Taryn Terrell (Tiffany) Has Found A New Life

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
They call you stupid simply for believing different things than they do. They belittle religious people. They tend to group all religious people together, even though many of us are not like the loony religious freaks out there. They discount personal experience. And the worst is that although I agree with many of their points, such as not having religious teaching in publuc school or religious icons on public ground, some I know have tried to get religious displays removed from private property and such. This was attempted in the town in Illinois I am from and it was ludicrous.

But that's the extreme fringe of course. I get along with many atheists actually, because we can be respectful to each other. But there are extreme and annoying atheists and religious people.

Oh and the ones who are atheist because it's fashionable annoy the fuck out of me. I don't care what someone believes or doesn't believe but I prefer people to at least defend their own beliefs with original thought and without loads of logical fallacies.
That's not what I meant. I know there are a lot of annoying atheists and yadda yadda yadda. What I meant was that the worst that will come out of someone being a 'fanatic atheist' is him/her being a asshole, which is tame compared to what a fanatic religious person will generally do, which ranges from kicking your children out of your house for going against your beliefs to bombing a abortion clinic.

I just can't see how "Oh boy, militant atheists are just as bad as bad as a religious zealot" is anything but a golden mean fallacy. You can admit there are assholes on every group without making use of false equivalence.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
That's not what I meant. I know there are a lot of annoying atheists and yadda yadda yadda. What I meant was that the worst that will come out of someone being a 'fanatic atheist' is him/her being a asshole, which is tame compared to what a fanatic religious person will generally do, which ranges from kicking your children out of your house for going against your beliefs to bombing a abortion clinic.

I just can't see how "Oh boy, militant atheists are just as bad as bad as a religious zealot" is anything but a golden mean fallacy. You can admit there are assholes on every group without making use of false equivalence.

My post was deliberately ironic. I was answering your question in the voice of someone arguing against you but making a poor argument that in essence supports your point.

Last edited:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
tumblr_nsul17LzH21s0qtkjo1_250.gif

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
My post was deliberately ironic. I was answering your question in the voice of someone arguing against you but making a poor argument that in essence supports your point.
That was some top notch sarcasm then. I didn't get it at all, good job:adr:

Reactions: Jacob Fox

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of shit; and I'd like to get as many of them out in the open as possible."

Rust Cohle

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What is this topic about a TNA wrestler doing in the WWE section? Moved.

Also kudos to Taryn for trying to be a good person. But I'm more inclined to think like Bort. A lot of people who proclaim things like this don't actually make any attempt to be better people. They just expect to be forgiven by "god" for accepting "Jesus". Kurt Angle being a prime example. Rather than seek help for his many substance abuse issues, he has "found god" and just keeps getting into trouble. It takes away from the good that I am sure organized religion is for a lot of people. Painting a bad picture.

TLDR: Don't be a good person because you expect some reward in the afterlife. Be a good person because it is the right thing to be.

Neptune

我很喜歡吃餅乾
Reaction score
What is this topic about a TNA wrestler doing in the WWE section? Moved.

Also kudos to Taryn for trying to be a good person. But I'm more inclined to think like Bort. Most people in my experience range who proclaim things like this don't actually make any attempt to be better people. They just expect to be forgiven by "god" for accepting "Jesus".

TLDR: Don't be a good person because you expect some reward in the afterlife. Be a good person because it is the right thing to be.

I put it there because I only remembered her being in the WWE. lol

And I agree. Your beliefs should make you a better person, not a bitter person. If they don't make you better, then you need to reevaluate what it is you believe in and why.