Stallone & Schwarzenegger Confirmed for ‘The Tomb’

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Last month we reported that Expendables 2 co-stars (and action movie icons) Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger could team up to star in a film called The Tomb, which is basically an action/thriller that has more than a few shades of Fox’s Prison Break TV show in its premise.

Today we can confirm that Stallone and Schwarzenegger will indeed be starring in The Tomb together, along with some further details about the film. Read on to learn more.

Check out the official press release for The Tomb to learn about the plot and what roles Sly and “Ahnuld†will be playing:

THE TOMB follows Ray Breslin (Stallone) who is the world’s foremost authority on structural security. He’s analyzed every high security prison and has gained a vast array of survival skills. But all Ray’s ingenuity and knowledge are about to be put to work in the most challenging test he’s ever faced: escaping from the master prison of his own design.

Schwarzenegger, in the role of Church, plays a complex inmate with multiple shades of grey. He’s the guy who fights to keep the prisoners from losing their humanity in their darkest hour as they struggle together to stay alive.

Any fan of Prison Break should be able to easily recognize the similarities between that show and this film – the difference being, of course, that Prison Break never had the combined star wattage of a powerhouse pairing like Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

Swedish director Mikael Håfström has been confirmed for the director’s chair of The Tomb. Håfström has directed solid genre fare such as Derailed, 1408, and most recently the exorcism thriller The Rite, starring Anthony Hopkins. The script by Miles Chapman (Road House 2) has been re-written by Jason Keller, who scripted the convoluted story for the action/drama biopic Machine Gun Preacher, as well as the upcoming Snow White re-imagining, Mirror Mirror. Not exactly the most assuring of screenwriting resumes, but moving on…

Filming on The Tomb will begin this spring in Louisiana, for a targeted 2013 release date.

Sounds like another movie I want to go see.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
EPIC.

Weird coincidence that Arnie's character has the same name as Bruce Willis's in The Expendables.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
EPIC.

Weird coincidence that Arnie's character has the same name as Bruce Willis's in The Expendables.

Damn, I was going to say that the minute I read it.

On a side note, I just came...again.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
After waiting basically my entire childhood for a movie where Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger would team up, I ended up entering adulthood a disappointed, broken man. It wasn’t until 2010’s The Expendables that the two titans of my childhood would even appear in the same movie, and in that case Arnie just showed up for like thirty seconds and didn’t really do anything. It was kind of a slap in the face. Things might be different once The Expendables 2 comes out this summer; it’s a much more legitimate all-star gathering of action heroes than the first film, and Schwarzenegger is said to have a much more expanded role than he did in the first. But seeing as that first film was so boring and ended up being yet another disappointment, I’m not going to get my hopes up.

The Tomb though, now this is a movie that I’m willing to start naively anticipating. This one doesn’t just sound like the big Sly/Arnie team-up flick that I’ve always dreamed of, but it’s also the sort of dumb prison movie that I grew up loving. Stallone is set to star as Ray Breslin, basically the best guy in the world when it comes to designing prisons. That’s a good sign right there. The star of any action movie should always be the best in the world at something. But it gets better; this film sees him getting thrown in a prison of his own design and needing to figure out how to escape a trap that he himself created. How metaphorical.

Schwarzenegger is playing the role of Church, a fellow inmate who sounds like more of an anti-hero than Sly’s character, but who apparently ends up helping him in his attempts to escape. That’s a big, cool concept for an action movie with a big, cool cast, but it turns out things get even better. Every good action movie needs a smarmy villain you can hate, and in prison movies that means an asshole warden; and The Tomb has cast a doozy.

According to producer Mark Canton, “[Jim] Caviezel will be playing the role of the Warden of the prison in which Schwarzenegger & Stallone attempt to escape from.” Damn him and his handsome face and piercing eyes! I can just picture how smug and smarmy he’s going to be already. I can’t wait until one of these beefy olds guys gets the chance to knock his rotten block off. As far as I’m concerned, The Tomb can’t get here soon enough.

Now this looks like it could be getting even better with Caviezel in it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Has anyone ever seen that Caviezel movie "Outlander"? It was fucking awesome.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
No I haven't. It looks good though. I still want to watch his show in tv but keep forgetting to watch it.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
No I haven't. It looks good though. I still want to watch his show in tv but keep forgetting to watch it.

Person of Interest is pretty good, more for Michael Emerson than Caviezel. Seriously though, Outlander is amazing.