AMA "The Crimson Ghost" Aka Yurei

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
asuka-raw-return.jpg

赤 幽霊
Aka Yurei
"The Crimson Ghost"

Nickname:

The Crimson Ghost
クリムゾンゴースト
Kurimuzongōsuto

Height: 5' 5"

Weight: 127 lbs. (57.6 kg) [9.07 Stone]

Date of Birth: 09/20/1996 (Age 25)

Billed From: Seattle, Washington

Originally From: Yokohama, Japan

Face/Heel/Tweener: Face

Gimmick/Background:

What is there to say about the Crimson Ghost? At a young age, she was born into a poor family that struggled just to survive. Her father never truly loved her and abused her, and her mother resented all of her children. Stuck in a perpetual hell for years, Aka became despondent. A breaking point came when her elder brother Takeshi became involved in the Yakuza and died in a gang fight. At her wit's end, she ran away from home at the age of 15. She survived off the streets for nearly a year until she was finally taken in by a wrestling dojo. For Aka Yurei, wrestling was all she had. The people in the locker room, in the ring, in the crowd, that was the family that accepted her. Having a healthy outlet for her deep-seated personal issues, she used them to create her "Crimson Ghost" persona. As it grew in popularity, so too did her stock in the Japanese wrestling scene. As a Joshi wrestler, she was trained with a bevy of incredibly stiff strikes and technical moves. She combined this with her natural athleticism to incorporate some ground-based techniques as well and even a few high-flying maneuvers as a showcase. Having made enough money, she moved permanently from Japan to Seattle, Washington in 2017. Outside of wrestling, Aka is fluent in both Japanese and English (having an American father), graduated from the University of Washington in 2021 with a bachelor's degree in Business, and is a strong activist for mental health services everywhere.

5QWw7rI.png

[Aka Yurei's Look Circa 2012-2021]

kanasword.jpg

[Aka Yurei's Out-of-Ring Look Circa 2012-2021]

The "Crimson Ghost" at its surface may be a "spooky" character, but it is in fact a subversion of the trope. Her face paint is reminiscent of an angered ghost, looking to bring destruction and death in her wake. Her violent nature in the ring brings a certain aura of danger to the "Crimson Ghost" persona, as she strikes fast and hard against many of her enemies, looking to pick them apart and break bones. The character is in truth the culmination of all of the pent-up issues that resided within Aka Yurei. As such, the character is brooding, and melancholic, which serves as an outlet for her to deal with her personal issues. Aka once explained in a Japanese magazine that her character is meant to be her, "anger and rage at losing [her] youth, like an Onryō (vengeful spirit)...". Her entrances are a flamboyant affair, a waltz down to the ring with eccentric mannerisms and a manic grin, but when the bell ring, her demeanor shifts into all business. For her, hurting opponents is just a part of life when all she's known is pain herself. "The Crimson Ghost" Aka Yurei is a dangerous opponent, and regardless if she wins or loses, she will always come back for more; much like a zombie, she will always get back up.

Aka Yurei officially debuted in the US with the FWA in mid-2021, where she would immediately, and disappointingly begin a long losing streak. The biggest two moments of her career would be winning a Tag Team Title opportunity with Reagan Cole, against the juggernaut team of Golden Rock, both former (and even at the time current) FWA World Champions Randy Ramon and Devin Golden. Yurei and Cole were close to victory but were not to be, and Yurei went on hiatus from the FWA, with only one recorded win to her name. The most important thing to happen during this timespan was her re-discovering her passion for the business, after some time of believing that she did not belong; thanks to Humanity, she was able to confront her personal demons and come out a better person overall.

The next year, Aka Yurei would debut in AMA, interfering in a match between her mentor Brian Zewbowski, and Liberty Olivera Lawrenson. This would set up her first match, a tag match in the AMA Tag Title Tournament between her and Zewbowski vs. Tetsuo Ishii and Liberty, which was her first official win in either a general capacity. She has since returned to the FWA with a new attitude and a new look. This new look and attitude culminated in a staggering World Tag Team Championship victory alongside Reagan Cole, in which the two of them defeated Kayden Knox and Gabrielle at the 17th Anniversary Show.

Asuka-2-c412.jpg

[Aka Yurei's Current In-Ring Look]

WWE-Asuka-PC-gaming-setup.jpg

[Aka Yurei's Current Out-of-Ring Look]

Non-AMA accomplishments:

FWA World Tag Team Champion (w/ Reagan Cole)

AMA accomplishments:

N/A

AMA win-loss record, if you wish to keep one:

2-0-0-0

Style of wrestling (brawler, high flyer, technical, etc.):

Joshi puroresu with incorporated brawling and aerial moves. Hard strikes, big chops, and bone-crunching submissions come part and parcel for the puro experience. Aka can also brawl with the best of them when need be, especially during comebacks and angry streaks. Blood feuds see her violent tendencies truly come out when she's in no-DQ matches. She's not afraid to use weaponry and make some people bleed if the Crimson Ghost is so inclined.

Moveset:

Standing Attacks:

Snap Suplex
Neckbreaker
Northern Lights Suplex
Michinoku Driver
Teardrop Suplex
Tiger Suplex
German Suplex
Pop-Up Cutter
Roundhouse Kick
Reverse Roundhouse Kick

Ground Attacks:

Fist Drop
Leg Stomp
Knee Drop
Head Scissors
Texas Cloverleaf
Boston Crab
STF

Running / Irish Whip Attacks:

Clothesline
Jumping Crossbody
Hip Attack
Lou Thesz Press
Spinebuster
Backbreaker

Diving Attacks:

Diving Hurricanrana
Diving Dropkick
Diving Frankensteiner

Signature Moves:

Early Grave - Crossface Chickenwing
Vengeful Strike (FKA Red Paper) - Poison Frankensteiner

A minimum of one finishing move, and a maximum of three:

The Soul Crusher - Jumping Double Foot Stomp
ソウルクラッシャー
(Sourukurasshā)

giphy.gif

Hell From Above - Diving Reverse Moonsault
上から地獄
(Ue Kara Jigoku)

giphy.gif

The Living End - Running Shining Wizard
リヴィング・エンド
(Rivu~ingu Endo)

giphy.gif

Attire:

Aka Yurei's old attire used to of ghostly face paint, appearing as that of a Japanese Onryou. Nowadays, the face paint has traded a ghostly white for a less concealing red swirls and stains from her eyes, as this Crimson Ghost is crying bloody tears. That old face paint isn't completely abandoned though, as it shows up during special events and even title matches. Her wrestling wear is a mixed crimson and black brassiere, a black cloth collar linked to her bra, and grey and gold trunks with the crimson kanji "武し" or "Takashi" in remembrance of her brother. Alongside this, she wears thigh-high black stockings, red kneepads and gold crimson-laced boots. This is generally her normal attire, but some special occasions has her with a more lavish outfit. During entrances, she walks to the ring with a crimson hannya mask, signifying further the Crimson Ghost's dark and violent nature; the white silk kimono she used to wear to the ring has been swapped out instead for a fur kimono, a great departure from her old style.

restricted

Base pic for your character: Kana/Asuka

Theme Music:

"Mouth For War" by Pantera

Introduction Promo:

???:
"Sore wa sayo ka?"
["Is it okay?"]

A camera opens up to a woman sitting on a chair, with soft skin and flowing red-tinted hair. Her eyes are a pearlescent green and her smile gives off the impression of a kind, gentle person. The interviewer off-screen tells this woman that the camera's working now.

Interviewer:
"Well, tell us a little about yourself, starting with your name?"

The woman shifts and gives a small laugh and nods her head.

Aka Yurei:
"My name is Aka Yurei. I'm twenty-five years old, and I live in Seattle. I've been a wrestler for about nine years or so."

The camera feed showcases some photographs and videos of a manic and terrifying-looking woman in ghostly face paint, decimating opponents in Japan. A scary look from what looks like a red-haired demon spirit, or what is known in Japan as an Onryou: "vengeful spirit". We cut back to Aka Yurei in the chair, and after a quick comparison, it is clearly the same woman.

Interviewer:
"You started wrestling when you were 16? How did that come about?"

Aka shrugs her shoulders and smirks to herself.

Aka Yurei:
"I ran away from home in Yokohama when I was 15, about a year of living in the streets afterward, I was taken up by a wrestling dojo who allowed me to train and become one. It was really the first place I felt was home."

Interviewer: "Is that around the time the 'Crimson Ghost' first appeared?"

Aka Yurei: "Yeah, I'd say that was around the time that it showed up."

Interviewer: "This'll sound weird, but can we get that iconic grin from you?"

We find another photo of Aka in her wrestling attire giving an incredibly manic grin, portraying the emotion of insanity, rage, and chaos. Coming back, Aka shifts in her chair and laughs, shaking her head.

Aka Yurei:
"I'm afraid I can't do it out of the ring. It's only when I'm in the right mindset can I do it. The "Crimson Ghost" is not just some character. It's... sort of an unstable part of me."

More video shows the "Crimson Ghost" dealing damage to opponents, especially highlighting her devastating finisher, known in Japan as the "Sourrukurushā"; in America, it's known as the "Soul Crusher". So many opponents defeated by the move that the video points out just how deadly the move can be.

Interviewer:
"So what is the 'Crimson Ghost' to you?"

Aka sighs and looks up with a semi-far away look.

Aka Yurei:
"My wrath. The 'Crimson Ghost' is my anger towards my family, my sadness of losing my brother to violence, and a way to let go of all my troubles... when I'm in that state of mind, I embody the hatred and fury and violence I grew up in. It, for me, is my way of fighting back against this... hiai- Hiai... sadness. When the 'Crimson Ghost' walks into the ring... Itami no sekai: A world of pain."

Interviewer: "Right... I think we're done here. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you more."

Aka smiles softly and bows her head quickly, standing up and shaking whoever's hand it is.

Aka Yurei:
"Arigatōgozaimashita"

asuka-wwe.jpg

Last edited:

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I’ll read this in more depth in the am, but Crimson Ghost is a dope ass name. Holy shit.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Did some updates, and changed to a new theme to fit with Aka Yurei's new look and attitude she's garnered.

The old facepaint will come back for big matches and what have you though, it's not completely abandoned.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Made one tiny update to reflect the fact that @The Reagmaster and I are THE BEST FUCKING TEAM IN THE WORLD BABY!

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
It'd be a shame if someone were to sign up in that fed and take them~

Your characters are already facing each other for tag belts next show :hayden3

No need for shame. We’ll find out.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Your characters are already facing each other for tag belts next show :hayden3

No need for shame. We’ll find out.

(Spoiler warning)

But minus Reagan Cole. Although Princess Nova already beat him in the Garden of Eden, soooooo yeah. ;)

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Okay I’ve literally beat you, Patriot and Beaver all in one match, get the hell outta here!
Gonna have to get in here and prove these whippersnappers!

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Okay I’ve literally beat you, Patriot and Beaver all in one match, get the hell outta here!

...Not in one match. If you are referring to Brawlhalla, then Pat and Welsh had characters in it and I didn't.

Reactions: WelshyBOI

WelshyBOI

Reaction score
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
X2VL4FM
Favorite Wrestler
lita
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Sports Team
53tBXAk
Was Beavs even in that match?
Gonna have to get in here and prove these whippersnappers!
Hey, I’m just saying…you and Reag can’t possibly be the “BEST FUCKING TEAM IN THE WORLD BABY!” when, currently living in this world, is a true genius at her craft. Possibly the most ruthlessly efficient, incredibly athletic and insanely intelligent professional hitwoman/wrestler…(hit…ler? Yeah, let’s not use that abbreviation :punklol) that has ever existed, Bellatrix Bordeaux…and her older brother Bret. ;)