*SPOILER* Title change at WWE RAW Taping

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
20121229_RAW_Barrett_IC_LIGHT_HOMEPAGE.jpg

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Wade Barrett won the Intercontinental Championship at tonight’s Raw taping, defeating Kofi Kingston at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. to capture the coveted title for the second time.

The victory comes just days after Barrett pinned the acrobatic former champion during a Six-Man Tag Team Match on SmackDown. (WATCH) In fact, the British Superstar seemed to have Kingston’s number during their tense rivalry over the past few weeks, but it was Kofi who prevailed when the two men met with the Intercontinental Championship on the line at WWE TLC. (PHOTOS) Although he had fallen victim to Barrett’s Bull Hammer on more than one occasion, the resourceful Kingston always retained his title when the stakes were high — that is, until tonight.

How was Barrett able to capture the Intercontinental Title? Watch Raw this Monday at 8/7 C on USA to find out!

So Barrett's the new champion... Thoughts? I am not a fan of Barrett... Hopefully Miz can win it off him.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
I love Barrett, but I *LOATHE* uneventful, bullshit, "hotshot" title changes on free tv. I just wish they had let Barett have more mic time and had allowed him to win the title at the Royal Rumble.

Good for Barrett. Maybe they'll give him the mic and let him run with the title for a year or so.

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Only thing I have to say is that belt looks horrific with those white straps.

Captain Charisma

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle2
Favorite Wrestler
christian2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
It is good for Barrett. He will be a world champion in the future, he could be last year if he wasn't injured. Now WWE is giving his momentum back to him by giving him this title. If he would have a good reign and a good Wrestlemania match, he will gain that momentum.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
C'MON the belt is not the problem here, it the guy and his shitty new style which is the problem. Anyway lets just hope this finally leads to a Kofi MELTDOWN and he joins the KKK.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Never liked Barrett, but I don't really mind this move at the same time. Kofi was running out of challengers and his reign (like pretty much all of his reigns) was just going around in circles.

I just don't get why they didn't have him win the belt off Kofi at TLC.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I like Barrett but am not crazy about him in the ring. I think he will have a decent reign though as long as they feed him quality opponents. Something they failed to do last time.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
He was always going to win it from Kofi that was pretty obvious, I just figured they would do it at the Rumble

Won't make a damn bit of difference because he sucks with or without the belt.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Kingston was always going to be a transition champion, and Barrett is not ready for a major push yet so this title change makes sense. However I agree that it should have happened at the rumble with more of a build behind it.

Reactions: 1 person

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
C'MON the belt is not the problem here, it the guy and his shitty new style which is the problem. Anyway lets just hope this finally leads to a Kofi MELTDOWN and he joins the KKK.

No way man. He's going to disappear off tv for a while, then come back with a gang of West African tribal militia as a Voodoo gang leader. Just like the King Willie character in Predator 2, only way younger and actually athletic, ha ha.

Not gonna lie though, imagine the controvery and ratings jump the WWE would get if Kofi actually came out on Raw to a dramatic, baritone-version of Amazing Grace in a white robe, lmao...

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I am confused as to why it happened on this RAW, it just came out of nowhere. I don't see the point in trying to pop a rating that is always going to be low because of the holidays. The title change should have occured at TLC. Barrett has been a shadow of his former self since returning but hopefully he can kick forward after this and improve. This does free Kofi up for what I assume will be a strong run in the Rumble leading to a spot in the Elimination Chamber.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Only reason I can think that they've done the change and rematch on TV is so that they don't have to the usual Barrett winning at the Rumble and then the rematch at Elimination Chamber.

I think they might be looking to put him in the chamber, but this is probably the one year where they might have enough main eventers to have a star studded chamber if you include the Rock and Brock connection.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
They had to get it off Kofi at some point right. Don’t see any problem here, give it to the guy that has promise and a possible main event run in the future compared to a guy that’s never going to make it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Not sure who sucks more, Barrett with his shitty moveset and wimpy music or Black John Morrison who does everything so overly fake even 10 yr olds must be pissing themselves at his matches.

Kofi probably has more promise b/c from what I've seen Wade is turning into another generic monotone promo guy like Cody Rhodes.