Stupidity on the Internet

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
What are some experiences you have had over the internet where someone has been plain out stupid?

One occurred with me the other night. I was having a nice conversation on an xat chat with somebody the other day about the differences between America and England. Somebody then rudely interrupted and said "Everyone in England has bad teeth". I responded with "Well, actually America has the highest fluoride levels in the world which means Americans generally have worst teeth". He next response was irrelevant and pretty pointless. He said "Well yeah but we kicked your asses to gain independence!". I asked him how this was relevant and he said "Name one British War Hero?" and I said to him "Winston Churchill". His response to this was what made him so moronic. He said "Churchill is a pussy compared to George Washington". As you can see this guy was an idiot.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
You should have said Horatio Nelson and completely won the argument. :lol:

The internet is definitely a breeding ground for stupidity though, because it gives a voice to those who shouldn't have one in the first place. I can't begin to get into all the idiots I've encountered over the years, but I would just like to point out that its not an American only thing, they are all over the place. One time I had an argument with a dude from Belgium who tried to tell me that vitamin supplements were medicine even though the box plainly said they had no medicinal effect or value.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
America has the highest fluoride levels in the world? That can't be accurate. Well it might be, but at least we've got teeth that aren't rotting out. Like... Lithuania, or the Sudan...

Anyways, yeah, I'm not going to go in depth with what kind of retardation I've found across the internet because there is a lot of it. Luckily, there are some saving graces out there.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh and yeah, I forgot to mention it but Flouride prevents tooth decay so I'm not sure how having higher levels of it is going to make your teeth bad. Hell, since its been in the drinking water in North America cavities have dropped drastically among children. Of course now that morons only let their kids drink bottled water they'll go back up but I digress....

EDIT : Never mind, I just realized that MKT most likely meant that needing to have higher levels of Flouride is proof that the teeth in America are generally in worse shape.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
My post that's in Fuji's sig is "It amazes me how stupid some people are". Irony :lol:

Starlight

I don't know if this classifies as stupidity on the internet, but I was doing research for a paper, and I found so much stupidity on people's perspectives and "educated" theories about certain psychological or historical concepts. The internet never seizes to amaze me because people can just put whatever they want up and call it a theory or fact; when in reality, it's only an opinion.

Another experience was when I rped in the fed LOW and I came in encounter with a a group of people who thought it was cool to form a clique and terrorize people because they were online. They thought of themselves as the cream of the crop in LOW. Before I left, I did challenge them by saying, "were you guys picked on when you were kids and this is why you e-bully over the internet? I thought it was stupid.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I don't know if this classifies as stupidity on the internet, but I was doing research for a paper, and I found so much stupidity on people's perspectives and "educated" theories about certain psychological or historical concepts. The internet never seizes to amaze me because people can just put whatever they want up and call it a theory or fact; when in reality, it's only an opinion.

Another experience was when I rped in the fed LOW and I came in encounter with a a group of people who thought it was cool to form a clique and terrorize people because they were online. They thought of themselves as the cream of the crop in LOW. Before I left, I did challenge them by saying, "were you guys picked on when you were kids and this is why you e-bully over the internet? I thought it was stupid.

People putting non-facts on the Internet is stupidity. People terrorizing other people is not "stupid" it's just fucked up

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Unfortunately, as Fuji said, the internet gives a voice to those who really shouldn't have one in the first place. I encounter stupidity on a daily basis, some small doses and others large doses. A lot of times people who argue Religion, Politics, or History will always find someone that has a jaded perspective that can't be altered no matter how hard you try to prove how correct you are. There are a lot of people content with the obnoxious point of view that they have and spew all over the place. Quite frankly, I find a lot of Americans to be tremendously offending (I am American, so I have first hand experience in dealing with these people), and there is a certain arrogance that many Americans have to point that they think we have the "best" of everything. I had to argue in my Sociology class the other day in defense of Ireland's educational system compared to our own, to which I had to end up whoring the ignoramous who tried to conclude his argument with "then why are we America?" It was a very sad statement, and I immediately questioned the ability of our schools to teach proper rationalization and argumentation. Also, I see people frequently fuck up phrases, and the worst part is that they don't even realize they're doing it. For example, the other day in my Interviewing and Counseling class, I had a girl pretending to be a client, and she stated that her boyfriend "did a 360" in regards to changing his opinion to the exact opposite. Now, me being me, I had to argue with her and let her know that she really meant "180," but she was hearing none of that. Yet, I am the one that apparently comes across as an asshole. I know these were personal examples, but they also represent the very breed of people that litter the internet with invalid arguments and uneducational thoughts.

Starlight

if her boyfriend did a 360, then he really did not learn a damn thing! lol, i love stupid people.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Unfortunately, as Fuji said, the internet gives a voice to those who really shouldn't have one in the first place. I encounter stupidity on a daily basis, some small doses and others large doses. A lot of times people who argue Religion, Politics, or History will always find someone that has a jaded perspective that can't be altered no matter how hard you try to prove how correct you are. There are a lot of people content with the obnoxious point of view that they have and spew all over the place. Quite frankly, I find a lot of Americans to be tremendously offending (I am American, so I have first hand experience in dealing with these people), and there is a certain arrogance that many Americans have to point that they think we have the "best" of everything. I had to argue in my Sociology class the other day in defense of Ireland's educational system compared to our own, to which I had to end up whoring the ignoramous who tried to conclude his argument with "then why are we America?" It was a very sad statement, and I immediately questioned the ability of our schools to teach proper rationalization and argumentation. Also, I see people frequently fuck up phrases, and the worst part is that they don't even realize they're doing it. For example, the other day in my Interviewing and Counseling class, I had a girl pretending to be a client, and she stated that her boyfriend "did a 360" in regards to changing his opinion to the exact opposite. Now, me being me, I had to argue with her and let her know that she really meant "180," but she was hearing none of that. Yet, I am the one that apparently comes across as an asshole. I know these were personal examples, but they also represent the very breed of people that litter the internet with invalid arguments and uneducational thoughts.
I see what you mean here. I know a lot of American people and they consider America to be the greatest country in the world and the best at everything. This obviously isn't just Americans who do that as some British people do that. Their is also the common stereotype from American people that everyone in Britain don't brush their teeth which is just stupid. Their is also the stupid stereotype from British people that all Americans are fat. America is in the midst of an obese epidemic shall we call it but not everyone in America is fat as most of the worlds chicken wing models are from America.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I see what you mean here. I know a lot of American people and they consider America to be the greatest country in the world and the best at everything. This obviously isn't just Americans who do that as some British people do that. Their is also the common stereotype from American people that everyone in Britain don't brush their teeth which is just stupid. Their is also the stupid stereotype from British people that all Americans are fat. America is in the midst of an obese epidemic shall we call it but not everyone in America is fat as most of the worlds chicken wing models are from America.

I've actually never came across the teeth stereotype, and that sounds so ridiculous if Americans actually believe that. TBH, although we have some very healthy and fit people, we have extensive numbers of overweight and obese people, from children to the elderly. But, then again, our nation doesn't do anything about it except say that people need to diet, which is like talking to a wall. Either way, the stereotypes are disgusting to hear, and I have no tolerance for anyone that acts in an ignorant manner. Every country has its flaws, but people should really make sure that their points are relevant.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
People on my facebook making fun of Canada when my brother is Canadian and a lot of my friends are.

Doesn't bother me personally for people to diss Canada, whatever, I don't have any Canadian blood in me, I wasn't born here, but, fuck, let's not forget to mention the fact that my status had NOTHING to do with the country, anyway. I posted today that a week ago, we were sweating in shorts and today, it is snowing. This is happening in a number of places in North America, but a few idiots storm my page and start with the whole LOL CANADA IS STUPID and CANADA IS LAME LOLOLOLOL. Uhh, how about you look the fuck out your window because it is probably snowing there as well after your warm weather a few days ago? Dumb fucks.

It's totally embarrassing when people post stupid shit on your wall where all your family and friends can see it.

A few times I have gone to work and people have asked me about what some people on my FB have said ('what's up with that guy?' kind of questions). People need to fucking think before posting and making the person who's wall they are posting on look Blue.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I taunt my Laosian friend a lot about Asia. It's all in good fun.

Missionary

Reaction score
LOL at this thread.

Simply put? You were probably being trolled. I dont doubt the stupidity of "people" in general from all nations... but the way you described the conversation leads me to believe that this guy was just having a "go" at your expense.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
LOL at this thread.

Simply put? You were probably being trolled. I dont doubt the stupidity of "people" in general from all nations... but the way you described the conversation leads me to believe that this guy was just having a "go" at your expense.

If you are referring to me, no, he wasn't 'having a go' at my expense. That is what he really thinks.

Also, as said, I am not Canadian, he knows this, so I don't really give a shit what people say about Canada, really, it's the fact that other people will see the Blue comments who ARE from Canada and I don't want them to be insulted in any way because I will be the one looking stupid in the end because that shit is on MY wall and that person is MY friend, not theirs. All of these people are my friends but they don't know each other.

It's just rude, anyway, like if I went on my friend's wall and typed HOLY SHIT, FUCKING JAMAICA, WHAT A Blue PLACE, that would just be totally disrespectful.

If you were not directing that at me (quoting does help when other posts come after so we know who you are talking to), well, my point still stands.