The Accountability Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

epo1984

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Wrestler
roIjoft
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
So I did a search and couldn't find any thread like this.

I don't know if anyone else would benefit from this, but I find that posting things that I am struggling to achieve or failing to stick to in order to form a habit helps me. Both the aspect of visibility of failure to a wider network and the motivation from supportive people serves to help me.

Thought I could start a thread where people who feel the need to post about what they are trying to do, whether that be fitness or money saving, creativity or job related or even trying to break habits like stopping smoking or drinking. And other people can offer their support or suggestions.

epo1984

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Wrestler
roIjoft
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
I'll go first

A long time ago, perhaps 15 years ago I was the heaviest I've ever been. I got up to 122kg /268lbs and not in a healthy, muscular way.

I managed over the course of 2 years to get down to 78kg and the last few years have hovered around 85-90kg. I can easy shed some weight over the course of a couple of months.

I've maintained by taking up running and have done marathons and half marathons. However I. February I picked up a stress fracture in my tibia and I had to really cut back on the activity. As a result I have ballooned to 95kg and I need to make a change ASAP. I looked at myself yesterday and just had the "what the hell are you doing?" conversation with myself.

I want to get back down to around 80kg, starting from now. I've ordered some weights and a bench as well as some other strength and resistance training as well as cutting back on the eating. Aiming to really step up now my leg has healed and gets in as good a shape as possible ahead of my 40th birthday in 2 months.

Help me with vibes and motivation guys!

epo1984

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Wrestler
roIjoft
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
So after a week of cutting out alcohol and being careful and looking after myself in addition to cardio and strength training, I have burned what I think is the water weight I'm down to 91kg!

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
So after a week of cutting out alcohol and being careful and looking after myself in addition to cardio and strength training, I have burned what I think is the water weight I'm down to 91kg!
Seeing those initial lbs (or kgs if you prefer) come off is one of the greatest motivations to continue working towards your goal I think. You're already making progress, last thing yku wanna do is undo the work you've already done. Gotta just stay focused and make sure it keeps trending in that direction and you'll be where you wanna be in no time.

epo1984

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Wrestler
roIjoft
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Seeing those initial lbs (or kgs if you prefer) come off is one of the greatest motivations to continue working towards your goal I think. You're already making progress, last thing yku wanna do is undo the work you've already done. Gotta just stay focused and make sure it keeps trending in that direction and you'll be where you wanna be in no time.
Cheers buddy. Yeah I'm still in the opening period of building habits and choosing to eat healthier at meal times, choosing not to drink and choosing not to snack.

I'm about to travel for a week for work and that will be the first big test as eating on the go it's tough not to default to fast food and pub grub

Thanks for the encouragement!

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
There's a lot of healthiER choices at fast food at least too, not healthy by any means really but miles better than most of your go tos probably are. Substitute meat in most Taco Bell items for the black bean version and that'll do it. Avoid salads to try and be healthy from anywhere unless you get no meat or dressing tho lmao

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I legit only eat the bean option at taco bell myself, healthier ish and u get a bigger portion than beef which is nice