Smackdown 17/08/12 review

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Alberto Del Rio opens the show by demanding that Booker T reinstates his world title match at Summerslam. Chris Jericho comes out and suggests that when he defeats Dolph Ziggler on sunday he then faces Sheamus for the title, but the GM makes it clear that Sheamus will not be competing at Summerslam but does book Jericho VS. Del Rio for the main event of the show.

Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara defeated Miz and Cody Rhodes in a liverly encounter after Mysterio pinned Rhodes with a splash off the top.

Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks revealed their new stripper gimmick in an attempt to get Booker T's attention before beating two un-named jobbers in a quick match.

Eve pinned Kaitlyn with a neckbreaker in a useless match to become Booker T's assistant. Now this should heat things up I have been impressed with Eve in this new stuck up corprate role and I can see her and Booker working well together. Before the match Eve came across William Regal who seemed down on his luck and was working as a garbage man, why be the next Jim Ross when you can be the new whipping boy in angles such as this?:y:

Randy Orton beat Daniel Bryan in a good match with a poor finish. Bryan had his Yeslock applied when fire shot from the ringposts signelling Kane's arrival this threw Bryan off his game allowing Orton to hit the RKO for the pin.

Antonio Cesaro bested Zack Ryder in a squash match (not as in the sport squash you understand:thumbs:.

Alberto Del Rio defeated Chris Jericho in a solid main event. Y2J was not a 100% going into the match having been attacked by Ziggler on his way to the ring. Afterwards Ziggler helped Del Rio beat Jericho down until Sheamus made the save. Booker comes out and at the request of the champion reinstates the summerslam match with Del Rio, what a shock hey!

Best match: Bryan VS. Orton

Worse match: Eve VS. Kaitlyn

Overall show rating 6/10