AMA Standard Tag-Team Match - Mayday

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
amamay41.png

Ranked Exhibition
Tag-Team Match
"The Immaculate" Tora Fushimi and Brian Zewbowski vs. "The Ace" Max Maverick and Tetsuo Ishii

XWFFushimi-1.png
XWFHumanity-2.png
VS.
XWFMaverick-1.png
XWFJunk-1.png

#TagTeamExhibition

Deadlines
Remember that role-plays are to be received no later than 11:59 PM EST on Monday, May 10th, 2021.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Saturday, May 15th, 2021
Nashville, TN

The scene opens up inside an extravagant-looking steakhouse in Nashville, Tennessee. Max Maverick is seated at a booth, dressed to the nines with some oversized aviator shades and a loud, colorful suit like only he can; a waiter is pouring him a glass of red wine. Max brings the glass up near his nose to take it in before taking a sip, and then he sets the glass down. Standing by the booth is his bodyguard, Solomon Black, with both hands folded in front of him and dressed to the nines as well.

“Where is this idiot?! Huh? I told him the time and the place where to meet, and he’s late! Who does this guy think he is?”

Max snaps his finger and his sister, who is also his agent, comes over.

“What is it, Maxxy?”

“Chelsea, little sis, please, if you can, find out where this buffoon is at. My time is valuable, and I prefer it not to be wasted.”

“Of course, Maxxy.”

Chelsea gets her cell phone out and starts dialing as she walks off-screen. Max takes another sip before leaning back.

“Are you rolling, Chester?”

“Yes, Mr. Maverick, sir.”

“Good, I may as well make the most of this time since this jabroni Tetsuo Ishii wants to waste it. Speaking of that fool, I hope that wherever he is, he’s watching, or he eventually sees this. You see, I was feeling generous. I wanted to share my wealth of knowledge and discuss strategy with this man, but he doesn’t even bother to show up on time. I’m supposed to team with this man against Tortellini Noodle and Brad Zewbowski.”

“Uh sir, it’s Tora Fushimi and Brian Zewbowski.”

“That’s what I said Chester, don’t worry about what I say; you just focus on working the camera as I speak my mind, okay?”

The camera moves up and down as Chester nods.

“Good, anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, I’m supposed to team with this man Tetsuo Ishii, and he can’t even show up on time. Do you know what that says to me? It tells me that he isn’t taking this seriously. It also says to me that he sees this as nothing more than some joke. Well, this isn’t some joke. All I know is that this moron better not even cost us this match. He won’t find it so funny when I’m slapping the taste out of his mouth!”

Max leans forward and finishes off his wine, and just as quickly as he polished it off, the waiter returns and refills the glass for him.

“Anyway, enough about him. I am moving on to Tora Fushimi, who seems to have this fascination with me. He can’t seem to fathom that I want absolutely nothing to do with him, but no matter how many times I have told him off, or however many times I have humiliated him, he just won’t give up. Tora, get it through your thick skull; I don’t want to be your friend. I get it; I understand why you want to be around me, why you even want to emulate me, I do get it, but that doesn’t change the fact that I want nothing to do with you.”

“I don’t care how many times it’ll take for me to drop you on your head to get you to understand that. Do you think that just because you tried to help Brian and me after that attack by the three stooges that I’m suddenly going to be your friend? Did you expect a thank you? I told you before, and I’ll tell you again, Tora, I didn’t ask for your help, nor did I need your help, and even if I did need help, I wouldn’t want it from you. Remember when I told you that if the shoe was on your foot and if you were the one being assaulted for no reason that I wouldn’t help you? I bet you thought that I’d have a change of heart, but you were sadly mistaken because there was no way that I would help you and stick my nose in business that doesn’t concern me. That beating you took at the hands of those sideshow freaks was a valuable lesson you learned; you should be thanking me, Tora. You shouldn’t be thanking me just for that; oh no, you should be thanking you for putting your name on the map after Maiden Voyage.”

Max takes another sip of his wine as he leans back while keeping the glass in his hand.

“We had the most talked-about match on the show, all thanks to me obviously, and if it weren’t for me, Tora, you’d still be some curtain jerker somewhere while being paid with a hotdog and handshake. I made you, and just as easily as I did that, I will break you. You and your new friend, Brian. The man with some sort of split personality or whatever. Brian probably thinks he’s hot stuff now that he got a win over me; big deal Brian. You got lucky Brian, all that was was a fluke. If it weren’t for that dumb idiot Tora Fushimi at ringside, sticking his ugly face in business that it doesn’t belong in, I would’ve won. You won’t be so lucky this time, Brian. You can count on that.”

Max removes his shades as he leans forward and places the glass down on the table, then he puts his hands on the table and brings them together.

“I don’t care if you have a split personality or if you’re possessed by a demon or bozo the clown; it doesn’t matter to me, Brian. Do you think that’s supposed to scare me? Please, I’ve been around the block. I’ve seen everything there is to see in this business, so if you think that your freakshow act scares me then you’re as stupid as you look. I’ll smack you upside your head, maybe that’ll knock some sense into you.”

“Come Mayday, I’m going to right the wrong and I’m going to beat you, and I’m going to beat Tora Fushimi again. Even if I have to do it on my own due to the incompetence of the man I’m supposed to be teaming with, I will do just that because I am THE Ace and you’re not!”

Max leans back and takes yet another sip of his win as Chelsea returns.

“Maxxy, I think I may have found where this Ishii is at.”

She shows him a video on her phone where it’s Tetsuo Ishii in an entirely different location talking to his camera.

“What the hell is this?! Where the hell is he?!”

He gets his own phone, finds the streaming video and starts typing in the chat, speaking aloud as he types.

“Where in the hell are you at you stupid idiot?! Get your worthless ass over here now!”

Just then Max’s steak is served by a waiter as Max puts his phone away.

“Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous! Turn the camera off Chester!”

Max begins to angrily cut into his steak as the scene abruptly cuts out and ends.​

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
- Edgar Allen Poe

Part II
Unto The Wicked

3000.jpeg

Sleepy Oak Sanitarium, Sleepy Oak, Minnesota, June 30th, 2045

*Walking through a corridor at the infamous Sleepy Oak Sanitarium are two men; our first is a familiar face, Father Patrick Remus. He wears more casual attire as the summer heat strikes the city hard. He silently blesses the Lord for the invention of air conditioning as he wipes a bead of sweat from his brow. He is being led by a tall, lanky gentleman of African descent, walking towards a commons area. He lets Father Remus enter the room and we hear a drone of a television. It sounds as though someone is speaking, commentating on something. Remus looks out into the room, and there is but a single person in the room by himself.*

Brian: Father, it is a pleasure to see you again.

*The familiar voice shoots out, catching the attention of Father Remus. It is of course Brian Zewbowski, the person of Father Remus's interest.*

Father Remus: Of course, my son. I-- I felt it would be good to see you again.

*Brian is seated in a chair, hooked up with several machines and an intravenous bag. He's watching old tapes of wrestling, particularly that from his early days. His lips are twisted into a smiling visage and he rubs his chin inquisitively as he watches his youth fly by him like that.*

Brian: You certainly came at a good time. I was just reminiscing about some wrestling.

Father Remus: Is that so, Brian?

*Brian ushers Father Remus closer and motions him to the seat next to him. Father Remus kindly sits and watches a young Brian on the television screen. He looks so fluid, so smooth, as he puts on a technical bout. The old Brian simply smiles.*
Brian: I used to be so good in that match, I tell you. Those really were the days.

Father Remus: What caused all of this, if I may ask?

*Brian quietly thinks for a few seconds; it is a solitary moment of introspection if you will.*

Brian: Oh, well... I was just reminded of a match I had many years ago. It was Max Maverick and Tetsuo Ishii going up against Tora Fushimi and me. It was quite an interesting match. I shouldn't spoil how it ended, of course, that would be rude of me. Sometimes though, I must admit, it felt like I was the least important person in that place.

Father Remus: How do you mean?

Brian: "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players; they have their entrances and their exits..." Do you know Shakespeare, Father?

Father Remus: I must admit, it has been some time since I last read Shakespeare, my son.

*There's a small silence that pervades the room save for the white noise of the television, playing Brian's matches.*

Brian: Well, to us wrestlers, that ring is our stage. We are its players, and as Shakespeare says, we have our entrances and our exits. I always thought about it, you know. When my next exit would be... I had made so many beforehand. Sometimes I was never sure when it would be my last. Later on in my career... I became bitter towards those younger than me, those who at the time I perceived as having no respect for wrestling. In truth, it was me just pushing my problems onto others...

Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee, May 16, 2021

*The scene opens in Brian's private locker room, as he stretches and prepares for his tag match tonight. Sarah DuBois sits on the bench, a smile on her face as she watches Brian get ready. Brian finishes up and sighs, slinking into the bench and looking off into space.*

Brian: Tag matches... No matter how many times I'm in them, I never get used to it.

*Sarah leans over and looks up at Brian with a raised eyebrow.*

Sarah: What do you mean? You're one of the best tag-team wrestlers ever, Brian!

Brian: That was when I was with Syn or Nightmare. When it's me and another person I can't trust, it's... difficult. I never know when I'm being set up. Toru Fushimi, he's the same as everyone else. He's in it for himself. If it furthers his career, he would absolutely turn against me at the drop of a hat. That's how everyone is, nowadays. Nobody has any sense of honor, no sense of selflessness. Ishii, Maverick, and especially Fushimi... they're about themselves. Never about others. Maverick is always trying to prove he's the best. He would be the best if he focused on training and getting better, instead of tending to his bruised ego every time he's knocked down. I know Maverick better than anybody... he's me from my younger days when I was hungry to prove I was worth something. I cheated, I scratched, and I clawed my way by using every trick in the book. Where did it get me? Nowhere. I was still in the same spot I was when I started.

*Brian taps the bench's wood angrily. He's getting into a mood that reflects badly on himself, something Sarah notices.*

Brian: Then there's that Ishii. That Tetsuo Ishii... What is his problem anyway? He acts the fool and goes out there to make the crowd laugh. Is that the only way he can feel good about himself? Is he truly so alone that he feels that laughter in wrestling is what makes him alive? Is that truly fulfilling to him? While I busted my ass off taking glass in the face, barbed wire to the back, and thumbtacks everywhere in-between. It's disgusting. It's like spitting on the legacy of me and so many others around him. He gets laughs while I bleed and my body breaks every night. Damn him; thinking everything is like a game. Acting like life is nothing but one big joke.

Brian: And how about my own partner? Do you know about Fushimi? I'll tell you about Fushimi; he's an egoist. He cares about himself and that's it. His marriage? It didn't even last six months. My marriage at least lasted a decade in change. Then he forms his own musical group that fails because he can't even see that he needs others to be successful too? Damn him; he's a slimy backstabbing bastard. He sees this business as a stepping stone to success for him. He doesn't have any respect for what this business means to people like me. I live in this business. My father lived in this business. I grew up knowing the ins-and-outs, the secrets, the world of wrestling *is* my life. I have no future outside this business. For a man like him, who has ruined everything he's walked upon, to come in here and think he can be successful? No sir. I'll show him what success looks like! I'll show him... I'll win this match by myself. All of them... They're all so damn selfish. It makes me sick.

*Sarah frowns and crosses her arms at Brian. She's unimpressed with the way he acts sometimes, and this is one of those times. She can tell Brian projects his own failures onto these people. She stands up to him and looks him dead in the eye, without an ounce of backing down.*

Sarah: And what about you, Brian? You've never been selfish in your entire life?

*Brian's head swings and twists to look her way, a flash of anger stirs in his face, but he stops short. He thinks about the things he's done in his own past. Selfish things. He tried for so long to be the one to make himself the best ever, even going so far as to bring a bomb into the ring at one time. He's hurt, maimed, and nearly retired people in his quest to be known. Perhaps most selfish was the damage he put his body through during his independent days, the alcoholism, and the suffering he put his own wife and child through. That was a selfish and weak Brian... but this is not the current Brian. This Brian is a new man, one who has come to accept the burden he carries.*
Brian: ... I know my faults. I know I've done things that are regrettable. I'm a different man though. I'm not like them...

*Sarah sighs and wraps her arms around Brian. Brian puts a hand on her head and holds her close.*

Sarah: You just can't call every person selfish, Brian. Everyone has moments of selfishness, even me...

*Brian sighs and nods. He knows what Sarah means. It's thanks to her that he's become a better man, even if he falls victim to his shortcomings sometimes. To him, Sarah is what makes him a better person. He still can't shake this awful feeling though.*

Brian: I know, Sarah, but they're so full of ego, so full of self-aggrandization. They know nothing of being humble. They don't know what it's like to be nothing.

Sarah: You aren't "nothing", Brian. You're somebody. Somebody important to me.

Brian: Thank you... but I must go to this match alone. I can only believe in myself right now. I have to keep a watch of my enemies and my partner. I don't trust them any further than I can throw them... even if "he" tells me to trust every once in a while.

*Sarah rolls her eyes and pats Brian on the shoulder.*

Sarah: Oh yes, your little "friend" telling you to trust more.

Brian: I'm not so sure I believe him myself, sometimes. But... he showed me what I needed to see. He and I have come to more of an understanding.

*Brian turns his head and looks down at the book beside him. That horrible thing of dread continues to spew an aura of death and despair, eternally running through Brian's body. He knows the truth now; doom has come to earth, and Brian is among the only men who can save it.*

Father Remus: I... see, my son. I must admit, this is incredibly fascinating.

Brian: Indeed... but that isn't what you're here for, Father; is it? You're perhaps more interested in that little "understanding" that this thing and I came to.

Father Remus: Ah... well...

*Brian pulls from his personage the book; that horrible thing: Mundi Deglutiens. Father Remus stares at it, clearly terrified of whatever it actually is. Brian merely glances at it and raises it up so Father Remus can see it better.*

Brian: You want to know more about the book.

Father Remus: ... I'm understandably curious about what happened next to you.

Brian: Well- I remember telling you about "him" telling me to go revisit Sleepy Oak Old Town, right?

"Old Town", Sleepy Oak, Minnesota, April 30, 2021

*Sleepy Oak's "Old Town"... a classical district of the city named for being the original site of the town's founding. We have the nostalgic and noir feeling, buildings built between the 1890s and 1920s. In this locale are historical buildings such as the Scott Anderson Historical House, the Sleepy Oak Municipal Arena (home of the 16x NCAA Champion Sleepy Oak University Ice Hockey Team, known as the Centurions), and the Sleepy Oak Sanitarium. In this low-income-based part of the city, crime and poverty are fairly common, though steps in the 21st Century have led to a major decrease in crime since 1985. Down Wallington Street, the business area of "Old Town", we see Brian Zewbowski walking, with Sarah Zewbowski in tow. Brian wears a Slayer t-shirt, dark blue jeans, and black boots; he also carries a bag that is wrapped around him. Sarah wears a nice little t-shirt and jean combo, alongside Chuck Taylor shoes.* They pass several classic Sleepy Oak storefronts, Eddie's Cafe (run by the Eddie family since 1936), Mason Jewelers, and Louie's Furniture. Brian sighs and looks around at the quiet-ish street. Few pedestrians and cars pass by during the mid-day sprawl.*

Sarah: This place looks pretty ancient if you ask me!

Brian: That's because Sleepy Oak is over 150 years old. A lot of these buildings have been standing since the Second Industrial Revolution.

Sarah: No wonder. You'd think they'd remodel these buildings after a while to give it a new look.

Brian: No need to. As long as they're structurally sound, they don't need to fix them. I'm just wondering what the hell we're looking for...

*The voice in Brian's head whispers. It tells Brian something seemingly incoherent. Brian rubs the bridge of his nose and eyes.*

Humanity: You're definitely close. You just need to look down.

Brian: Wah-? Look down?​

*Brian shows a confused look as he peers across his surroundings. He's not sure what the hell the thing means by "looking down". Sarah taps Brian on the shoulders and points towards a street corner.*

Sarah: They've even got basement shops. What do you know? This town really is old, isn't it?

Humanity: Man, she figured it out faster than you.​

*Brian rolls his eyes and bursts a quick comment out loud.*

Brian: Oh shut it-

Sarah: Eh?

Brian: N-nothing. I just- I never noticed that before. Let's take a look.

Sarah: We're really going to check it out?

Brian: It might be what I'm looking for...​

*Brian crosses the street, with Sarah following closely after. He looks down the dilapidated stairway, made of cement and stone. He glances over to the worn and barely legible sign screwed to the wall: "Harvey Brenton, P.I." Brian ponders for a few moments and thinks to himself. He wonders if this is really what he should be doing. He has this horrible feeling that he should turn around and leave and never come back. But the voice in his head speaks.*

Humanity: It's the right place, Brian. You must go down there. We must go.

Brian: Alright... Sarah, let's go.

Sarah: We're really going in there? I'm not so sure.

Brian: I know what you mean...​

*Brian and Sarah edge their way down the steps of this place. They notice the door next to it appears to be of Neo-Gothic design. Brian slowly clasps the door handle and wriggles it open. As it slides open, we're introduced to a small smoke-filled hallway. A standing coat hanger lies in the corner and older music from the late '40s pervades through the smoke. Brian and Sarah step forward curiously and look around the hallway. Brian turns to look at one of the portraits in the hallway... and he notices something that nearly turns his skin white. His anxiety spiked at the sight of that thing which he couldn't believe... it was the man from the library! This photograph looks to be of a younger version of the man he witnessed in the library... Brian turned as a door in the hallway opened, and out came... him. The man from the library, though visibly the age he was when Brian had met him before. Sarah and Brian look at him as he smokes a cigarette and wears a suit of velvet; he is also wearing round-glasses with a horn rim. He looks at the two and chuckles to himself.*

???: What can I do for you two? Are you looking for something?

Brian: Ah... w-well you see...

Humanity: Show him the book, Brian. He's on our side.​

*Brian shifts and slowly reaches into the bag he's holding. From the bag comes the damned book: Mundi Deglutiens. The man glances at it, his smirk wiping away quickly and piercing Brian with a deathly serious aura.*

???: Right... You come with me, I'll have to ask the lady to stay behind. I know what he's here for.

Sarah: Alright, I understand. I'll wait here, Brian.​

*The man nods his head to Sarah and motions for Brian to enter the room he had come from. Brian enters into what appears to be a private office, filled with newspaper clippings of strange happenings throughout Sleepy Oak and other occult matters. A shelf stands full of occult books and other supernatural texts. The man closes the door behind him and takes a few puffs from his cigarette.*

???: The name is Harvey Brenton. I'm your ally here. You must be one of Mortis's vessels.

Brian: W-wha?​

*Brian's confused demeanor shifts as his eyes go from bright blue to dim brown. He stands tall and the neutral expression on his face shows that it is Humanity in control for that moment. The two are now switching control one at a time... Harvey is not impressed or shaken by this occurrence, seemingly used to it already.*

Humanity: Correct. It's been a while, hasn't it Harvey.

Harvey: Indeed. The last time we met, it was in that jam with the SSI and the Karban'chi... Time really flies.

Brian: So you two know each other...

Harvey: Of course, my good man. I've known Mortis for decades. But... I admit, if you two are in possession of the Mundi Deglutiens, then the situation is dire. I thought I destroyed that book long ago.

Humanity: We collected it from you in the past... well, another past.

Harvey: *puffing from his cigarette* I see, was the world destroyed?

Humanity: You were dying, Harv.​

*Harvey takes one last inhalation from his cigarette before putting it out in a used ashtray. He sighs and walks to his desk, sitting back and pondering for some time.*

Harvey: ...Then it was good we kept Ammar from getting that book. I guess he's on the move, is it?​

Brian: Mortis... Ammar... what is going on here? I keep hearing these names and still don't know what any of this means.

Humanity: Now isn't the time, Brian.

*Harvey leans forward, resting his elbows on the desk and thinking for a bit before speaking up in objection to what Humanity, whom Harvey calls Mortis, has said.*

Harvey: I think now is the perfect, time, Mortis. I see Mortis never told you the whole story, er, Brian, was it? You need to listen carefully. Maybe you've realized it by now, or perhaps you haven't; you Brian, are part of something big. We're all part of something big. It's the end of the world if we fail. This town is the center of it as well.

*Brian looks off into the distance, he sighs and shakes his head. Silence has taken him once again and he clutches the book tight.*
Brian: Forgive me, Father... It escapes me at the moment, the feeling to speak. If you come back, I'll tell you more... I cannot re-tell what he said at this time. It simply is not catching me... I'm sorry.

Father Remus: It is okay, my son... what you have told me thus far... almost unbelievable.

Brian: You know it to be true though, don't you... You have a feeling in your mind that it's true.

*Father Remus stands up, a nervous sweat running down his face, and he nods to Brian, beginning to walk away.*

Father Remus: I... I better leave you to your nostalgia, Brian. I will return to hear more of your story.

*Father Remus exits the room, leaving Brian to himself. Brian stares down at the Mundi Deglutiens book and looks off into the distance again. His mind is clearly somewhere else, thinking about his past. One must wonder what the horrible truth is.*

Last edited:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
The Life and Times of Tora Fushimi
Episode 3: “The People’s Choice?”

Scene 1

We come upon Tora Fushimi seated on a bench in a locker room. He’s all dressed in his ring gear, he’s gleaming with sweat, and he has his head in his phone, scrolling away. All of the sudden, the sound of a door flying open! Rushing into the scene in a state of panic is Tora’s high strung agent, the endearing Douglas Watson.

Douglas Watson: Tora! My goodness, man, what are you doing!?

Tora is caught completely off guard by Watson’s frantic entrance into his locker room. He seems to be confused as to what the problem is.

Tora Fushimi: Uh, I’m checking my Instagram, dude. The fans online are going absolutely crazy for me. Did you see what I just did out there?

At this point, Douglas is scrambling all over the locker room, collecting Tora’s belongings and hastily stuffing them into a duffle bag.

Douglas Watson: Yes I saw that you did out there which is I’m so confused as to why you’re just sitting here hanging about! We need to get out of here!

Tora shoots him a perplexed look.

Tora Fushimi: Why’s that, Dougie?

Douglas stops his distressed packing to look directly at Tora.

Douglas Watson: Are you joking me? You have three very pissed off and very intimidating men in this arena who I’m pretty sure are going to be looking for you and trying to tear you apart! Now, me personally, I’m not interested in being bashed to a pulp, so I say we get the hell out of this town immediately!

Tora laughs. Douglas immediately goes back to gathering the last of his things.

Tora Fushimi: Oh, them? Dougie, you saw me out there. I was in the zone, man! Like, I’ve never been so on top of my game in my entire life… and that’s saying something! Those guys, whoever they are, I think they got the message that I’m not to be trifled with!

Though Tora is big chilling, Douglas is ready to hit the bricks. He grabs a shirt that’s hanging from a locker door and starts pulling it over Tora’s head, dressing his own client because he’s not interested in waiting to see what’s about to happen.

Douglas Watson: Well look, Tora, as much as I’d love to stand around here and pat you on the back, we’ll have plenty of time for that later. Right now, we’re leaving. I’ve got the Uber waiting outside the arena, so we need to GO GO GO!

Douglas grabs Tora by the arm and pulls him up. He grabs the duffle bag in his other hand, and drags Tora behind him out of the locker room. Unbothered by all this, Tora continues to type away on his phone as he is being yanked out of the room, as if he has not a worry in the world about anything but the adoration he’s receiving on social media. With Douglas and Tora both out of sight and taking off down the hallway, we hear Douglas still nagging Tora as they make their way out of the arena.

Douglas Watson: I swear you’re bloody mental, mate!

And with that this scene fades to black…

Scene 2

The next scene opens up in a dark room, looking at the back of two figures. It’s Tora Fushimi and Douglas Watson once again. They’re seated in a small theater, likely the home theater of Fushimi himself. Playing on the big screen in front of them is the steel cage match between Tetsuo Ishii and Graves. Douglas, with a remote control in hand, presses pause just after Ishii delivers a swift kick to Graves’ family jewels. He freezes on a frame of Graves gripping his grapefruits, agony etched on his face.

Douglas Watson: Now, like I was saying, this Ishii bloke is not by any means above going for cheap shots. And you already know that Max Maverick is going to do whatever it takes to win the match. Next we’re going to see how Ishii leverages his power game as he lawndarts Graves into the steel cage. You’re giving up a lot of weight to this guy, so I think the game plan has to be to stick and move!

Douglas presses play again, but pauses it on a shot of Ishii. Douglas looks over to see Tora not paying any attention whatsoever. He’s staring into his phone with a smile, completely blocking out everything Douglas is staying.

Douglas Watson: TORA!

Tora nearly jumps out of his seat, fumbling his phone for a second before catching it. He looks at Douglas with a shocked expression, holding a hand over his heart.

Tora Fushimi: What the hell Dougie??

Douglas Watson: Are you seriously not going to pay any attention to this?

Tora holds his hands up, confused.

Tora Fushimi: Pay attention? To what? Aren’t you just watching Downton Abbey again?

Douglas is fed up. He pinches the bridge of his nose between his eyes and sighs.

Douglas Watson: No, I’m not watching Downton Abbey, I’m watching Ishii vs. Graves from Under Pressure, because I thought it would be good to do a little scouting of your sodding opponents! And what exactly are you doing? On Instagram again, I presume?

Tora Fushimi: Well… yeah. I mean, I’ve got to connect with my fans right?

Douglas Watson: Of course, Tora, but as I’ve told you a million times before, the wrestling comes first. You need to win matches to keep your job. You lose your spot here in AMA and all that lovely fan interaction goes away!

Tora tucks the phone in his pocket as Douglas has appealed to his sensibilities.

Tora Fushimi: Okay, I hear you Dougie. So let’s talk about my next match then. You’ve got 5 minutes of my time!

Tora leans back, crosses his legs, and stares attentively at Douglas. Douglas stares at Tora with a sneer.

Douglas Watson: 5 minutes? Are you serious, mate? I’ve been breaking down this bloody match for the past 25 minutes already, you’re going to need a lot more time than that to get a good grip on this Ishii fellow, and that’s not even counting Max Maverick, plus your partner Brian Zewbowski!

Tora Fushimi: Okay, well first of all, I’m a busy man, Dougie! You know this! Secondly, I know all about Max Maverick and I’m going to let you know: I’ve got his number! He may have got lucky against me once but I’m a new man now, Dougie! And Zewbowski? That guy is a weirdo, but I got a good hard look at him last show when I was on commentary, and I know that as long as he knows his role and lets me handle business, we’ll be fine. As for this guy…

Tora gestures towards the screen.

Tora Fushimi: Well, I don’t know who this guy is, but he’s no Tora Fushimi, I'll you that much! Dougie, I’m a hero to thousands - no - millions of adoring fans now! And I’m on a whole new level since Under Pressure where I took on 4 men all by myself, and you know what happened? I won the damn match. That’s right. Just like you’re always squawking at me about. So maybe give me a little more credit, alright?

Douglas throws his hands up exasperatedly.

Douglas Watson: Ohhhh well pardon me, sir, I didn’t realize you had won A match. I guess winning A match is enough to coast off of for the rest of your career, eh? I guess when AMA calls you up and tells you they’ve got to cut you loose because the whole roster has chewed you up and spit you out, you can tell them ‘but wait, don’t remember when I won A match?’. I tell you this as someone who has your best interest in mind, Tora: you need to keep your eyes on the prize. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to see your fanbase growing. I’m glad that you are becoming a certified fan favorite here in AMA, but you can not let it go to your head.

Tora knows Douglas has a point, as much as he doesn’t want to admit.

Tora Fushimi: Errrrgh! Damn it, Dougie, you’re right! Why are you always right!?

Douglas Watson: Well I don’t know if I’d say -

Tora Fushimi: Fine! You’ve talked me into it. I’ll watch this match, and I’ll watch whatever else you’ve got if you think it’s what I need to do to stay on top. But can I just ask one thing of you?

Douglas Watson: I suppose...

Tora reaches into his pocket and pulls out his phone, handing it to Douglas.

Tora Fushimi: Get a picture of me flipping this Ishii guy off for my Instagram story. My Lil’ Fushimis will love this!

Douglas takes the phone begrudgingly. Tora jogs up to the front of the theater and poses with two middle fingers right in the face of Ishii on the screen, looking back at the camera with his tongue out. Douglas holds the phone up and snaps the pic, and the promo ends with an Instagram story post of Tora flipping off Ishii on the screen of his home theater with the text “Oops” and a shrug emoji placed over it...

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Perpetual Bliss

Some quaint coffee shop in Nashville, Tennessee

Tetsuo Ishii has his headphones plugged into a laptop.

Ishii is sitting a large table, by himself. He has his laptop and other equipment rudely spread across it. He's sporting a white sports coat, with a colorful mix-pattern shirt underneath. He's wearing purple star-shaped sunglasses, indoors. He is loudly humming along to his music, perhaps unaware, perhaps not, that others can obviously hear him . He takes a sip of coffee, and begins to type. The camera loops around him behind his shoulders, and we can now see Ishii's screen. He appears to be running an Ask me Anything on reddit, right now, live.

My name is Tetsuo Ishii, Japanese Wrestling sensation, hottest star in AMA wrestling, Master of Powder, Cage Specialist, Friendship Expert! Ask me Anything!
IshiiBalls: Mushi Mushi! Welcome! This is Tetsuo Ishii live from Nashville! Big fight at MAYDAY! Teamwork time! Ok, so I know a lot of my fans have been dying to talk to me from across the globe. Here is your chance! Ask me anything! GO!

We can hear Ishii furious clicks and him sipping on his coffee.

IshiiStan69: Mushi! Ishii, first of all, I'm a huge fan and have been following your career from my mom's basement since I was 28. My question is: How do you plan on working with Max Maverick. a man known for being very difficult to even be around?

Ishii: :lizlol
I: Are you baka? An idiot?
I: If you were really a fan, you would know that I am two and ZERO. That's ZERO losses! Ishii does not lose! :goku
I: Max Maverick is also a true :pals: ! Any evidence of the contrary is simply
1*sxSDD2sCznnxRMcF-PARdw.gif

IS69: I LOVE YOU!

I: Sayonara simp! Next question!

JabroniMark: Hello Ishii. What are your thoughts on your opponents, Humanity and Tora Fushimi?

I: :heston
tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

I: Humanity is like, another emo sad man yes? I just threw one of those face first into a cage. Maybe he should stay backstage and help the ladies with their perm? Nice hair!
I: Tora is budget Ishii. Simple. Last year he was buying my DVDs after shows in Japan. Shake my hand always, tells me I'm his hero!
I: Now he wants to fight Ishii? BAKA! TRAITOR! There is only one Japanese star and it's Ishii. Tora is...how you say...Kirkland brand Ishii! We winning at MAYDAY because both of them are simply irrelevant! Don't like it?
tenor.gif

Ishii is now furiously click clacking on his keyboard, muttering in Japanese to himself. In his fervor he does not notice his cellphone has been pinging him with notifications notice for a while now.

I: Arigatou! Next!

MMaverick1:
Where in the hell are you at you stupid idiot?! Get your worthless ass over here now!

I: Nani? Troll alert!

Mmaverick1 has been banned from the server
Next!

AMAfan4231: How have you prepared for this match?

I: I am always finding the best training method. Look at last match with the cage, perfect! This time I do secret training with Max soon. Like this:
giphy.gif

I: Arigatou! One more maybe!

MMaverick2 has entered the chat
MM2: Ishii! Baka it's Max! Check your damn phone! We're supposed to be going over strategy!

I: :confused
I :NANI???!

Ishii, in his confusion, screams out the last line in the middle of the coffee shop! He throws off his headphones in a panic, shuffling around for his phone. Once he pulls it out, he slaps his forehead comically.

BAKA!

He slams his laptop screen down and begins to very loudly pack his things. Before the barista could say anything, he was running out the door screaming in Japanese, once again oblivious to his surrounding.

The camera focuses on a sad and confused looking young barista.

You....Didn't pay for that coffee yet...*sigh*

Meanwhile, the AMA on reddit has suddenly ended, much to the dismay of 5 fans.

Ignorance is bliss, and Ishii is bliss as hell!