Seth Rollins explains Raw after WrestleMania segment

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
rollinsawk.webp

During an appearance on the SI Media podcast, Seth Rollins explained an awkward moment that he was part of on WWE Raw earlier this year.

There was a segment on the Raw after WrestleMania 39 where Rollins was briefly interviewed backstage and then made his entrance. After a commercial break, the crowd sang Rollins' song and he left without saying anything. When the show was off-air during the commercial, Rollins could be seen having what looked to be a somewhat heated discussion with the production crew. It was speculated that Rollins was being told about changes to his segment.

Rollins told the SI Media podcast that the issue was a "production snafu." Rollins said the intent of the segment was to let the crowd party and have a musical interlude for the Raw after WrestleMania. But when the show went to commercial, WWE shut the music down and started playing video packages instead of having the crowd continue to sing. Rollins said he was upset about the miscommunication but it wasn't a big deal.

Yeah, that was not a big deal. I was upset, but it was mostly just a production miscommunication. Was that the night after Mania maybe? I think? And the intent of the segment was to go to break with the audience singing my song, allow them to sing during the break, come back up, they might still be singing and then drift off into nothingness and just let it be a musical interlude for the Raw after Mania.
But for whatever reason, that never made it through to production. And so when we go to commercial, instead of just letting the crowd party, they did the thing where they blacked the house, shut down the music, and played the stupid video packages, which messed up what the whole plan was. And so the crowd was trying to sing, but you've got 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin talking about Broken Skull Ranch or whatever on the thing and DX and I’m like, ‘What? Did no one get the memo?'
So it was just a production snafu. But in the middle of a commercial break, I’m yelling to try to get it turned off so they can keep singing, but it was already a disaster. The crowd was confused, didn’t know what to make of it, and then we came back and did the rest of the segment, but it didn’t translate the way you would want it to because the crowd wasn’t able to participate the way the segment was meant to be planned. So I wasn’t really that upset about that. That was just a bad handling.

Rollins was on the SI Media podcast to promote SummerSlam, which is taking place in Detroit this Saturday. Rollins is defending his World Heavyweight Championship against Finn Balor at the pay-per-view.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon