• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Should Lethal Lockdown Match be changed?

i don't mind the L.Lockdown match it's alright, but seriously i think the format has past it time. The best ever wargames types matches were in the NWA 80's and WCW 1992. I really think L.Lockdown needs a change up and move away from the NWA/WCW Wargames fashion i have 2 different types of format that TNA could do

BMA Creative Ideas

1) they can have the 2 teams, But have the roof on top of the cage and make it eliminations rules, instead of awaiting for every member of each team to come out and then have the one fall for victory.

2) How about have 8-10 Wrestlers enter in at random drawing, the 1st 2 battle it out for about 3-5 mins then every 2 mins another wrestler comes down. Once again it is eliminations rules via Pinfall or Submission. Then the winner gets a TNA World Championship Bout at Slammiversary 2011. (i know KOTM Match wasn't at slammiversary 2010, but they could move that KOTM match onto another PPV if TNA still wants to keep that match around)

what do you guys think about my 2 ideas for Lethal Lockdown matches?

Airfixx

1) would be toot crowded to focus on anything in particular in the early stages.... Can you imagine potentially 2 or 3 seperate pinfall attempts at once amongst say 10 bodies and only one ref?

2) That's effectively Elimination Chamber rules without the pods built into the cage, isn't it?

But, regardless, they have far more pertinent problems with the product.

I'd say stay with the 'tried and tested' in terms of gimmicks and learn how to run/book a wrestling company.

1) would be toot crowded to focus on anything in particular in the early stages.... Can you imagine potentially 2 or 3 seperate pinfall attempts at once amongst say 10 bodies and only one ref?

2) That's effectively Elimination Chamber rules without the pods built into the cage, isn't it?

But, regardless, they have far more pertinent problems with the product.

I'd say stay with the 'tried and tested' in terms of gimmicks and learn how to run/book a wrestling company.

well for #1 they could use 2 ref if needed, but maybe 10 bodies won't survive to the end, it could end up as 3 on 1 during the match or 5 on 4. it would be pretty interesting and can get the crowd fully behind the faces when they are 1 or 2 men short during the match.

2. i would say it is a mixer of E/Chamber rules and Royal rumble rules for such the random drawings plus the countdown while with the E/C rules it has the pinfall and submission eliminations. It could also give some of the youth a time to shine just like the Rumble match in WWE does for youth future talent.

It could be a concept they can atleast give a go. TNA has used numerous concepts in the past and alot have failed i.e. "reverse battle royal" "chambers of blood" "elevation x" "hard 10" "feast or fired".

I personally think this idea is pby a little bit better than them and could be something interesting to use within the company.

fuzzy

I think Airfixx is right, it's gonna get too crowded and when it becomes crowded like that in LLD, it's gonna be hard trying to stay with all that's happening in the ring, at least from the fans pov. hope they haven't dropped the KOTM match.
one match i would change, is the fest or fire match. I say either make it like the royal rumble which is straight forward or drop the four cases and just have one with one title shotin the case. what do you guys think?

I think Airfixx is right, it's gonna get too crowded and when it becomes crowded like that in LLD, it's gonna be hard trying to stay with all that's happening in the ring,

doesnt that happen with the current Lethal lockdown format inside of TNA???

fuzzy

it does in a way, but with the cage around them it's gonna be harder to keep focus. just think of it from all parts of the arena where the fans are seated, only the front row would be actually able to see good.