SmackDown Live: August 30th, 2016 [Live Discussion]

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Smackdown_app_Rendered_new--1f8fe7b3c013528697b34e766b8a050b.png

When:
United States: LIVE, Tuesday Night, August 30, at 8/7c on the USA Network
United Kingdom: Wednesday Morning, August 31, at 1AM on Sky Sports 5 HD

Where:
American Airlines Center
Dallas, TX

SmackDown Preview, Aug. 30, 2016: Will Bryan penalize The Miz for ‘Talking Smack’?

20160829_SD_Preview_BryanMiz--3205e09251a8a4f217e207f6d33e3472.jpg

Following a heated confrontation last week on Talking Smack, Daniel Bryan will address The Miz’s outburst tonight on SmackDown Live. Plus, the SmackDown Tag Team Championship Tournament continues and Backlash stands on the horizon

Will The A-Lister suffer for ‘Talking Smack’?
20160823_sd_bryanmiz--4fb25c5620913c1b2ddf99dd12867555.jpg

WWE Network’s Talking Smack is quickly proving to be a “must-see” program on many levels. Most recently, a highly publicized incident occurred between Daniel Bryan and Intercontinental Champion The Miz, begging the question: Will there be any fallout tonight on SmackDown Live?

It is conceivable that The A-Lister will face some sort of repercussions for stepping over the line and into the face of SmackDown Live’s General Manager? Then again, despite Miz’s flagrant disrespect, perhaps Bryan and Commissioner Shane McMahon will end up giving Miz exactly what he wants and focusing a greater amount of energy on the Intercontinental Title.

Either way, it will be interesting to see what happens when Daniel Bryan addresses Miz’s actions one week after walking off the Talking Smack set. Find out what will go down tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network.

Who will advance as the SmackDown Tag Team Tournament rages on?
20160823_sd_americanalphabreeango--d515f0e47ccbcaef3b32cc753b830d30.jpg

Last week, the historic unveiling of the SmackDown Tag Team Titles helped kick off a whirlwind tournament to crown the inaugural titleholders at Backlash — with both The Usos and American Alpha advancing to the semifinals. Who will join them in the second round?

Might it be … Heath Slater & Rhyno? Yes, after frantically searching for a tag team partner, The One Man Band must now win the entire tournament to finally earn a SmackDown Live contract. Ouch! But who will he and The Master of the Gore face? And can Slater win one for his kids … however many of them there may be? What other tandem will take a huge step toward tag team glory?

Will Randy Orton look to take The New Face of Fear to Viperville
20160823_sd_ortonpromo--68bbef35c5b71b853116528c5961d226.jpg

Since SmackDown Live debuted, Bray Wyatt has attempted to use his own brand of dark chaos to turn Team Blue completely upside-down. But what will happen if he continues to cross arguably the most ruthlessly unpredictable force in all of WWE?

After The New Face of Fear stepped into the nest of The Viper last week on SmackDown, a conflict between Wyatt and Randy Orton may be imminent and could threaten to burn the whole place down. But it might also pretty fun to watch.

Is Styles too big for Backlash?
20160823_sd_ziggleraj--c8323f81cfe0d12de2a0ec118acc4bdd.jpg

Not only did AJ Styles [HASHTAG]#BeatUpJohnCena[/HASHTAG] and earn himself the right to be the No. 1 contender for Dean Ambrose’s WWE World Champion, but The Phenomenal One also prevented Dolph Ziggler from joining that showdown at Backlash.

Yes, Styles is definitely on top of the world. But when you reach that point, sometimes the only place to go is down. Will Ambrose knock him down a peg prior to their Sept. 11 showdown? And after Styles’ outspoken nature drew the ire of The Showoff, should he be worried about the rest of the locker room as well?

Is Carmella due for a Bella bustin’
082_sd_08232016dg_0906--937f313db8f6038d95698c50fd08f1d3.jpg

After the SmackDown Women’s Title was unveiled on SmackDown Live and a Six-Pack Challenge for that title was announced to crown the inaugural champion at Backlash, up-and-coming Superstar Carmella made am aggressive statement. She attacked Nikki Bella before her SmackDown Live debut match — and then again on Talking Smack.

Will Nikki be out for payback on The Princess of Stanton Island? Yeah, probably. What other competitor will look to make their voice heard as things heats up on the road to SmackDown Live’ first solo pay-per-view.​

Last edited:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The previews have arrived!

Looking forward to the show.

Hope it's as good and entertaining as the past few weeks have been.

Doubt they'll manage to top RAW, but still, shall be a good and easy show to watch.

Noa Shalev

Jobber
Reaction score
In the previews it says that Daniel Bryan will do something or react at least to what the Miz said so excited for that. But also can't wait to see Carmella get Bella beat up. I like Carmella but as you can tell I love Nikki so much more

TheWUKMaster1

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ok so i think tonights show will be a 8.5/10

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah but think about it

Smackdown has been smashing raw i the ratings so i think this is smackdown again
that's the point. They made the first Raw in ages that was good and they don't want Smackdown to beat it. I have a feeling WWE will try and make it worse this week anyway. Baron VS Dean Ambrose is like the main event

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Miz the GOAT Miz the GOAT Miz the GOAT Miz the GOAT

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler