• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Save A Territory...

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I guess this is directed mostly at the older folks or at least those who know their wrestling history, but the question, in short, is what territory would you have saved from the glory days and kept alive until today, and why?

My personal favorite was AWA. At one point it could have been considered national, but as far as I and most people are concerned, it was still a territory. I liked AWA because it actually was great at creating young stars. They may have had 50-year old world champs at times but guys like Curt Hennig, DDP, Yokozuna, and Hulk Hogan all were raised up through AWA during it's existence and got good runs while in the promotion. It was big enough to get young guys exposure, but not so big that it was above using lesser known talents. Plus it's training system was top notch. Verne Gagne and his son were fantastic in running their training camp. They molded the likes of Ric Flair and Sgt. Slaughter into raw talents, and they paved the way for their wrestling career. That's all the reasoning needed is the high level of talent they harnessed and gave to the wrestling world. Plus, they were downright entertaining. I love watching AWA Wrestling on ESPN Classic...

So, what will yours be? What territory do you wish was still alive? By the way, you only get one choice!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
AWA is a good choice, so I won't say them even though I agree with everything you said.

Being Canadian firmly puts bias towards me saying Stampede, but honestly I loved everything about that territory and cannot remember a match from it that I didn't enjoy.

However, even with the Canadian bias, I'm going with CWA. Lawler and Jarrett's Memphis based territory was hands down the most entertaining stuff I ever watched as a kid and I'd highly recommend everyone check out the stellar documentary about it, Memphis Heat.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I am gonna go with WCCW The Von Erics, Freebirds, Gino Hernandez, Chris Adams, Missing Link, Dingo Warrior, etc...it was just a great promotion and was def entertaining as well

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
I admittedly know nothing about all the different territories, but the one I do remember being able to watch was CWA, so I will go with that one. Although, I pick that one with ignorance.

TroyTheAverage

Love That Danhausen
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Sports Team
timberwolves
Favorite Sports Team
xNN1pyG
Favorite Sports Team
MK6AEv8
Well I really have nothing to compare it with. :lol:

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
I am gonna go with WCCW The Von Erics, Freebirds, Gino Hernandez, Chris Adams, Missing Link, Dingo Warrior, etc...it was just a great promotion and was def entertaining as well

I find it odd that you toss Dingo Warrior in there out of all the options... you could have said Devestation, Inc. or Mark Callous/Master of Pain or anyone... but you chose Dingo Warrior... interesting...

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Tbh its all what came to my mind first. And Warrior didn't always suck.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Tbh its all what came to my mind first. And Warrior didn't always suck.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

All that I've seen from the Dingo Warrior I've actually liked, but it just seemed like an unusual name to use in this situation. But I understand.

And we may as well just sum up Fuji's, Booty's, and W-olf's and just say USWA...