*SPOILERS* TNA Impact Wrestling Tapings for 1/31/13 - Steel Cage Main Event

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
1/31 IMPACT Episode
TNA taped the steel cage match from Manchester between Mr. Anderson and Kurt Angle first. Angle won a great match back and forth before a masked Aces and Eights member attacked angle and revealed himself to be Garett Biscoff. Wes Briscoe came for the save and turned himself revealing another Aces and Eights jacket.

Impact then taped their opening. Bad Influence dressed as Scotsmen in kilts and bragged about beating Jeff Hardy up but lost due to Hardys' face paint being toxic. They were ran off by Magnus (huge pop) who then challenged Devon as part of Open Fight Night. D.O.C and the former Mike Knox came down. Magnus threw all of them over the top rope and posed as Aces and Eights retreated.

Earl Hebner came out next to huge heat. UK fans are huge Bret fans.

Joseph Park came out to a huge pop for Open Fight Night and calls out .... but before he has chance to say who, Robbie E. interrupts. He rips the UK crowd before teasing a stare down with Robbie T, who seems offended. The match between Park and Robbie E was fun. The crowd was very involved. Parks won with a big splash! Fun match.

Austin Aries out next, accompanied by Bobby Roode. There was huge pop for Aries and they had to rip the crowd for heat. He called out Chavo Guerrero with the stip that he beats him, then he and Roode get a tag title shot. Massive Austin Aries chants. It should be interesting to see how this is edited for the TV show. Aries wins to a huge pop.

Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan out next. Bully is over huge as a face. Big, big pop. Bully asks for his suspension to be lifted. He called Hulk Hogan family and said they have a common enemy. Bully called out Sting out to appeal to Hogan. Sting comes out to a massive pop. Huge respect for Sting. Sting calls Hogan out. Biggest pop of the night as the Hulkster comes down. Bully opens the ropes for Hogan. Sting asks Hogan to side with him and Bully against aces. Hogan says he did the right thing for Brooke walking her down the aisle and will do the right thing again and reinstates Bully. Hogan announces next week it's Aces and Eights vs. Sting and Bully Ray in a tables match.

Velvet Sky calls out Tara and Jessie. James Storm comes down to make it a tag match. Storm gets a great reaction and it's a shame TNA can't get out of Orlando more with live crowds Like tonight. There is a pedigree by Sky for the win.

*RVD faced Kenny King and Zema Ion in a three-way. RVD was the crowd favorite and match started with big RVD chants. This was a great match with all three hitting their spots. There were TNA chants from the crowd. RVD hits a frog splash on Kenny but pinned the already down Ion for the win.
Outside of the cage match which I presume will be the main event despite it being taped first, nothing else on this show seems that interesting. I'll likely give it a watch though to see how the crowd looks and reacts to the show because it looked pretty impressive from pics i've seen.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Yeah the shows from there are actually fun to watch because there is an actual wrestling crowd there.

Have to pop for Magnus getting a good role on the show even if it is only because he is back home. TNA really need to come up with something big for him. The matches on the show don't seem that interesting, mainevent should be alright but I am more looking forward to the tables match for next week.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Seems pretty average but the crowd will make it better. Anderson and Angle had a great cage match a couple years ago so I'm interested in this one.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Decent show, TNA"s building on some pretty good things. Daniels/Kaz were hilarious in the opening segment. Roode/Aries continue to be the best part of the show. The rest was pretty skipable until the end of the cage match which was actually enjoyable. I still don't have much of an opinion on Brisco, though he does have a good look, so I don't have much to say about him, but I can already tell I'll enjoy Garett more as a heel than as a face because at least now I'm supposed to dislike him.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Doesn't sound good imo, I watched Sons of anarchy and don't want to see the TNA ripoff taint that show anymore.