Smackdown out shines Bigger Brother in final MITB push. Smackdown 13/07/12 review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
It was proven this past Monday on raw that the current WWE creative teams idea of entertaining and interesting wrestling is a far cry from what it once was or needs to be. Indeed what
supposed to be a big show to give that final push before this weekends Money in the Bank event was full of lame comedy, very short matches (even by raw standards) and many odd booking
descissons most of which did very little to prepare us for Sunday's ppv. So it was left to the blue brand to do the job which big brother couldn't and this time it wa up for the challage, producing
two good matches and at a range of decent and medicore ones but most of at least served their purpose, it also gave a showcase to more rising talent.

As his first act of the night GM Zack Ryder books a rematch between Alberto Del Rio and Sin Cara, their previous match had not even got started after Del Rio attacked Cara before the bell.

Del Rio beat Sin Cara via cross armbreaker submission in a fair match. Del Rio struggled to work around Cara's lack of direction and sloppyness.

Primo won a basic match with a small packenge against Darren Young. Young looked pretty good in this bout whereas Primo looked like tag wrestler.

A classic Raw moment replayed the very heartfelt retirement speech by Edge last year.

Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes defeated Christian and Santino when Ziggler pinned Santino with the zigzag in a very enjoyable match. The heels plus Christian looked very smooth here. Post match
tag partners Rhodes and Ziggler stared at each other and looked up at the MITB briefcase which both hope claim sunday.

The Big Show bested The Great Khali in a quick big man match with a knockout punch. This match was made after Show had taken exception to Zack Ryder being made GM for the night and
Khali had interved.

Ryback pinned Tyler Reks in a watchable squash match.

Damien Sandow beat Justin Gabrial easily with a neckbreaker.

World Champion Sheamus defeated Chris Jericho in a good main event. Post match Del Rio sneak attacked the champion on the ramp and put him in the cross armbreaker to end the show.

Best match: Rhodes/Ziggler VS. Christian/Santino (althrough the main event runs it close)

Worse match: Big Show VS. Great Khali

Overall show rating: 7/10

Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Re: Smackdown out shines Bigger Brother in final MITB push. Smackdown 13/07/12 revie

Good review, I just can't see how you think the tag match was better than the main event though. I enjoyed the tag match, but I really don't think it was too close to the main event in terms of quality. I do agree with your overall rating of the show, 7/10 seems very right. Also should take into account that this Smackdown by no means should have been very good due to the circumstances of it having to be taped right after Raw Monday.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Re: Smackdown out shines Bigger Brother in final MITB push. Smackdown 13/07/12 revie

Far as Raw goes lack of matches didn't bother me. Long as the segments do good in place of the matches it can be fine and I felt besides Punk/Bryan/AJ Raw kinda mailed it in. Smackdown didn't do a great job or anything overall but did a better job I will agree.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Good review, I just can't see how you think the tag match was better than the main event though. I enjoyed the tag match, but I really don't think it was too close to the main event in terms of quality. I do agree with your overall rating of the show, 7/10 seems very right. Also should take into account that this Smackdown by no means should have been very good due to the circumstances of it having to be taped right after Raw Monday.

Different kind of matches of course Sheamus/Jericho was more a slow building wrestling match whereas the tag belt was more a fast paced encounter. I just thought the slickness of the exchanges between Christian and the two heels, plus some nice near falls and flow of the match put it just ahead of the main event.

It wasn't so much lack of matches on raw PHX it is just that so many of them were rushed and did little to push the ppv. The main event of the show lasted about three minutes that says it all really.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG

That's what I meant didn't mean lack of matches as in numbers my bad.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

If Santino didn't get in the way or actually bothered doing something worthwhile in the tag match instead I may agree with you but Jesus I swear it's hard to take a Santino match seriously when they all end right when he goes for the Cobra. Doesn't matter if he hits or not, whether he wins or loses, it's pretty much the same shit.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

I agree with you about Santino but if you actually watch the match he was hardly in it so his appearence didn't do too much damage.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige

I don't think you are meant to take Santino matches seriously anyway, he's a comedy wrestler.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

^ No but then he does tend to get in the way when you have really talent who could be main event players one day.