Starrcast files trademark for former AWA event name "SuperClash"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
starrcast-5-logo-square.jpg

Starrcast has filed to trademark the term "SuperClash" for wrestling purposes.

SuperClash was a series of wrestling events promoted by the AWA in 1985, 1987, 1988, and 1990. The first AWA SuperClash took place on September 28, 1985, from Chicago's Comiskey Park. The event featured Ric Flair defending the NWA World Heavyweight Championship against Magnum T.A, The Road Warriors vs. The Fabulous Freebirds, and Rick Martel defending the AWA World Championship against Stan Hansen.

Conrad Thompson's company submitted the filing on September 7. It comes one month after they filed to trademark the term 'Southwest Championship Wrestling,' which was the name of a promotion owned by Joe Blanchard out of San Antonio from 1978 to 1985.

The purposes of the SuperClash trademark are listed as "Entertainment in the nature of wrestling contests; Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibits and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer; Providing wrestling news and information via a global computer network; Providing online interviews featuring professional wrestling and sports entertainers in the field of professional wrestling and sports entertainment for entertainment purposes." As well as "Hats; Shirts; Bandanas; Shirts and short-sleeved shirts; Sweatshirts; Hooded sweatshirts."

Thompson alluded to having a "master plan" that he has yet to unveil during an episode of My World with Jeff Jarrett last month.

"You and I talked about this over a year ago," Thompson said to Jarrett. "I said, 'no, I'm not doing wrestling, I'm not promoting wrestling, I'm not negotiating finishes, I don't want to be involved in the politics.' I like my lane but this opportunity [Ric Flair's Last Match] presented itself. The real story that we're not talking about, we will tell you one day, but this is part of a bigger master plan, and no it does not involve Ric Flair wrestling again but the entrepreneur brain kicked off and I saw an opportunity for Sunday and I said, 'if I don't do it, I'll wonder what if, so let's do it.' We rolled the dice, I couldn't be more tickled with the results."

Reactions: Marty McFourth

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They going to book Jerry Lawler's "last match"?