Shane Carwin Discusses His UFC Return

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Shane Carwin (12-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) recently spoke about his UFC return, likely in early 2012. Here are the highlights…

On Improving: "After every fight, you always try to work on things and become a better fighter, and I think the cardio thing became too much of an issue for me in my last camp. It took some of the animal out of me in that fight. I think I should have pressed that fight a little more with Dos Santos. With what we had worked on and everything, I can go the distance, and that's not a problem. I felt like I had another easy two rounds in me. But that's just the type of warrior I am. I wasn't going to say, 'Quit.' I wanted to keep going. I wanted to keep fighting in there."

On Getting Roughed Up: "Honestly, when I get cut up and get punched up like that, for some odd reason, I like it," Carwin said. "That's the warrior in me. When I go home from sparring, and I get a black eye, I like that stuff. That's just the kind of guy I am. That's like, 'I battled today.' That's what this is about. I probably am a few fries short of a Happy Meal."

On His Return: "Look for a return in the beginning of the year," Carwin said. "I just want to get back in there and just fight. Now that we've acquired Strikeforce, there's some interesting guys over there that I'd like to fight. But they're all top heavyweights. They all bring something exciting to the game. I think every fight is exciting no matter who it is."

On Taking Time Off: "I took this summer off to enjoy with my family after the fight," Carwin said. "It's been a special time with me to be with my kids and my wife and to enjoy that time. That means a lot to me, and it's kind of given me a little bit of a refreshment. I'm just excited to be back in there and compete. That's what I love to do. I love to fight, and I love to be a part of this game."

MMAScoops.com