam 2000. This was the match to end all matches to me. I was 9, or maybe 10 and all I could think about was big spots and huge action and this delivered. It may have left the big effect thanks to me seeing it live and just being off the wall with excitement due to the simple fact that it was a rare PPV that I got to watch! I've seen it at least 10 times since then and it never loses it's effect. It will forever be an all-time favorite!

So, shoot. What are the moments in wrestling that made you a mark as a kid?

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Wrestling wasn't big in my family but I have always loved it. The Saturday morning shows were always a good time to watch. That was the biggest thing to get me hooked. I didn't know much about territories but the WWE was always at the top for me and then later the NWA. After not watching wrestling for a long long time the Monday Night Wars and the formation of the nWo hooked me again for years.

Since then I have been off and on with my watching. I will go months at a time of being sick of it, then all of a sudden I start watching again. That is about as detailed as I can get.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The first wrestling event I ever watched was Wrestlemania I. That's how I got into wrestling. It was all pure coincidence. I was at a garage sale and I saw wrestlemania I. It looked cool even though I had no idea what it was. But I was only 5 so I bought it. When I saw hulk hogan I thought he was the coolest. So my favorite childhood memory of wrestling was watching the first wrestlemania when I was five and thinking how awesome Hulk Hogan was.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Read what Troy wrote and that's pretty much me.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
Watching wrestling on a Saturday Morning on Sky1 was mine. I would always have my parents videotape Pay Per Views for me!

I remember at the age of three I seen Dean Malenko and for some reason, he scared the shit into me. I never forgot that moment.

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
One memory that comes to mind however is the grocery store brawl between Steve Austin and Booker T. I couldn't believe that Austin was just whipping Booker around in a grocery store like it was nothing.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Watching wrestling on a Saturday Morning on Sky1 was mine. I would always have my parents videotape Pay Per Views for me!

Same here! 10/11 every Saturday morning! First full episode I watched saw Kurt Angle win his first title, The Rock & Cactus Jack vs. The New Age Outlaws and Kane vs. Triple H & X-Pac in a handicap match.

Earliest memory would be Hulk Hogan bleeding like a pig at the hands of Sgt. Slaughter. Yeah, can't remember Savage/Warrior or the Savage/Liz reunion but Hogan beating the odds stuck around.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
up in Northern Maine we had TBS so NWA/WCW was my Saturday Night staple. My Aunt loved Ric Flair so it was always on when I was visiting family. Dusty Rhodes was my favorite. Loved the Rock N Roll Express and many many others. When Saturday Night's Main Event was on I always made sure to watch it. And I would catch WWF once in a while but it was hard to find on my TV. But yeah. Wrestling was a major part of my life growing up and still love it to this day.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
up in Northern Maine we had TBS so NWA/WCW was my Saturday Night staple. My Aunt loved Ric Flair so it was always on when I was visiting family. Dusty Rhodes was my favorite. Loved the Rock N Roll Express and many many others. When Saturday Night's Main Event was on I always made sure to watch it. And I would catch WWF once in a while but it was hard to find on my TV. But yeah. Wrestling was a major part of my life growing up and still love it to this day.

I wish everyone was like this instead of letting "wrestling being fake" make them stop watching.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I wish everyone was like this instead of letting "wrestling being fake" make them stop watching.

This has happened with all of my friends bar one. Neither of us are willing to admit that we watch it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
This has happened with all of my friends bar one. Neither of us are willing to admit that we watch it.

I admit it to my friends. I get made fun of. Pfft screw them IDGAF. I love it and I always will.

Catfish Billy

Reaction score
I admit it to my friends. I get made fun of. Pfft screw them IDGAF. I love it and I always will.

Good for you, man. I always kept it inside during my teens.

I have a vague memory of watching Austin throwing the IC title off of a bridge too.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Good for you, man. I always kept it inside during my teens.

I have a vague memory of watching Austin throwing the IC title off of a bridge too.

I remember when Lita threw the wwe title into the long island sound and then edge brought the rated r belt. Then Cena threw edge into the LI sound. I laughed so hard