*Spoilers* Daniel Bryan YES! NO!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At SummerSlam everything seemed to go right for Daniel Bryan. He was wrestling in the mainevent, against the top name in the business and it was for the WWE Championship. He won the match clean and it was an incredible moment that many doubted would ever happen. Then HHH turned on him and Orton cashed in his MITB briefcase to win the title. Massive up and down to close the show but how should Daniel Bryan be booked going forward.

During his feud with Cena he was shown to be a wrestling machine. Vince kept testing him and they kept bringing up the fact that he wasn't what they looked for in WWE Champions due to his size. It was built so well, especially that last promo by Cena and Bryan, and the payoff was worth it for the few minutes it lasted for. This is obviously all part of the bigger picture but how do you book Bryan going forward and does he get that WWE title back?

He is obviously facing off with Orton and the whole McMahon family who are doing all they can to prevent him from ever winning the title again. He has to battle against this group and hopefully he will find some allies along the way to help him in that quest.

Does he get a rematch immediately at Night of Champions or do you hold off that rematch until later in the year and instead Bryan has to face all those that the McMahons can throw at him before getting a title shot again? Does he get his rematch at NOC and then lose it due to some dusty finish and have to work back up the card again before winning the belt back? Do you save his big win until something like the Rumble or Wrestlemania next year? Does he ever win back the title from Orton?

How do you see this unfolding and what are your thoughts on how he has been booked so far during this big push?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
As far as booking, I would have him lose at NoC, and do the whole "you are back down at the bottom of the card" story. Keep screwing him over until the new year, and force him to enter the Rumble early (probably with The Shield being the next 3 entrants), have him make it to the final 2 and lose. Then at Elimination Chamber have him face off for the remaining #1 contendership entering the Chamber first (again against The Shield, and probably 2 hand picked heels to completely stack the deck against him), have him finally win there, and you can get your feel good Wrestlemania moment.

His push to this point has been great, and he enters a very elite group of people who can say they beat Cena clean for the belt. They just need to keep up this ultimate underdog story.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
The face chasing the Heel who has the boss by his side is probably the best storyline in wrestling. The longer it goes for the better. The more it makes people want to see Bryan finally get his revenge and the more meaningful it is when he gets it. WWE could have just given him the belt to keep and have him do the exact same thing Cena just did: face Champion that takes on all challengers (difference is when a indy guy does it the IWC jizzes their pants) or go with something that makes wrestling interesting again and can make Bryan a huge star when its over all the while making Orton relevant again and stroking HHHs precious ego because once again he's conveniently feuding with the hottest guy in pro wrestling.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
As far as booking, I would have him lose at NoC, and do the whole "you are back down at the bottom of the card" story. Keep screwing him over until the new year, and force him to enter the Rumble early (probably with The Shield being the next 3 entrants), have him make it to the final 2 and lose. Then at Elimination Chamber have him face off for the remaining #1 contendership entering the Chamber first (again against The Shield, and probably 2 hand picked heels to completely stack the deck against him), have him finally win there, and you can get your feel good Wrestlemania moment.

His push to this point has been great, and he enters a very elite group of people who can say they beat Cena clean for the belt. They just need to keep up this ultimate underdog story.

I'd love to see that. A dream scenario that more than likely won't even last with him as the focal point by Royal Rumble, but it'd be an excellent way to build him and and eventually topple Orton and the McMahon's.

It's hard to say what they'll actually do though. Bryan SHOULD chase the McMahon's for months and eventually reclaim the gold, and they probably know that as well, but it's just hard to say what will happen between now and the end of the year.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bryan has already been morbidly overpushed, let Ryback crush him.

Bryan could be a brilliant jobber to the stars, take Jericho's place so he can fuck off and tour pubs with his old decrepit band.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It is not a matter of if but when Bryan will take the WWE title off of Orton really. This long term push they have given him has worked out perfectly and I think he is def the favorite to win the rumble. Could honestly see it coming down to him, Punk and Cena in the final 3 of the rumble. Long as people can be patient I think it'll be a fun ride to watch his road to winning the title and overcoming this new corporation.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It is not a matter of if but when Bryan will take the WWE title off of Orton really. This long term push they have given him has worked out perfectly and I think he is def the favorite to win the rumble. Could honestly see it coming down to him, Punk and Cena in the final 3 of the rumble. Long as people can be patient I think it'll be a fun ride to watch his road to winning the title and overcoming this new corporation.
I'm more than fine to wait out all the way to WrestleMania like mentioned, but I do worry about it being stretched out for such a period time while it keeping it fresh and right.

I just worry that this situation could play out to something similar to Ryback's towards the end of last year where they may keep putting Bryan in the position to win, but have to keep finding dusty ways of having him lose, but keeping strong without taking the title from Orton.

Looking forward to seeing how it all unfolds though.

Weez

Reaction score
I think Daniel Bryan has been given the keys to the city. He got the clean title win over Cena on Sunday in the main event at the second biggest PPV of the year ,and comes out the next night in a scene that channels Stone Cold. It seems like they're actually going to run with this for a while. While I don't suspect we'll go all the way to WrestleMania, I think it's quite possible that Heyman's Punk/Bryan dream WM match.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
You know after rewatching the last segment of Raw, I realized that this whole thing isn't Austin/Corporation, because Vince and Austin didn't want Stone Cold looking vulnerable, Stone Cold was too smart and too tough to ever have Vince and co get one over on him.

Seeing as Triple H is a Flair desciple, I'm guessing this is more like Flair vs, Sting/Luger with alot of fuck finishes that make the good guy look like a fucking tool. I didn't like Flair's booking in JCP, because it made the good guys look inferior to Flair and the Horsemen, and made people stop giving a shit about that guy.

Bryan better be made into a smarter character, a tougher character and a guy who isn't going to fall for something everyone in the crowd can see coming.