AMA Steel Cage Tag-Team Match - LMS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
88eb764df3257c22911898eb4dd19580608a6b59.png

Steel Cage
Tag-Team Match
(Can Solid Steel Keep Malice at Bay?)
"The Immaculate" Tora Fushimi and Buffalo Jones vs. "The Ace" Max Maverick and "The Blueblood" Christopher McMichaels

XWFFushimi-1.png
XWFBuffalo-1.png
VS.
XWFMaverick-1.png
AMAMcMichaels-3-p.png

#SteelCageMatch

Deadlines
Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, June 9th, 2021.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Flying High
A Christopher McMichaels Story

s91d0jKX2GPe3NzLv47BNW1Ekkyv5Dny3Wf23q9CpHTOiWLC9a97XsQsS06PjuhlKhkFD1TAp5upYsVmlHUIPjRrpEzpm-ARoj4pM_3N_amgf9fCpNU2C2W9nFuVQ83qKr2sn34B

Our scene opens high in the sky above the Atlantic Ocean. “The Blueblood” Christopher McMichaels is seated comfortably onboard a private jet, accompanied by his servant, Wilhelm, and various flight attendants seeing to his every want. Wilhelm seems to have something moderately urgent to tell McMichaels, but The Blueblood has other plans.

McMichaels: “Run along, Wilhelm. I’ve got a few words to say to my fans.”

Wilhelm: “Of course sir, if I may just one thi-”

McMichaels: “It can wait, my fans cannot.”

Wilhelm: “Very well, sir.”

Wilhelm slips out, grabbing a martini from a drink cart before he goes. McMichaels then turns his attention to his phone to record a video for both his and AMA’s social media accounts.

McMichaels: “Hello hello to all my fans. As you can see, I’m not currently grounded. I’m actually on my way back from a trip to Rome where my new business associate, Shabazz Hamad, invited me to discuss the plans we have for our mutually beneficial interests. You see, Mr. Hamad and I, it turns out, agree on more than even we thought. We don’t listen when people say something is out of reach, or unattainable. We simply procure and then we flourish as only like-minded people such as myself and Shabazz can.”

“But that’s business, and, no offense to my loyal fans, none of your business. The reason I’m coming to you live from my private jet is because Oliver Thawne had the NERVE to book me in a cage? A CAGE!? I’ll have you know, my lawyers are looking over my contract right this minute because there’s no way you’re allowed to put ME in a CAGE! I’m sure you think this is some form of “justice” for Buffalo Jones in your fantasy world of black and white. Where’s the justice when I drag his face across the steel fence or bash him into one of the metal bars? As far as I’m concerned, you’ve just expedited poor Buffalo’s retirement. He’ll just wish for a bottle to the head after he gets dragged out of this cage.”

“As for the other annoyance in the match...well, my great pal Max Maverick has assured me that he has Tora Fushimi taken care of. But speaking of my new friend, I actually got Mr. Maverick a gift while I was in Rome. I stopped by an auction and dropped a PRETTY PENNY on this one of a kind. ”

McMichaels lifts his phone to show the seat behind him where the painting is secured.

PR5HvMNHekzXp14yUqFQe7eL7kDCXR9t1q9ua6mb0ohqJ_jKkFF5si34bsmSft3M1lXnQG_LWnAs0eYjPblWHFhZh04zo6j_j2rFzYB5vnTnW2UY5wAiQ-YCT3xnvPFd-TBRWNK1

“Oh yeah, Max is gonna love this. As soon as we land, I’m getting it sent straight to his fan fest thing. Some people had the audacity to question its asking price, but I know Max is a man of culture such as myself, so he’ll appreciate the art as it was meant to be. And despite the fact that two men of culture like Christopher McMichaels and Max Maverick should never have to compete in a barbaric cage structure, you won’t find two men more willing to do whatever it takes inside such a structure to not just win, but leave a permanent impression on our opponents. I’ve seen the fighting pits of the Roman Colosseum where two men would enter and only the one walked out. Well at Last Man Standing, our match may not have the stipulation, but Max and I will be the only two that walk out of that cage.

With that McMichaels ends the promo, and calls over a flight attendant to refill his drink. Wilhelm pops back in around this time as well.

McMichaels: “So what was it you wanted to tell me earlier Wilhelm?”

Wilhelm: “The painting is fake, sir."

McMichaels almost chokes on his drink but manages to keep his composure.

“What now?”

“The auction house called, they’re terribly sorry for this mix-up. But it appears the valuable painting you purchased is counterfeit. They noticed something on security footage or whatnot. They’ve offered a full refund as quickly as possible and apologies for the inconvenience.”

Annoyed, The Blueblood ponders for a moment.

“Get the refund but keep the painting. I’m sure Max won’t be able to tell, and I can’t show up empty-handed now, he’d be so disappointed. Now leave me be so I can get some sleep the rest of this flight.”

“Very well, sir.”

Wilhelm makes sure to get a few more drinks from the drink cart before slipping to the other part of the plane, leaving McMichaels with the counterfeit painting.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Q & Ace w/ Max Maverick

The vibrating sound goes off on the bedside table, and the ringtone playing is “Money for Nothing” by Dire Straits. The tune continues to play until a hand reaches out from underneath the covers, knocking over some empty beer cans while trying to retrieve the phone, and finally, the hand can get a hold of the iPhone and answer it on the speakerphone.

...hello?

The very groggy and hungover sounding voice belongs to “The Ace” Max Maverick.

Chelsea Powers: Maxxy? Were you still asleep?

Max Maverick: ...no...uh...I was just uh...getting up now...right before you called…

Chelsea Powers: Sure, Max, whatever you say. Anyways, I need you to get up and get ready.

Max sits up in his bed while keeping a grip on the phone. With his free hand, Max rubs the cold out of his eyes.

Max Maverick: Get ready? Ready for what, Chels?

Chelsea Powers: AMA scheduled you to have a Q&A with the fans today on Instagram live. Come on, Max, don’t tell me that you forgot!

Max massages his temple with his hand and sighs.

Max Maverick: Please don’t yell; I have a splitting headache right now.

Chelsea Powers: Oh? I’m sorry, I’m not the one that told you to throw a party and drink yourself stupid! That’s your fault, Maxxy!

Max Maverick: Seriously, my head hurts enough as it is. I don’t need your constant yelling making it worse.

On the other end of the line, Chelsea can be heard letting out an exasperated sigh.

Chelsea Powers: Whatever, Maxxy, just promise me you’ll get this Q&A done today, promise?

Suddenly, there’s a movement in the blankets next to Max, which causes him to turn his attention away from his sister and to whoever it is that’s occupying his bed with him.

Chelsea Powers: Maxxy, are you still there?

Max Maverick: Uh, yeah, I’m here. Listen, I’ll get back to you later.

Before she can respond, Max ends the call. He leans over and peaks under the blanket to find a beautiful and very nude woman. Max has an expression on his face as if to say, “not bad.” Max rubs his temple again as the pounding in his head continues before he removes himself from the bed and throws on a pair of lounge shorts over his boxer shorts. He gingerly walks to the bathroom and wastes no time to relieve himself. After that, Max washes his hands and splashes some cold water on his face; then, he searches through his medicine cabinet before finding some aspirin, much to his delight. He grabs one and downs it with whatever was in the liquor bottle he just randomly grabbed, talk about a literal bitter pill to swallow, Max scrunches up his face. Max then throws off his shorts and undergarments and hops in the shower; meanwhile, the woman in his bed begins to stir as the scene fades out.

A few hours later and Max is all cleaned up, ready to go and get this Q&A over with. He’s dressed casually, wearing a black sleeveless Van Halen shirt and some grungy jeans. Standing at his side, as usual, is his bodyguard and right-hand man, Solomon Black, who has his hands folded in front of him. Also in the room with them is Max’s intern, Chester Hayes, who is on social media exciting the fans waiting for Max’s Q&A to begin.

Chester Hayes: Are you guys ready for Mr. Maverick?! I think they’re ready, Mr. Maverick!

Max Maverick: Good for them.

Chester Hayes: Shouldn’t we get this started then?

Max Maverick: Let me give you a word of advice, Chester; if you make them wait, it makes them want it more, and it makes it much more worth the wait, get it?

Chester looks confused as he tries to figure it out.

Chester Hayes: Uh, I think so, Mr. Maverick.

All Max can do is shake his head and put his face in his hands when the door to his home opens up, and his sister Chelsea Powers walks into the room; she looks rather annoyed with her older brother.

Max Maverick: Chelsea, what are you doing here? Better yet, haven’t you ever heard of knocking?!

Chelsea Powers: First of all, I came over to make sure you do this thing. Secondly, since when do you care about manners?

Max Maverick: I don’t know, but for all you know, I could’ve been in here with a woman; well, there was one here earlier.

Chelsea rolls her eyes and sighs.

Chelsea Powers: Maxxy, as much as I’d love to hear about that, let’s get this thing started.

Chester Hayes: Mr. Maverick is making them wait.

Chelsea turns towards Chester and looks at him quizzically.

Chelsea Powers: What? Making who wait?

Before Chester can answer, Solomon Black, smacks Chester on the back of the head.

Max Maverick: Thank you, Solomon; remember what I told you about snitches, Chester?

Chester Hayes: They get stitches?

Max Maverick: Correct.

Chester frowns while rubbing the back of his head. Yet another exasperated sigh from Chelsea, this time a bit more obnoxious sounding, probably done so on purpose.

Chelsea Powers: Well, this has been riveting. Maxxy, can we please get this started?

Max Maverick: Yes, yes, fine.

Max Maverick: Welcome to my Q&A, or better yet, the Q & Ace with yours truly, Max Maverick!

Max smiles his cheesy grin to the camera for his adoring fans.

Max Maverick: Hold the camera still, Chester, you goof!

The smile goes away as Max already looks annoyed, and his intern not being able to work the camera on the iPhone properly isn’t helping matters.

Max Maverick: The goons over at AMA decided to rope me into doing this live video with a Q&A to boot. First off, rule number one: No stupid questions. This should be a pretty simple rule to follow, but judging by what I’ve seen from you, I’d have to beg the differ—second rule: No requests to go on live with me. I’m not here to see your ugly mug, you’re here to see me, and I’d rather not see what any of you basement dwellers look like in live and in color; I see it enough at the shows I don’t need anymore nightmares. Third rule: No long, tedious, drawn-out questions. I don’t care about your life story, okay? Remember, this is all about me! Get it? Got it? Good! Now let's get this bad boy started!

The questions start coming in at record speed. They start coming in so fast that Max is having trouble keeping up with them.

Max Maverick: A bunch of eager beavers here, I see, I mean, I don’t blame you! Look at me; I’m just perfect. Alright, first question: Max, how does it feel to have a 2-1 record so far in AMA? How do you think it feels? Of course, I’d like it to be an undefeated record, but that goober Zewbowski had to go and show me up at Under Pressure. It’s okay, though; I showed him at MayDay when I single-handedly left him a flattened mess on the mat resulting in a win for me and that incompetent boob partner, Ishii! If it weren’t for me saving the day, Zewbowski would have got the win! Anyway, I digress; my record is what it is. It’s a winning record, which is more than some other people in this company can say.

Max grabs a bottle of Jack Daniels, pours himself a glass on the table near him, and takes a drink. He lets out a sound and makes a face before continuing.

Max Maverick: Next question: How was it teaming with Ishii at MayDay? Didn’t you hear what I just said?! The man was utterly hopeless. Seriously, talk about incompetence! I just hope that my next partner is competent enough to carry himself and won’t need me to hold his hand to victory. Next question: Is your sister Chelsea single?

The camera turns to Chelsea, who giggles and can’t help but blush, followed by a shrug.

Max Maverick: Listen, pal, clearly you ignore rules because I specifically said no stupid questions! It was the first rule! To answer your question, it’s none of your damn business if she's single, and even if I were to divulge that information, I certainly wouldn’t tell some mindless cretin like you!

Chelsea makes a phone motion near her ear with her hand and mouths the words “call me,” along with a wink.

Max Maverick: Moving on to the following question: From someone named Wilhelm, “Mr. McMichaels would like to know how it feels to be teaming with someone that is as equally as talented as you are?” McMichaels? Oh right, my partner at Last Man Standing. Well, Wilhelm, if that’s even your real name! I’m pretty thrilled to be teaming with young Christopher McMichaels because, believe it or not; I see a lot of myself in young Christopher. If I may be so bold, young Christopher is the future of this company and this business! Teaming with me will boost Christopher’s career to even greater heights than he couldn’t even begin to imagine!

You saw what I did for that ungrateful little pissant Taco Sushi, right? We had the match of the night at Maiden Voyage, and even though I won, Taco’s career skyrocketed overnight! I made him a star, and he won’t even thank me! What I did for him I can do for Christopher, and I believe that Christopher will be more than grateful for it and this opportunity.

He reads further on with another question from Wilhelm.

Max Maverick: “Mr. McMichaels would like to know if you’ve received the gift that he had sent to you from his recent trip to Rome?” Gift? What gift?

Solomon Black leans over and whispers into his ear. Max looks back at Solomon in what appears to be disgust, but he turns back to the camera with a fake smile.

Max Maverick: Oh yes! THAT gift! I got it in the mail yesterday!

PR5HvMNHekzXp14yUqFQe7eL7kDCXR9t1q9ua6mb0ohqJ_jKkFF5si34bsmSft3M1lXnQG_LWnAs0eYjPblWHFhZh04zo6j_j2rFzYB5vnTnW2UY5wAiQ-YCT3xnvPFd-TBRWNK1

He motions for Chester to turn the camera to show Solomon hanging it up on the wall.

Max Maverick: See? The perfect spot for the perfect painting! It’s clear that you are a man of culture and share my appreciation of the fine arts!

Max toasts to that and takes another sip of his whiskey.

Max Maverick: One last question because I’m getting bored: “How does it feel to keep on facing Tora Fushimi all the time?” Do you know that old song “The Cat Came Back” by Garrison Keillor? No matter how many awful things happened to that cat, the kitty wouldn’t stay away. That’s Taco because no matter how many times I embarrass him, he won’t stay away. Instead of that idiot Brian Zewbowski, he has another old fart with him by the name of Buffalo Jones.

Buffalo and I both have a long history in this business, but little is known about him or his past. Probably because he’s too embarrassed by how much of a loser he is, who knows? It’s probably for the best regardless because no one cares. People didn’t care about him then, and people certainly don’t care about him now. He’s just another old-timer trying to cling on to relevancy. You could probably say the same about me, but then I’d have to slap you and call you an idiot because you’re wrong. Buffalo Jones wishes he was even half as good as I was back then and NOW!

Just as quickly as I helped make Taco a star, Buffalo man is going to send Taco’s career straight down the toilet along with his own. Christopher can deal with you, Buffalo, and I’ll deal with Taco. This is it, Taco; this is your last chance. In a steel cage, no less. Nowhere for you to run from the embarrassment and humiliation that I’m about to put you through. It doesn’t matter whether I pin your shoulders to the mat, escape the cage, and make you tap out and cry like a baby; when it’s all said and done, again, I don’t ever want to see your stupid face in that ring again, got it?

Well, I think that about wraps this shindig up. Be sure to watch the Last Man Standing live from Fort Worth, Texas, because you don’t want to miss Taco and Buffalo get the beatings of a lifetime at the hands of young Christopher McMichaels and yours truly, “THE Ace” Max Maverick!

He points at the camera and thinks the live feed has ended, but Chester is still rolling as Max turns back to Solomon, who is standing near the painting.

Max Maverick: Solomon, you can take that thing down now. Chelsea, can you believe that he bought it? He thought I liked that hunk of junk! I’ve seen better artwork made by a five-year-old!

Chelsea Powers: Uh, Maxxy…

She points at the iPhone that’s still recording, and Max turns to Chester with a scowl.

Max Maverick: Damn it, Chester, you idiot! I thought you knew to end the feed you fu-

The feed abruptly cuts out, and the scene ends.​

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The Life and Times of Tora Fushimi
Episode 4: "A Wounded Animal Is A Dangerous Animal... or something"

Special Guest Star: Buffalo Jones!

The scene opens up on the inside of a hospital room where our benevolent hero Tora Fushimi is meant to be resting up after undergoing a series of tests to check him for injuries, thanks to a rather malicious attack from… well… Malice. However, he seems to be in a real tizzy, and is manically jamming buttons on a remote control while glaring at a TV mounted in the corner of the room.

Tora Fushimi: Is there seriously not one functioning television in this rathole?

His clicks get more and more aggressive before he finally reaches his breaking point, flinging the remote across the room, smashing it to bits against a wall near the door. Just at that moment, the door opens up and in walks Fushimi’s uptight but timid manager Douglas Watson. He wears a confused expression and immediately looks down at the bits of broken plastic and various electronic mechanisms lying on the floor next to him.

Douglas Watson: What the hell mate?

Fushimi quickly straightens up his posture, and stammers trying to muster up an explanation.

Tora Fushimi: Errr… it was like that when I got here!

Douglas Watson: If you needed someone to come fix the telly you could have just rang someone mate. Never mind that, though. I brought a guest for you!

Tora Fushimi: You brought me a stripper?

Watson walks the rest of the way in, and following close behind is the notoriously rigid Buffalo Jones in a tracksuit. Fushimi looks bewildered.

Tora Fushimi: Uh, that’s not a stripper?

Watson pops Fushimi on the arm as if to say ‘cut it out’.

Douglas Watson: No, Tora, of course it isn’t a stripper. What in the world would make you think I’d bring a stripper to the hospital?

Tora Fushimi: Well I just assumed you wanted to lift my spirits a little after the trauma I’ve endured recently, but I should have known better than that! So, why are you bringing this old bag of bones here to me? Does he want an autograph or what?

A smirk comes across Jones’ face. Watson sighs.

Douglas Watson: Please show a little respect, Tora. We just got word from AMA management that you will be teaming with Buffalo Jones here in a cage match at the next show.

Fushimi leans forward with a look of disbelief.

Tora Fushimi: I’m sorry, what? They’re putting me in a cage match after what Malice did to me? And they’ve got me teaming with the cryptkeeper on top of that?

Douglas Watson: Well… yes, that’s essentially correct. But again, you don’t have to be an arse about it.

Fushimi leans back again and takes a deep sigh, staring out the nearby window.

Tora Fushimi: Alright, alright… my bad.

He turns back and extends his hand out to Buffalo Jones.

Tora Fushimi: Sorry about the potshots. I just use humor as a coping mechanism, you know? Anyways, I’m Tora.

Jones isn’t too pressed about the verbal jabs and gives Fushimi’s hand a shake.

Buffalo Jones: I’m Buffalo. It’s good to formally meet you. So, are you healthy enough to go next Tuesday?

Tora reaches down and rubs his ribs a little bit.

Tora Fushimi: Yeahhhhh, I’m just dealing with some deep muscle bruising and a cracked rib. I should still be able to crack a few skulls. Who are our opponents anyways Dougie?

Douglas Watson: It’ll be Max Maverick and Christopher McMichaels.

Immediately, Fushimi closes his eyes and tilts his head back in scorn.

Tora Fushimi: Please tell me you’re joking.

Watson shakes his head ‘no’. The veteran Jones gives off a hearty Rocky Mountain laugh.

Buffalo Jones: Oh don’t tell me you’re scared of them two sissies?

Fushimi’s eyes shoot open and he gives Jones a derisive look.

Tora Fushimi: Scared? Me? Of them? As if! I mean, I’ve beaten McMichaels already and Maverick is working on borrowed time. As a matter of fact, I will enjoy beating the two of them at the PPV. I’m just saying like… I’m kind of over them!

Jones nods insincerely.

Buffalo Jones: Uh huh. Whatever you say, kid. Well look, I’ve been in there with McMichaels just like you have. We both know what we’re in for there. But, this’ll be my first time locking it up with Maverick. Now I know y’all got some kinda complicated relationship going on between y’all, but from what I’ve seen, the guy is the real deal. So any notes you can pass on to me could be real helpful.

Tora Fushimi: The only thing you need to know about Maverick is he’s slow. REAL slow. Probably because he’s ancient. And he’s not half the wrestler I am, either. The one thing he’s particularly great at is being a no good, ungrateful, cheating coward!

Buffalo Jones: Yeah I figured you’d say something like that. Ah well, I’ll get some tape on the guy and figure it out for myself. What about you? Do you want me to pass along what I find out about these guys or do you have your own preparation in mind?

Tora Fushimi: Yeah I’ve got a few plans for the week. I’ll probably catch a flight to Galveston, catch some waves, lay out on the beach for a few days before driving up to Dallas. And then I’m thinking… maybe hit up Park Avenue and see what the talent’s looking like, if you know what I mean?

Jones and Watson both look at each other unamused. Jones looks back at Fushimi.

Buffalo Jones: Alright, I’ll tell you what, Tora. It’s not my place to try and be your chaperone. I ain’t gonna be able to tell you nothing you haven’t already been told. All I will say is that, as a guy who’s been around the block a few times, I respect the hell out of your talents. In fact, I envy how naturally this sport comes to you. You’re one of the most promising young talents I’ve seen in some time and I can tell that deep down, you want nothing more than to be the best. You can achieve that, but it isn’t gonna be handed to you. You’ve got to nurture that God given gift, and if you don’t, it’s only a matter of time before it goes away. So just be mindful of how you spend your time because if you want to be as good as Max Maverick has been, you’ve got to put in the hours, plain and simple.

Fushimi locks eyes with Jones.

Tora Fushimi: I don’t "want to be as good as Max Maverick". I’m already better than Max Maverick!

Buffalo Jones: Well… I think that remains to be proven.

This cranks up the fire under Fushimi.

Tora Fushimi: Oh is that so?

Jones shrugs.

Buffalo Jones: He beat you fair and square, Tora. No one’s denying that you’ve been spectacular the last couple shows, but the fact remains that he’s one up on you. You’ve got a chance at Last Man Standing to take back that win and stake your claim. Now, you tell me… Is chasing some women ‘round Texas more important to you than beating Max Maverick?

Tora Fushimi: I can do both, as far as I’m concerned.

Buffalo Jones: Yeah, you might think that. I’ve thought the very same. But it would really be a shame if you were just half a step slow and ended up taking another loss on PPV.

The body language of Fushimi seems restless. Jones realizes he’s getting through to him, and then shifts gears to appeal to his vanity a bit.

Buffalo Jones: And look, I’m not going to sit here and act like this match isn’t big for me too. Being in this spot means the world to me. And to be quite honest, I’m relying on you, Tora. You’re a rare talent and being in there against two guys like Maverick and McMichaels, I’m going to need everything I can get out of you, just to have a chance.

The uneasiness subsides from Fushimi, and he seems to be coming around to Jones’ appeal.

Tora Fushimi: Well, when you put it like that… fine, I’ll bring my a-game to the PPV for your sake. After all, I am a people pleaser, and I couldn’t live with myself if I just let you go out there and ruin your reputation.

Both guys show a knowing smile to one another. Buffalo knowing he got through to Tora, and Tora knowing that Buffalo genuinely sees something in him.

Douglas Watson: Well, glad you chaps were able to hash that out. Mr. Jones, you have my word that Tora will be in tip-top shape at Last Man Standing. We won’t let you down!

Buffalo Jones: Thank you very much, Douglas. I’ve got to head out and catch a flight now. As I mentioned, I’ll be poring over some footage of Maverick and McMichaels, and if I find anything that stands out in their game, I’ll forward that info to you. I feel pretty good about our chances, as long as the superstar here keeps his head on straight.

Jones winks at Tora and gives him a swift pat in the midsection, which of course causes the banged up Fushimi to tense up in pain. Fushimi glares at Jones, while Jones simply smiles back. Jones walks out of the room and closes the door behind him, leaving Tora and Douglas behind. Both men stare at the closed door for a moment and after a moderate pause, Tora finally breaks the silence.

Tora Fushimi: That guy is a real nutcase, isn't he Dougie?

Watson glances over to his client.

Douglas Watson: Yeah, he might be. But he just may also be the perfect guy to get you to the next level...

Tora looks up at Doug, and lightly nods his head. Deep down he knows it’s the truth. And on that note, the scene fades to black.