Taker to Raw

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah he isn't a spring chicken anymore, but I took him being in bad shape as him returning so early from that type of surgery. You can't even weight train normally and he came back 2 months early dead into a no holds bared match because WWE wanted him on the show. Trips and he did the best they could to work around that, which is why I'm glad they went with him and Taker over anyone else. Taker could have been legit fucked up with a bad fall or not being protected, but he wasn't. I want him to comeback actually healthy though just like you this time. The selling by both men was so great though that I completely get how you could have bought into it since they made it look like Taker was a complete wreck and Trips showed concern.

* Off topic, but I hope for your sake you don't gawk too hard at Velvet :lol:

The Flash

Reaction score
Yeah, you got a point there.

and it'll be really tough not to gawk at her but i'll try my best because she seems like the type would that slap the fuck out of me :lol:

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I figured it was selling but he sold that pretty damn good to make it seem like he was legit hurt. Knowing Taker's shape that spinebuster spot he took probably fucked him up some.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think they sold it the way they did just so he can actually rehab his arm/shoulder and build the strength back up in it. 1-3 months to get that back right, should have returning at SummerSlam or the ppv before it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I pretty much expect him to only work Summerslam and the build to it and maybe a few more PPV's but that is about it. Wouldn't be surprised if he got to the point where he just worked the road to mania.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I figured it was selling but he sold that pretty damn good to make it seem like he was legit hurt. Knowing Taker's shape that spinebuster spot he took probably fucked him up some.
Looking back at that spot you mentioned Mak, the Cole Mine spot, and the chair shots .... one side of Taker's body never crashed into anything. Even on Air Deadman, Trips caught his right shoulder in his chest before his head and neck so it didn't hit the floor or table. Go look at the match and you'll see what I mean. Trips worked around not damaging that side and even in Hell's Gate, he leaned into the left side which was Taker's non-surgically repaired side.

I rewatched the match like last week and noticed that type of stuff. You really have to appreciate what old safe vets can do even when limited.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Triple H has always been good at that only case where he fucked up is when he pushed Orton outside for the RKO counter and messed up Orton's collarbone, but he made a good audible in ending the match right away.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Yeah, he and Randy both fucked that up because Randy tried to grab the ropes with one hand and put his other out to brace the fall on the floor. Trips put too much power into it.

Another thing about that Taker match is that the landing of the Pedigrees sees Triple H veer away from Taker's right side as well. Watching it over reminded me of the way Flair and HBK land slightly differently than most because of their backs.

Jay

Reaction score
Question is that, even if Taker gets moved to Raw, Is he even gonna be able to do anything? Last time we seen him, he had to be legitamately carted off cause he was in such bad shape. I hate to say this because i've been a huge Taker fan literally my entire life but the man needs to hang it up. He should honestly go the Edge route and retire while he can still walk

And even is he HAD to be carted off, he worked Mania while injured. Its not a surprise that he would need it. But as stated by PHX, he was super selling.