• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kellie

Reaction score
main.jpg

Click to listen to Slash's 'You're A Lie'

Slash has announced the tracklist, below, from his forthcoming album Apocalyptic Love, out May 22nd. The single "You're A Lie," which you can stream above, was "ignited" by Slash, as he puts it, and features lyrics by frontman Myles Kennedy. "I completely left the lyrics to Myles. As far away from lyric writing as I can get, the better," Slash tells Rolling Stone, laughing. "He's a good lyricist, so it's not an issue."

The song was the second track Slash brought to Kennedy, but it wasn't done until the very end of the sessions. "We changed the arrangement twice, and it was the last thing we worked on in the studio when we were doing the album," he says. "It was the last one we did and, funnily enough, the first one we released."

Did he know it was a single? "The single concept has always been the last thing I ever want to deal with," he says. "I come from that AOR mentality where a single to me can be a five-minute, six-minute, really cool rock track."

Now that one is chosen and the record is nearly done, save for a few mixes, Slash can turn his attention to the upcoming live shows. "I'm looking forward to going out and jamming the stuff live and doing what it is that I do best," he says.

The concert will feature several new songs. "There's a song called 'Anastasia,' which would be killer for us to play live because it's probably the longest, most instrumentally adventurous song on the record. There's a lot of guitar in it," he says. "There's the song called 'Apocalyptic Love,' which is the title track of the record and the first song we ever did together."

There are a few one-off dates before the tour kicks off in full in May. Slash has some big shows in April, including the Golden Gods Awards in L.A., where he will share a stage with Marilyn Manson, Sixx A.M., Evanescence and more on a night when KISS' Gene Simmons will be honored. "I love Gene. Gene's awesome, so it's good that he's getting an award at that event," he says.

A few days later Slash and his former bandmates in Guns N' Roses will be at the center of the rock universe as they are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. According to Slash, he still doesn't know what will happen. "It's just far enough away at this point where I'm not focusing on it at all and there's been no new news about what's gonna happen there," he says.

Apocalyptic Love tracklist:
"Apocalyptic Love"
"One Last Thrill"
"Standing in the Sun"
"You’re a Lie"
"No More Heroes"
"Halo"
"We Will Roam"
"Anastasia"
"Not for Me"
"Bad Rain"
"Hard & Fast"
"Far and Away"
"Shots Fired"

Rollingstone

Castiel

Reaction score
I wonder if "You're A Lie" is like a shot back at South Park saying he was a lie? :lol:

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I haven't listened to anything from Slash since his first CD after the split from GN'R. I may give this one a shot though. Always looking for some good music to listen to.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I haven't listened to anything from Slash since his first CD after the split from GN'R. I may give this one a shot though. Always looking for some good music to listen to.

His last solo album was really good too, I'd recommend it as a tune up for this.