Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan: 'I'd love to judge 'X Factor' or 'American Idol''

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
SmashingPumpkinsDN090911.jpg

Smashing Pumpkins' frontman Billy Corgan has said that he would love to be a judge on X Factor or American Idol.

Earlier this week (March 13), the frontman complained that the music industry had been "taken over by poseurs" and compared being a breakthrough artist to being a "stripper".

But in an interview with Spinner, the singer said he would welcome the opportunity to take part in a reality TV show.

"I'd love it," he said when asked if would like to be considered for a judging slot, before adding:

I don't have a problem with Idol or X Factor, I have a problem when those things are not given the proper contextual hue. If there's an American Idol there should be a proper alternative counterbalance – if there was hair metal, there was grunge, know what I mean?

He also added that his main gripe with music was "laptop rock", which he described as songs that blend into the background and people listen to when working on their computers.

Corgan is set to have a busy 2012 – in addition to releasing the new Smashing Pumpkins album 'Oceania', which he has described as his "best album for 16 years", he also has plans to open a Chicago teahouse and continue work with his own professional wrestling company.

nme