The Best of the Hardy Boyz DVD Review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

bullyballmm

babeball
Main Eventer
Reaction score
1570104810753.jpeg

Currently watching Disc 1. Just showed us there first WWF match and then the first WWF match they won.

Matt and Jeff are by the fire at the Hardy Compund. This is pretty interesting so far. I will update this post as I watch.
[automerge]1570105935[/automerge]
Hardyz won the titles from APA, ok match

Now they are the "New Brood". Looks like a lame gimmick
[automerge]1570106389[/automerge]
New Brood won a match to win *checks notes* Terri? Why do 2 emo looking dudes care about some blonde bimbo?
[automerge]1570109294[/automerge]
Hardy Boyz said that E&C are the tag team they have the best chemistry with. Then a ladder match between the two teams for the title is shown. I see what they mean, this is like a 5 star match

All men put their bodies on the line, and the crowd is loving it. The last good (non-MITB) ladder matche I remember is Ziggler vs. Harper for the IC title
[automerge]1570110000[/automerge]
Now we got a Matt vs. Jeff match. For some reason that Terri lady is there again
[automerge]1570110314[/automerge]
Oh look another match, this time Terri is accompanying them. Damn Lawler banging on about Terri is annoying
[automerge]1570111402[/automerge]
Ew Terri just betrayed them for E&C. I guess she's hot tho
[automerge]1570114609[/automerge]
OK that first TLC tag triple threat was like a 10/5 or something. Way too good
[automerge]1570117028[/automerge]
Ok so the first Disc ended with the WM 2001 triple threat TLC match for the World Tag titles. Not as good as the first one but I would say better than the 2nd one at Summerslam. Overall the first disc showed some good early history of when the boys started in WWF and how they ascended, and their historic matches with E&C and The Dudely Boyz
[automerge]1570130559[/automerge]
The second disc begins with it being night time at the compound (it was day time in disc 1, but ended at dusk, so I guess they are making it like they are watching the matches along with me and the time is passing for them...). They talk about getting to move from the tag team division to get to work with people like Taker, HHH, Austin etc.
[automerge]1570132118[/automerge]
Heyman is great on the commentary matches I've seen him in. Heyman/JR seems like a really great commentary booth
[automerge]1570133181[/automerge]
Jeff Hardy says he "dressed like a diva" when he was trying to find his look as a singles star and says somebody showed him a comparison between him and Alexa with pigtails

He said Alexa pulls the look off better
[automerge]1570134077[/automerge]
Man they are having heaps of matches where the Hardy Boyz lose in this second disc. HHH and Austin won a tag 4 way, Jericho beat Jeff etc.
[automerge]1570134127[/automerge]
V1 Matt as cruiser champ going into WM to defend against Mysterio

I am expecting a great match
[automerge]1570136404[/automerge]
This MNM team facing the Hardyz are putting on a great match *searches them up*

Oh I thought that guy looks like John Morrison. It's because it bloody is
[automerge]1570142244[/automerge]
Finished the second disc. The matches on it were more technically sound, but the matches on the first disc (namely the triple threat TLC matches) were more entertaining IMO

Just watching the final one now. In their intro Matt just said "Wrestling isn't about the moves ... it's about the moments."

I agree
[automerge]1570143928[/automerge]
MATT HARDY SET JEFF HARDY'S DOG ON FIRE
[automerge]1570144932[/automerge]
Ok I this is the second time I've watched their I Quit match. I love it, I love how it ended (SPOILERS: Matt gets tied to a table, Jeff on ladder, Matt begs for mercy for a good while, eventually quits, looks like Jeff is going down off ladder to end match, but he just springboards off the top corner turnbuckles over the ladder onto Matt to close the segment)
[automerge]1570145362[/automerge]
Now they are talking about their TNA days/Broken Matt vs. Jeff feud

He said that after The Final Deletion nobody asked them "when are you returning to wrestling/WWE"
[automerge]1570146752[/automerge]
Now they are showing the Ladder Fatal 4 Way Match for the RAW Tag Titles featuring Gallows and Anderson, Enzo and Cass, and The Bar

That WM set up was lit with that fake ring over the actual ring. Cesaro and Sheamus were the best competitors of the match. *checks notes* Meltzer rated this 3.75, less than AJ vs. Shane at 4

I disagree with his assessment, the rating should probably be switched around
[automerge]1570156076[/automerge]
Finished the DVD set. It was great, first DVD had the best matches because quite frankly no other Hardy matches can compete with their TLC matches with e&c and the dudley boyz. But the overall story of the box sets - beginnings and rise as a tag team in the WWF on disc 1, their being put in the main events and having singles matches against stars like HHH, Jericho and Rey on disc 2, and then the feud between them, both of them leaving, their time in TNA with the Deletion stuff, and then their return to WWE at Mania and the matches they had since that return.

Like a 9/10 from me. There is just a bit of stuff that should be in there, like Matt and MVPs stuff, and Jeff's EC title match win, but I guess those could be in Best of Matt Hardy and Best of Jeff Hardy series.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jay-Ashley