Sign-Up and League Rules

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Ray

Jobber
Reaction score
@Emo
Forum Name: Hunter Ray
Gamertag: MANxB3ARxP1GXx
Superstar: Hunter Ray
Alignment: Face
Tag-Team Partner: N/A
Finishers: Dead To Rights (Landslide) Dead Level (Split Legged Moonsault 1)

Promo:

The scene begins with a view of a wrestling match going on, the ring is dingy and dirty and the crowd is small, Hunter Ray is participating in the match against an unnamed opponent. The unnamed wrestler attempts a sloppy clothesline that Ray easily avoids and counters with a picture perfect drop kick. The moment his opponent hits the canvas the screen goes black, when it returns the match is still going, but the ring is put together a lot better and the crowd is a bit larger, Ray has his opponent in the corner and rams into him with hard knees and transitions it into a bulldog, again the screen goes black as soon as they hit the canvas, It returns again and the setting is much grander and the crowd goes by the thousands. Ray has his opponent set up for his "Dead Level" finisher, he moves through the air in slow motion and lands hard on his opponent.. the screen goes black again and the referee is heard.

Referee: ONE....TWO....THREE!

The crowd goes wild and the view returns once more. Ray is standing on the turnbuckle with his hands raised in victory, there is a caption at the bottom of the screen that says "Coming Soon" the scene then ends there.

Last edited:

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
@Emo

Promo:

The scene begins with a view of a wrestling match going on, the ring is dingy and dirty and the crowd is small, Hunter Ray is participating in the match against an unnamed opponent. The unnamed wrestler attempts a sloppy clothesline that Ray easily avoids and counters with a picture perfect drop kick. The moment his opponent hits the canvas the screen goes black, when it returns the match is still going, but the ring is put together a lot better and the crowd is a bit larger, Ray has his opponent in the corner and rams into him with hard knees and transitions it into a bulldog, again the screen goes black as soon as they hit the canvas, It returns again and the setting is much grander and the crowd goes by the thousands. Ray has his opponent set up for his "Dead Level" finisher, he moves through the air in slow motion and lands hard on his opponent.. the screen goes black again and the referee is heard.

The crowd goes wild and the view returns once more. Ray is standing on the turnbuckle with his hands raised in victory, there is a caption at the bottom of the screen that says "Coming Soon" the scene then ends there.
I mean, it wasn't a bad promo at all. However, the issue here is that the point of the sign-up promo is to introduce us to your character. And though this was good at setting the scene, we didn't get any information about your character except his name and his finisher. So, I'm going to have to ask you to try again.

I did like the whole idea of having it containing clips from his past, so if you want to keep that in it you can. But have him kinda doing a voiceover with it, that way we can get an idea of what kind of personality he will have.

(and be sure to repost it when you rewrite it)

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
I mean, it wasn't a bad promo at all. However, the issue here is that the point of the sign-up promo is to introduce us to your character. And though this was good at setting the scene, we didn't get any information about your character except his name and his finisher. So, I'm going to have to ask you to try again.

I did like the whole idea of having it containing clips from his past, so if you want to keep that in it you can. But have him kinda doing a voiceover with it, that way we can get an idea of what kind of personality he will have.
@Emo

Promo:

To add on to that, make sure your character's dialogue is more than two lines.

Hunter Ray

Jobber
Reaction score
@Emo

Promo:

The scene begins with a view of a wrestling match going on, the ring is dingy and dirty and the crowd is small, Hunter Ray is participating in the match against an unnamed opponent. The unnamed wrestler attempts a sloppy clothesline that Ray easily avoids and counters with a picture perfect drop kick. The moment his opponent hits the canvas the screen goes black, at that same moment, Ray's voice is heard.

Hunter Ray: All my career, I've fought my hardest... if there was a ceiling, I broke right through it. If my back was against the wall, I pushed back ten fold.

when it returns the match is still going, but the ring is put together a lot better and the crowd is a bit larger, Ray has his opponent in the corner and rams into him with hard knees and transitions it into a bulldog, again the screen goes black as soon as they hit the canvas. Hunter speaks again.

Hunter Ray: Is there a limit to how far I can go? I wanna know that just as much as you do. But my future is mine to decide, and in the future I see... I'm gonna go till the day I drop.

It returns again and the setting is much grander and the crowd goes by the thousands. Ray has his opponent set up for his "Dead Level" finisher, he moves through the air in slow motion and lands hard on his opponent.. the screen goes black again. His voice is heard once more

Hunter Ray: Are you a betting man? I suggest you become one, because I'm a sure thing.

the referee is then heard.

Referee:
ONE....TWO....THREE!

The crowd goes wild and the view returns once more. Ray is standing on the turnbuckle with his hands raised in victory, there is a caption at the bottom of the screen that says "Coming Soon" Rays voice is heard one last time

Hunter Ray: Bet on me.

the scene then ends there.

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
@Emo

Promo:

The scene begins with a view of a wrestling match going on, the ring is dingy and dirty and the crowd is small, Hunter Ray is participating in the match against an unnamed opponent. The unnamed wrestler attempts a sloppy clothesline that Ray easily avoids and counters with a picture perfect drop kick. The moment his opponent hits the canvas the screen goes black, at that same moment, Ray's voice is heard.

Hunter Ray: All my career, I've fought my hardest... if there was a ceiling, I broke right through it. If my back was against the wall, I pushed back ten fold.

when it returns the match is still going, but the ring is put together a lot better and the crowd is a bit larger, Ray has his opponent in the corner and rams into him with hard knees and transitions it into a bulldog, again the screen goes black as soon as they hit the canvas. Hunter speaks again.

Hunter Ray: Is there a limit to how far I can go? I wanna know that just as much as you do. But my future is mine to decide, and in the future I see... I'm gonna go till the day I drop.

It returns again and the setting is much grander and the crowd goes by the thousands. Ray has his opponent set up for his "Dead Level" finisher, he moves through the air in slow motion and lands hard on his opponent.. the screen goes black again. His voice is heard once more

Hunter Ray: Are you a betting man? I suggest you become one, because I'm a sure thing.

the referee is then heard.

The crowd goes wild and the view returns once more. Ray is standing on the turnbuckle with his hands raised in victory, there is a caption at the bottom of the screen that says "Coming Soon" Rays voice is heard one last time

Hunter Ray: Bet on me.

the scene then ends there.
Welcome to the League!

You seem to have grasped the format fairly well, although in the future use different colors when different people are talking (example being how I changed the ref to gray in your promo). Look forward to seeing how the character further develops

Cmpunkfan

Jobber
Reaction score
@Emo @Jet Starr
Forum name: Cmpunkfan
Gamer tag: Gundog97
Superstar: Badger
Heel
Tag partner: Aaron Dustin
Finishers: Life inverted ddt 1 and terminating spike
Promo: starts out after badger interrupts the title match and hits both wrestlers with a badger buster or life inverted ddt.

Badger: Well now that I am on the main roster everyone in the locker room is going to be put into a hospital bed. I am coming for the title and no one will stop me in my path of destruction.
*throws mic into barricade

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
@Emo @Jet Starr
Forum name: Cmpunkfan
Gamer tag: Gundog97
Superstar: Badger
Heel
Tag partner: Aaron Dustin
Finishers: Life inverted ddt 1 and terminating spike
Promo: starts out after badger interrupts the title match and hits both wrestlers with a badger buster or life inverted ddt.

Badger: Well now that I am on the main roster everyone in the locker room is going to be put into a hospital bed. I am coming for the title and no one will stop me in my path of destruction.
*throws mic into barricade
The promo is meant to display your character so that we can get an idea of what they're personality is like. So, would you mind redoing it? If you need an example of how long it should be, then look at the promos of other people who were accepted into the league. Also, remember the three color rule.

(Also, remember that this promo is not tied to the league at all. It is only meant to introduce your character. So, I'd recommend not mentioning others in the other than whoever your partner, Aaron Dustin, is)

Last edited:

KieronTheSlayer

Jobber
Banned
Reaction score
Tag @Emo and @Jet Starr in your post
Forum Name: KieronTheSlayer
Gamertag: SeaP Assassin
Superstar: Tyler Ace
Alignment: Heel
Finishers: Handspring Cutter & Pop-Up Styles Clash

Opening Promo:

*Tyler Ace's music hits, fans unsure on who this is, but has to be said a top performer in the company today. Tyler Ace begins to walk around the ring to snatch a microphone and enter the ring*

Tyler Ace: My name is nothing to do with you, You know there is one difference between me and the other wanna be superstars in the back. I don't need you fools to keep me going, because I am the best!

*The crowd starts to boo and start a chant saying 'Get out off the ring!'

Tyler Ace: Shut up you fools! Let me finish what I'm saying. You see everyone needs to learn that I am the new face of this company and I will lead it to victory and I'll be taking each and every superstar down, and I'll do it alone.

Tyler Ace: Now if you don't like me, you have to deal with me, as I am "The Ace"

*Tyler Ace drops the microphone and begins to walk out of the ring taunting to the fans*

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
Tag @Emo and @Jet Starr in your post
Forum Name: KieronTheSlayer
Gamertag: SeaP Assassin
Superstar: Tyler Ace
Finishers: Handspring Cutter & Pop-Up Styles Clash

Opening Promo:

*Tyler Ace's music hits, fans unsure on who this is, but has to be said a top performer in the company today. Tyler Ace begins to walk around the ring to snatch a microphone and enter the ring*

Tyler Ace: My name is nothing to do with you, You know there is one difference between me and the other wanna be superstars in the back. I don't need you fools to keep me going, because I am the best!

*The crowd starts to boo and start a chant saying 'Get out off the ring!'

Tyler Ace: Shut up you fools! Let me finish what I'm saying. You see everyone needs to learn that I am the new face of this company and I will lead it to victory and I'll be taking each and every superstar down, and I'll do it alone.

Tyler Ace: Now if you don't like me, you have to deal with me, as I am "The Ace"

*Tyler Ace drops the microphone and begins to walk out of the ring taunting to the fans*
Welcome to the league!

I'll be honest, the promo wasn't great, but you showed promise. Definitely need some work on structure, but hopefully with time you'll get the hang of things.

Last edited:

MintMidget69

The Artiste
Reaction score
@Emo @Jet Starr
Forum Name: @MintMidget69
Gamertag: F4T SPuD FuZZ
Superstar: Judy Parker
Finishers: Gun Stun (Parker special), Jumping Neckbreaker (Inverted Parker special)

*Judy is seen sitting at a bar in some tight jeans, a black 'Prefab Sprout' t-shirt and some Adidas running shoes. A man is sat to the right of her in a hoodie and some cargo pants with black shoes on. Suddenly a man approaches Judy and puts a hand on her shoulder to get her to turn around, Judy attempts to break the grasp but the man is stronger than he looks. She eventually gives in and turns around to face him*

Bar Guy number 1: Hey babe.

*The man begins to flirt*

Judy: I'm sorry I'm not interested.

Bar Guy number 1: Come on baby you know you want some

Judy: Listen, I'd much rather go out with anyone else here other than you.

*The hooded man laughs before taking a drink of his water*

Bar Guy number 1: Oh you think that's funny?

*The man swings at the hooded guy at the bar. His fist is caught by the hooded man before a bottle is smashed over the hooded man's head and two other men appear in the cameras view. They pick up the hooded man and sit him on a chair. Bar Guy number 1 begins to walk towards him until Judy sticks a leg out to trip him up. It succeeds as Bar Guy number 1 falls over. Judy then kicks him in the head before jumping for one of the two men who have just place the hooded man down. She gets on top of him and rains down punches as the hooded man pulls the other guy over and stamps on his head twice. Both Judy and the hooded man down their drinks before exiting the bar. They turn to each other*

Judy: You're welcome for back there by the way.

*Judy and the hooded man shake hands before a car pulls up, the hooded man leans in and pulls out a note before handing it to Judy. The car rides off as Judy unravels the note. It reads "Call if you ever need any more help" with a number underneath the words*

Emo

The Artiste
Reaction score
@Emo @Jet Starr
Forum Name: @MintMidget69
Gamertag: F4T SPuD FuZZ
Superstar: Judy Parker
Finishers: Gun Stun (Parker special), Jumping Neckbreaker (Inverted Parker special)

*Judy is seen sitting at a bar in some tight jeans, a black 'Prefab Sprout' t-shirt and some Adidas running shoes. A man is sat to the right of her in a hoodie and some cargo pants with black shoes on. Suddenly a man approaches Judy and puts a hand on her shoulder to get her to turn around, Judy attempts to break the grasp but the man is stronger than he looks. She eventually gives in and turns around to face him*

Bar Guy number 1: Hey babe.

*The man begins to flirt*

Judy: I'm sorry I'm not interested.

Bar Guy number 1: Come on baby you know you want some

Judy: Listen, I'd much rather go out with anyone else here other than you.

*The hooded man laughs before taking a drink of his water*

Bar Guy number 1: Oh you think that's funny?

*The man swings at the hooded guy at the bar. His fist is caught by the hooded man before a bottle is smashed over the hooded man's head and two other men appear in the cameras view. They pick up the hooded man and sit him on a chair. Bar Guy number 1 begins to walk towards him until Judy sticks a leg out to trip him up. It succeeds as Bar Guy number 1 falls over. Judy then kicks him in the head before jumping for one of the two men who have just place the hooded man down. She gets on top of him and rains down punches as the hooded man pulls the other guy over and stamps on his head twice. Both Judy and the hooded man down their drinks before exiting the bar. They turn to each other*

Judy: You're welcome for back there by the way.

*Judy and the hooded man shake hands before a car pulls up, the hooded man leans in and pulls out a note before handing it to Judy. The car rides off as Judy unravels the note. It reads "Call if you ever need any more help" with a number underneath the words*
Welcome to SPARK!

Reaction score
@Emo @Jet Starr
Forum Name: @UnstableGamerYT
Gamertag: UnstableGamer or Sonar Unstable
Superstar: Youngblood
Tag-Team Partner: TheB3astGaming
Finishers: The Final Cut

Youngblood: Youngblood is a superstar who has the potential to be a champion and or legend wherever he goes. I've been everywhere. I've been in LOP, EOW, WCE, EHW, WCCL, and many many more. And in more or those leagues I've been champion I'm a former EHW Intercontinental Champion, EHW United States Champion, WCCL World Heavyweight Champion and when i won the WCE Championship I left with the god damn title so technically I'm the current WCE Champion. But another thing I am is a prize fighter I don't fight unless it does something for me like title fights, or #1 contender matches or anything to raise my rank. I have a tag team partner but I'm focused on winning titles. So if you don't believe then you'll just bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.