[SD Spoilers] An interesting theory about when Dolph is cashing in

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Just read a report on Bleacherreport.com that had a very interesting idea about Ziggler cashing in, I would really love to see this tbh. [Contains spoilers]

Del Rio will probably defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Big Show at Royal Rumble, so that would seem to open the door for Ziggler to cash in. As much as I want Ziggler to become the world champion by any means necessary, the WWE has a golden opportunity to do something special and memorable with Ziggler.

Conventional wisdom says that Del Rio will beat Big Show at the Royal Rumble, Big Show will knock him out afterwards and then Ziggler will cash in. The WWE could very well go that route and it wouldn't surprise me at all, but hopefully, the writers decide to put a unique spin on things.

My dream scenario would involve Del Rio retaining against Big Show with no cash-in happening during the aftermath. Big Show would then enter the Rumble match later in the night, as would Ricardo Rodriguez, who has been wrestling much more often as of late.

Del Rio would accompany Ricardo to the ring, but to spite Del Rio, Big Show would begin to decimate Ricardo. The beat down would get so bad that Del Rio would eventually jump in the ring to intervene. Big Show would hit Del Rio with a Knockout Punch, however, leaving the World Heavyweight Champion prone in the middle of the Rumble.

At this point, perhaps Ziggler would already be in the ring as a Rumble entrant or he could be the next entrant by chance. Dolph would then hand his briefcase to an official and cash in his contract successfully by pinning Del Rio. By virtue of this, Ziggler would become the new world champion right in the middle of the Rumble match itself.

Nothing remotely close to that has ever happened, so fans would certainly remember it forever. Ziggler is all about showing off and making a splash, and there are few better platforms to do those things on than the Royal Rumble match. Ziggler would then continue to compete in the match, so there would be the threat of the world champion winning and possibly proposing a unification match at WrestleMania.

I don't expect, or necessarily want, Ziggler to win the Rumble, but it would add another wrinkle to an already-intriguing match. Fans always want to see something new and different, and there is no question that a cash-in during the Rumble would have people talking.

Thoughts?

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I don't think that can happen. I find it hard to believe that you can cash in the contract in the middle of a battle royale.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
I don't think that can happen. I find it hard to believe that you can cash in the contract in the middle of a battle royale.

That's the great thing about it, something that nobody will expect, no body will see it coming, it will be shocking.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Baraa said:
That's the great thing about it, something that nobody will expect, no body will see it coming, it will be shocking.

It will be lost in the shuffle methinks.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
Would be awesome but when ziggler cashes then show just eliminates cuz we all know that there's not gonna be a unification , other thing ... ADR 19 days as whc #wwelogic

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
You can't cash in during the Rumble, because the rules would state that the match changes from a battle royal to a world title match between two guys, which can't happen.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
If this did happen, it would be awesome. Ziggler could win and then just eliminate himself to a chorus of boo's, because there is no need for him to win the rumble if he gets the title AND it won't make the new champion look weak getting eliminated.

I highly doubt this is going to happen though.

Dat Kid1

King of smurf Style
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
That is one hell of a plot. It's one of those literally mark out, get out of my recliner moments. I agree that now is the time for Ziggler to cash in now that there is a face champion. I still have my money on a mania cash in, but this idea would be equally as spectacular. The only problem it might have is that it doesn't give Del Rio enough time to shine as World Heavyweight Champion.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
From said:
That is one hell of a plot. It's one of those literally mark out, get out of my recliner moments. I agree that now is the time for Ziggler to cash in now that there is a face champion. I still have my money on a mania cash in, but this idea would be equally as spectacular. The only problem it might have is that it doesn't give Del Rio enough time to shine as World Heavyweight Champion.

He really never has, they like to use him as a transitional champion. The legend continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.