Some suggestions

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Got a few suggestions that have come up following the servergeddon.

- I think there needs to be a facelift as far the look goes. This is more of my opinion, but a facelift would do this site good. From my days running a forum, changing up the look freshens up the ambiance of the site. Considering the circumstances, and with the site stuck in 2019, I think it would be beneficial to give the site an extra zap.

- I think some of the forums are, borderline, redundant. With the content problem and lack of activity due to the servergeddon, I think it would be best to limit what we see on the homepage. For example, I think PPVs & Specials should be called the PPV Archives and be a sub-forum of the WWE PPV section (currently Hell in a Cell), it reduces what we see on the site and considering that forum is used largely as an archive anyway, it would be good to declutter. Another point being that Impact Wrestling probably doesn't need it's own sub, a prefix in US Promotions would probably serve it as much activity as the section would. Another tid bit I'd add is getting rid of the 2K20 section altogether or making it a sub-forum. I don't think anyone plays that ass game anymore, but if anyone does it's certainly the minority.

- I think the site needs some community engagement, again. The site should look to host video game tournaments, graphics tournaments, Member of the Month voting, and an e-fed. The site should do prizes for the tournaments or giveaways that are promoted on Twitter and through the sites social media accounts. I know it's a big ask and stuff, but these are just some ideas, the giveaway can be something as plain as an Amazon gift card. There just needs to be some extra force put into the revitalization of the community. Maybe sending out a mass eMail to members to let them know of the situation and the steps moving forward, I'm unsure if XF2 has that feature but I know there was a plug-in for email pings.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
This is what I did on the Free Forum I created few weeks ago. Since this is October I went with something more "Festive" for the season.

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That's only just a start though.. ?

Malcolm

Reaction score
Website
codeforum.org
Hi @Roadster,

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I think I can speak on behalf of everyone on our Forum Team, we really appreciate you and everyone who makes an effort to suggest new ways and or improvements that we could make to this awesome community.
- I think there needs to be a facelift as far the look goes. This is more of my opinion, but a facelift would do this site good. From my days running a forum, changing up the look freshens up the ambiance of the site. Considering the circumstances, and with the site stuck in 2019, I think it would be beneficial to give the site an extra zap.
I haven't been here too long, so I can be somewhat biased with my response. I love the theme, however, I'd definetly be interested in looking to develop and or acquire a new style. And will look more into this with @Cam! and @Killer Orange Cat.

- I think some of the forums are, borderline, redundant. With the content problem and lack of activity due to the servergeddon, I think it would be best to limit what we see on the homepage. For example, I think PPVs & Specials should be called the PPV Archives and be a sub-forum of the WWE PPV section (currently Hell in a Cell), it reduces what we see on the site and considering that forum is used largely as an archive anyway, it would be good to declutter. Another point being that Impact Wrestling probably doesn't need it's own sub, a prefix in US Promotions would probably serve it as much activity as the section would. Another tid bit I'd add is getting rid of the 2K20 section altogether or making it a sub-forum. I don't think anyone plays that ass game anymore, but if anyone does it's certainly the minority.
Again, I haven't been here long. But I do believe from my personal expereince that making changes to the forum layout can be beneficial to our attractiveness and engagement. I believe the best people who could probably weigh more on this would be @Cam! and @Killer Orange Cat.

- I think the site needs some community engagement, again. The site should look to host video game tournaments, graphics tournaments, Member of the Month voting, and an e-fed. The site should do prizes for the tournaments or giveaways that are promoted on Twitter and through the sites social media accounts. I know it's a big ask and stuff, but these are just some ideas, the giveaway can be something as plain as an Amazon gift card. There just needs to be some extra force put into the revitalization of the community. Maybe sending out a mass eMail to members to let them know of the situation and the steps moving forward, I'm unsure if XF2 has that feature but I know there was a plug-in for email pings.

I agree with this, I believe we as a community should come up with some ideas - such as the ones you mentioned by hosting video game tournaments, graphics tournaments, member of the month voting etc. I really like those ideas, I think that's something I can definetly get behind on, especially the gaming/graphics tournaments as I'm a big nerd. However as a technical standpoint, I would like to just delay a little further in order to make sure everything under the hood is good. So far I haven't really encountered any sevre issues, which means it should be too long before we act on these suggestions. I know for fact that @Cam!, is very active on social media and believe that he would definetly agree with promoting tournaments and giveways via twitter, facebook and other social media platforms.

With XenForo 2.2, we can send mass emails, even send out weekly digest emails (Which will probably be enabled within the next couple of days).

Once again, I appreciate your taking the time on creating a thread for your suggestions. I'm sure @Cam! and @Killer Orange Cat would be able to give you a more of a in-depth response (they are the decision makers when it comes to community matters). :)

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I agree the layout can change a bit but the color scheme should remain the same due to it always being this color.

I think I already myself had a thread similar to this prior to all the host situation, but my ideas were basically the same as yours. But we also would need someone to run the twitter account and I'm unsure whether or not we even have the login info for it.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
This might not be the best option but from a traffic pov could really help. Ditch the wrestling and maybe make it nore sport oriented? Maybe video games? It's 2020 and wrestling ain't as popular as it once was. It also isn't helping that Cena has gone full Hollywood. I'm not saying ditch wrestling 100% just maybe not the focal point

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I would be open to layout changes, but would not like changing the color. I like the dark color and I avoid other forums because they are always so white it drives me crazy to look at them.

I agree about making the PPV section a subsection of the current PPV.

Community engagement is needed, I agree. I like the ideas presented. I will try to think up ones too.

Sorry, Will, I can't go with on changing the main focus from wrestling. Doing that would be very jarring to the people who are currently on the site and rather than increase the flow of traffic, I think it would turn out to be the death knell for the site. It's one thing to compete with other wrestling sites as a wrestling website that has been around for 9 years. It's another to try to change to a new topic that already has plenty of other platforms for available. There is not a lot we can provide to other sports fans or video games fans that other sites cannot already offer.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
I would be open to layout changes, but would not like changing the color. I like the dark color and I avoid other forums because they are always so white it drives me crazy to look at them.

I agree about making the PPV section a subsection of the current PPV.

Community engagement is needed, I agree. I like the ideas presented. I will try to think up ones too.

Sorry, Will, I can't go with on changing the main focus from wrestling. Doing that would be very jarring to the people who are currently on the site and rather than increase the flow of traffic, I think it would turn out to be the death knell for the site. It's one thing to compete with other wrestling sites as a wrestling website that has been around for 9 years. It's another to try to change to a new topic that already has plenty of other platforms for available. There is not a lot we can provide to other sports fans or video games fans that other sites cannot already offer.
I understand just my opinion, to be fair a lot of people here don't really talk on the forums. I see the same people post here and there on a few forums. Just from a getting members and traffic pov. I'd say change the name or even rearrange the initials? The WWE might be driving potential members away? And maybe a option for different color schemes? Again just my opinion